72nd chapter

the call of felwood

He opened his eyes and noticed how everything had lost its green hue. For a second he worried but then he realized that this probably meant that Mesfer was far away for now.
He looked around, seeing the trees move slowly in the breeze that moved the forest of feralas, taking note of how peaceful a nearby bird was , sitting on a branch that heaved slowly and surely.
The bird looked around , as if pondering what to do next in his carefree and boundless life.
For a moment Exen’tor wondered how better his life would have been if he would have been born a carefree bird, fluttering around without worrying about the fate of all the world.
But then the wind swiftly changed its course almost hitting the bird of its branch. The whole of the forest sounded differently, the easy going sound of falling leaves was replaced by an urgent sound of thousand of animals suddenly fleeing into every direction and of hundreds of them suddenly turning northwards.
Exen’tor swallowed as he watched the sky darken with birds, both big and small all flying north as if summoned by a call, “Follow the wind” he said.
He rose up, clothing his back which felt sore after the whole flying experience.
“I’m not in a big of a hurry to do that again” he said to himself.
Wisim was right there beside him and took his hand.
“you shouldn’t there was far too much of a strain on you back this time. Do this kind of a thing again and do it wrong and you might never walk again.”
“Good thing I have Mizra then,” he said and stood up.
“I mean it “Wisim said, “the amount of magical stress you have put you body in it’s a wonder you’re still standing.”
“I’ll be fine, seriously. I need to speak to the alliance people though, something has come up.”
“That, I fear will be less then possible.”
“What why ?”
“They’re gone.”
“Gone?”
“Yes, gone. They went east, this morning.”
“Why?”
“Wouldn’t say. Said that it was some kind of a secret bullshit. It’s pretty obvious what they are doin there though.”
“What then?”
“Well there’s only one thing in that direction worth looking for.”
“What would that be ?”
“Well what else is there, the asteroid or whatever it was fell down somewhere in that direction. they’re going there to investigate whatever happened.”
Exen’tor looked at him, his face still swollen from the fight against the dragon.
He had forgotten how Wisim could make something like that out from the obscure information at hand.
He looked to the east , as if hoping that he would see the gryphons returning, but met only trees and birds flying north.
He looked at Wisim and said, we have to go north.
“Well we were anyway weren’t we?
“Well yeah, but now we have a destination.
“Destination?
“Felwood. We’re going to meet Manvalas in felwood.Something is happening, something big, and Manvalas is in the middle of it.”
“How would you know?”
Exen’tor paused for a moment and then said quietly: “he, he came to me in a dream.”
“A dream?”
“A dream, a very realistic and real dream.”
“You know what I think of dreams don’t you?”
“Yes I do and it wont matter in this case as I’ve already decided. We’re going to felwood.”
Wisim stared hard at Exen’tor who stared just as hard right back at him.
“All right then, we were going north anyway.”
Exen’tor took a look upwards and saw yet another flock of birds fly north. Yes north seemed the place to go to right now.

All around them the forest changed its course. And all around the forest nature did so too. in the dark plains of desolace, kodos and centaurs suddenly looked north. In the misty woods of ashenvale panthers,bears, deers and owlbears looked towards ashenvales dark cousin, feelwood and started marching.
In mulgore, the barrens, thousand needles, azshara,darkshore,durotar and stonetalon mountains, most of the beasts and birds turned their faces towards felwood.
The call had been made,and now nature answered.
And the sun was darkened by the birds of the skies.
And the earth was covered by the beasts of the land.
And the elements themselves turned north to fill the land with power.
For nature had called and must be answered.
For a dark age may soon be upon us. An age of tyranny and destruction.
For the lich king has arisen, the frozen throne left alone, and the endless horde is on the move.
And outside the corners of the world, beyond the veil that border order and chaos agents of the enemy sit by watching gleefully, watching events unfold as they had hoped.
And the burning crusade is standing by.
most plans are critically flawed by their own logic.a failure at any step will ruin everything after it.