Enn önnur ensku smásaga fyrir enskutíma, þemað var vísindaskáldsaga en ég held að ég hafi farið dálítið út fyrir efnið x]
En endilega segja mér hvað ykkur finnst, leiðrétta allar villur sem þið finnið fyrir mig því ensku stafsetningin mín er ekki sú besta =P

,,Common, Will, we have to hurry!’’ I said as I ran to the door. Will was always rather careless so I always had to be the responsable one.
,,Wait a sec… I think I found something!’’ Will said and the exitment was obvious in his voice so I hurried back to him. He was holding an old fashion gun in his hand, it was small and the handle fitted right into his hand. I sighed.
,,We already have enough of those,’’ I said and my annoyance was clear, but still Will put the gun into his backback and it looked like it was going to blow up. ,,We came here to find food, not weapons, we got a room full of those!’’
,,Yah, but you can never have enough of those,’’ he said as we ran to the door, trying to be as quet as we could. ,,These are dangerous times, we have to be prepared. Beside, I can use this one to shoot cans.’’
I knew it. ,,Will! Someday this nonchalant is going to cost you your life.’’ I said as I tried once again to explain to him the danger.
,,Relax, Jake! You are always so stressful, try to live a little!’’
,,Yeah, it won’t be much of a life if your dead!’’
,,Never mind.’’ He said but then he suddenly stopped. I jogged back to him and looked in the same way he was staring with terrified look. At first I didn’t see anything. But then I saw it. She lay in the shadow, and I could see her struggling to breath from here. Her clothes were torn so you could see her skin, but her skin was covered by blood. I couldn’t even see her haircolor because of the red, thick liquid.
,,Common, let’s see if there is any survival chance.’’ I said dryly. We hardly ever found survivors these days, and even if we found one they were usually men who were strong enough to break free.
We hurried to her side and I knelt beside her. She was beautiful, or she would have been if she hadn’t been covered in blood. She grimaced and moaned but never opened her eyes. She looked like she was suffering, badly.
I checked her pulse, it was not regular.
,,We have to take her to the shelter.’’ I said in a low voice but I knew Will would hear.
,,They are fucking animals, to do something like that to an innocent woman!’’ he said, furious.
,,We both know what they are capable of, but help me carry her, they might be coming back to finish her.’’ I said and tried to take as gentle as I could under her shoulder and lift her. Will helped but then took her alltogether into his arm. He seemed to finally be taking this serious. I didn’t object, he was much stronger then me.
I looked around in the dark alley and made sure no one was there before we hurried down the street, always in the shadows. Not that it would help if we met one of them, they could see as well in dark is in light.
I remembered how this street used to look like ten years ago before it all happend. There were happy familys living in these houses, there were happy children playing on the sidewalk, as innocent as any human being could be. The trees were green and the sun shone down at the red roofs, discolouring the painting on the houses. Oh, if I could just see that one more time I would finally find peace.
But now the street looked like a dump. The houses were falling apart and there was no grass, just dirt and blood, like everywhere else. The plants were long dead, they had rotten to death. The vision of this street was colored red. There was congealed blood everywhere, a sign that they had been there. They had been everywhere since they attacked.
They had doomed the human to death, and now it was rare to find any living person. There were only the lucky ones who were alive, the ones that went hiding in so secure place not even they were able to find them.
,,Check if there is someone following us,’’ Will hissed as he slowed down. I hadn’t noticed we were so close to the shelter. All I could see now these days was the terror before my eyes, the blood and sometimes the bodys you could find on the street. I looked in every direction, to see if there was a glimpse of white skin, or maybe shining red eyes.
,,Nobody’s here.’’ I said, keeping my voice in a wisper volume. Will handed me the girl, so that he could unlock the ruined house in front of us. Then he took the girl back and carried her into the house and I followed. I was getting used to the mould smell and the smell of blood but it was still as revolting as ever.
We walked in silent through the broken house, down to the basement and through a strong, medal door that was getting rusty. I opened it wide and Will jumped through it and I followed, and locked the medal door back and made sure it was safely locked.
Fifteen minutes of walking silently in the dark and then we came to the underground shelter, the shelter we had found about four years ago. It was small and smelled like wet dog but it was safe. It was cold enough so the food we found didn’t go to waste.
We put her in the smaller bedroom of two, which was usually mine. There was a airhole up the ground so fresh oxygen got in. This was – among other things – the medical center. We didn’t use it often because there were few survivors, and those who we found were usually dead in a week.
The girl was starting to twist and turn on the bed and she screamed a piercing scream like there was somebody tormenting her at the moment.
,,Give her something to calm down.’’ I hissed. We didn’t want to be tracked down. Will hurried to the medicine case, but we had taken every type of medicine we found in the city.
Two minutes late her body relaxed but her breathing kept uneven.
,,We have to wash her up,’’ I said, trying not to look at her face, afraid I might throw up. Why did they do such a thing to a person that was clearly plain Innocent?
Will got some clean rags and warm water while I dresser her out of her torn clothes. There wasn’t any part of her body that wasn’t covered with blood.
,,It has been a long time since I’ve seen a naked woman,’’ Will said, joking as always, even in this situation.
,,Stop fooling around,’’ I said, little bit annoyed, but kept on the smooth stroking with the rag, in case there were any injuries that I hadn’t seen. Her true skin color was slowly revealed and I was horror strucked.
,,Have you ever seen as pale skin on a human?’’ Will said before I could say anything. He was also shocked.
,,She has lost alot of blood, it’s normal.’’ I said and tried to hide my shock.
,,Why didn’t they just finish her off?’’ he whispered, horror in his voice. ,,Why to let her suffer like this?’’
,,I don’t know, Will. I really don’t know.’’ I whispered back.
We finished cleaning her up and dressed her up in some old clothes. They were too big for her but that didn’t matter. The effect from the medication was slowly fading and she was starting to mumble. The strange thing was that we couldn’t find any wound on her skin so we wondered where all the blood came from. But she was obviously in pain. All of the sudden she talked – more of a scream – her voice so unnaturally beautiful even though it was full of pain.
,,Help!’’ she screamed and started to twist again. I hurried to her side and whispered; ,,It’s okay.’’ To her, as sweet as my voice could become.
,,It’s burning!’’ she screamed again. Now Will was at her side too, holding his hand to her forehead.
,,She is icecold.’’ He said dryly, moving his hand down to her throat to check her pulse. He froze but I couldn’t see why. Then he flipped her hair to her side and revealed two wounds, just the same. At the same time her eyes flew up to reveal blood-red eyes, sparkling with pain.
,,Motherfucker!’’ Will yelled and we both jumped up.
,,Shh,’’ I whispered and dragged Will out of the room, shut the door and locked it .
,,Did you see that?! Did you see that!’’ Will said, his hands shaking as he sat down on rusty chair in the middle of the room.
,,What are we going to do?’’ I whispered, trying not to panic. Will hesitated but then, to my surprise, he grinned.
,,Lets keep her.’’ He said. He was joking. I thought so. I hoped so.
,,No fucking way! I’m not sleeping with a bloodsucking vampire under the same roof!’’ I shouted, not able to keep my voice down.
,,We could do experiments on her, to see if they really have any weakness.’’
,,They don’t. We dropped a fucking nueclear bomb on them, All New York was destroyed but they walk out of the fire like nothing had happened!’’
,,Yeah, I know, but did you see her? She was in pain, maybe, there is something they aren’t immune to.’’
I didn’t say anything. It was a complete silent, I had nothing to say. But then I realized that it was too much silent. She wasn’t screaming anymore. Will seemed to realize that too and he stood silently up.
,,Let me out!’’ we heard. We were terrified and we froze in place. ,,Help me please!’’ she said, pleading now. ,,I don’t wanna be like this, help me!’’
,,How can we trust you?’’ Will said before I could stop him.
,,Please, help me, they got my baby!’’
,,But you are a vampire. Vampires don’t have babys.’’ Will said. She was crying now.
,,They bit me but I got away before the poision got deadly, and became like this. Please, they took my little boy!’’
Will said nothing but he looked at me, question in his eyes. I shook my head.
,,Think about it! If I were a real, strong vampire couldn’t I just smack my fist through the door and it would fall apart?’’
,,She has a point.’’ Will whispered and before I could even move he was at the door, unlocking it.
,,Will, no!’’ I said, but it was too late, the door flew open and the vampire girl stood there in too big clothes and her eyes were as shining red as before, and there was some hint of that pain she had suffered still in her eyes. Her skin was pale white and she walked gracefully toward us.
,,Thank you.’’ She whispered and smiled, revealing her fangs. I backed one step back and then another and she quickly closed her mouth. ,,Sorry.’’
,,See? We aren’t dead.’’ Will said and grinned a wide grin to me. I couldn’t argue with that but I still got goose bumps on my skin, telling me not to be over confident.
,,You have to help me, they got my child!’’ she said, keeping a safe distant to show she was not going to hurt us.
,,Sorry to disapoint you but if they got your baby it is most likely not alive.’’ I said carefully, not wanting her to freak out.
,,No, you can’t be sure of that!’’ she said and some anger flashed through her eyes.
,,I’m afraid it is true.’’ Will said quietly.
,,No, no, no…’’ she said and hid her face in her hands. She didn’t look as dangerous now when the red from her eyes was not showing. She was slim and small and her hair was incredibly red. It wasn’t the blood that had made her hair look that way because red was her natural haircolor, bloodred and it was long and curly.
She slowly sat down on the floor, and was starting to shake. Her hands were wet with tears and we heard quiet sobs. Will took a step toward her and my eyes flashed to his face. He was protecting and caress. I shook my head, tried to demand him not to go any further just by my mind. It didn’t work.
,,There, there,’’ he said and patted her back. I casped and waited for her reaction but she showed none. ,,It will be okay,’’ he lied.
Why, oh, why was my brother so found of a vampire! He had always been the ladys man, even when we were kids before this all occured. But I never imagined him to comfort a vampire girl.
,,We can try to find him.’’ Will said suddenly. I shook my head again but again he ignored me. The girl looked up at him and her red eyes were glistening from the little brightness that was in here.
,,You would do that?’’ she asked, her eyes were wide with admiration. She swung her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly to her. I was about to throw myself at her to protect my brother but it wasn’t necessery. He hugged her back and then helped her stand up. She was still shaky but she seemed happy with the resault.
So we packed all of our stuff we used to go hunting. We knew where their lair was so all we needed was some things to stay out of sight. Then we went, through the corridor and out of the house and we were back at the bloody street. She closed her eyes when she saw all the blood, some fresh and some old. This was tempting her so I dragged Will a few steps away, not that that would stop her if she wanted to kill us.
,,I’m alright, I can resist this.’’ She said and the confident in her voice was contagious so we stepped back to her side and then we headed down the street.
,,We can go much faster if we run,’’ the woman said, clearly annoyed by our slowness. Vampires didn’t travel slow.
,,Then we will increase the chances of being caught.’’ I said.
,,I would smell them if they were neer, let me carry you so I can run on my speed.’’ She said. And ofcourse Will gave in before I could resist.
,,Common, it’s going to be fun, like rollercoaster!’’ he said as he let the woman lift him up and throw him over her shoulder. It was odd to see it.
,,I never liked rollercoaster,’’ I mumbled but let her throw me gently over her other shoulder.
And then she started to run. Everything was in blur and the wind blew my hair in my face. It was uncomfortable and terrifying. Then suddenly she stopped, dragging us into the shadow and hiding us behind her.
We both knew why, but it was too late to hide, they had already seen us and they were walking toward us, herding us. They were in every direction, their red eyes were matching hers, except maybe a little bit darker shade of red. But their skin was as white as ever and they walked gracefully toward us, showing their fangs, daring us to try to make a run for it.
,,Well, well, well, look what we got here,’’ one of them said, stepping a bit closer than the others. He was clearly the leader in that coven. ,,Were you going to bring us some snack?’’ he asked, clearly amused by the womans’ protecting position in front of us.
,,What did you do to my boy?!’’ she screamed at him and the anger was showing from every aspect of her face. ,,What did you do to my little baby?! I know it was you, I remember you!’’
,,Lets just calm down for a second,’’ he said, and the circle around us was tightening, denying us any chances of escape. ,,Are you talking about that blonde boy? The little one, the juicy one? Yeah, he cried alot.’’ He added coldly, grinning as he remembered something. It was revolting.
,,You son of a bitch!’’ She screamed, positioning her self into crouch, ready to attack.
,,Lets not be hasty, shall we?’ he said and grinned once again. The men around him were chuckling and watching every movement we made. ,,He tasted very sweet though, somehow floral… It was tempting, the best meal I’ve had in long time.’’ He said and patted his stomach. There came a low ripping noise somewhere deep in the womans chest and she was about to attack when Will whispered to her, alarmed;
,,No, it will kill us all!’’
But she didn’t listen to him for once. She jumped at the vampire at such speed that one moment she was in front of us and the next she was in front of him, trying to attack him but he was even faster than she was.
,,Hmm, you have excellent fighting skill,’’ he said, in casual tone, moving one step to left to avoid her fist. ,,But not good enough.’’ He added and then he gripped her arm and twisted it so she was on the ground, struggling to get up. He nodded toward the others and the circle closed again so we couldn’t see what was happening. But we saw that we were doomed. Elleven thirsty vampires moved toward us, giving us no chance to escape. They went slowly, to let us suffer in that knowledge that we were about to die.
I thought about all the happy memories I had of my childhood. Before the vampires got out of the shadows, finally many enough to conquer the human kind. It was true, Dracula had died, the vampire of the vampires. But vampires didn’t stop existing. They just went hiding, knowing that they were too weak to kill all the humans. They would wait for a better time.
But the myth of vampire had blurred with the time and some things added but somethings were skipped. They were immune to everything. There were no crosses, no carlic, no sunlight that could defeat them. They were unstoppable. It had all happened ten years ago, 2160. The killing had increased and was suddenly so obvious to the whole world. People started to disappear but than appearing weak or so later, covered in their own blood and with two bitemarks on their necks. It wasn’t a war, it was an extermination. They had slaughtered every person they could find. There were so many of them, the humans never had a chance.
I pushed myself to the wall, trying to get as far away from the vampires as I could. The death was coming and I knew it. It would be a relief but I wasn’t okay with my brother having to go down too. It was painful to know that your only family was dying and you couldn’t do anything about it.
But suddenly there was a gap in the circle and before I noticed I was flying. At least it felt that way. Everything was a blur and I felt the wind in my face. I looked to my right and saw Wills’ head. He looked at me, and the shock on his face mirrored mine. I saw red hair blowing with the wind and I was relieved. We had chance, we could survive.
But then I slammed to the ground and the last thing I saw before I went blank was the vampires ripping my friend and my brother, letting their blood spill on the street and all over their bodys. The last thing I felt was terror.
I woke up, my head hurt and I had some serious cuts on my hand, the hand that had slammed to the ground, and maybe some broken ribs. But that was it. I hadn’t been hurt at all. I looked around, confused, seeing that I was buried inside of a rose bush. The red roses grew all around me and the stings were stabbed my skin, leaving shallow cuts.
Few feats from me there was fresh blood leaking from the bodys on the street. And then it hit me with such a force that I couldn’t breathe. Pain, anger, sadness and most of all the longing to kill.
Why them? Why didn’t they hurt me? Why didn’t they kill me? Was this their sicko way of killing someone, killing my soul, my reason for life just for fun?
And then I understood. They had weakness. I barked out a dark laughter, which ripped the silent. It was so obvious, so random. Roses. That was their only weakness. Roses were sign of love, maybe even love in its’ own person, the emotion they could never feel.
I took one extremely beautiful rose that was in front of me. Why were roses the only plant that lived these days? Now that I tought about it I had once in a while seen some rose bushes, completly unharmed. They had growed wild for ten years.
The stings on the rose cut my skin but I ignored that insignicant pain. I inhaled the smell and it was wonderful, to finaly smell something different than blood these days. I slowly stood up, ignoring my broken ribs and walked slowly to the sidewalk and then to the middle of the street. I didn’t look at the bodys, I was sure the sigth of my brothers’ blood was not going to help my pokerface.
I walked slowly down the street, feeling secured. I was confident, with the rose in my hand, that they couldn’t harm me. I wanted to rip them apart and laugh at their weakness. Roses! Who would have thought of that?
I walked down the street, the bloodred rose in my hand, longing for revenge.
The word ‘politics’ is derived from the word ‘poly’, meaning ‘many’, and the word ‘ticks’, meaning ‘blood sucking parasites’.