sorry hvað kaflinn kemur seint, samblanda af írskum dögum og að vera uppfærur í yfirmann í vinnunni er ekki góð blanda

allavega
enjoy

69th chapter

a saner road of madness

Dawnwaker died instantly. It was not a violent death, not a painful one, one second he was clawing at some nuisance on his nose, the next one it was all over. His mind wiped blank and dead by Ankthar, standing in his elven form with his gun still smoking.
And suddenly he became aware of the fact that he was standing on the nose of a dragon falling down with no mount or a way to get off.
Then suddenly he felt the dragon get hit, the body shaking and rolling in the air,and then he felt another, and another.
Ankthar fell down on the hard scales and tried to grab some of them.
But they were slippery as wet stone and he slided forward, barely grabbing hold on the empty eye sockets.
“What in the green hell of stranglethorn is going on?” He shouted as the dragon was just thrust upwards.

Exen’tor was not pleased. Mesfer was not pleased. The being known as Exen’tor was truly not pleased. The kill was his. The kill was theirs! They had been doing all right.
They’d been doing great! And now it was over, and they hadn’t been the cause.
He was furious, feeling madness creeping over the last reasonable vestiges of his soul.
Exen’tor gave the body another hit, another jolt of shadowy sand and felt the scales shatter beneath his fists.
But in the furthest deepest reaches of his mind, the final part of him that still cried for reason and logic the real Exen’tor was standing in a golden desert where no sun shone.
He was standing in a broken tower with the sand raging around him, tapping his foot into the ground, impatiently waiting for someone.
At long last a figure appeared in the sky and lowered down onto the tower. Exen’tor raised his hands in relief and said :” about time, I thought you people were punctual.”
A female elf looked at him and squinted ,as if sizing him up: “do not jest with these things Exen’tor, father is grateful for your sacrifices and has complete faith in you. “She stopped there, walked towards him and whispered into his ear:” but the rest of us are not pleased at all, little timeless one.”
Exen’tor shouted angrily: “I did as you asked, I joined with Mesfer permanently on your say so. What more would you ask of me? and why would you even ask that?”

She circled around him and looked at him as if wondering whether she should even bother to answer. At last she said: “to test your loyalty to our cause, and to test your capacity for the coming madness. Lets just say that your tasks with us will need you to be capable of dealing with a certain sense of maddening illogical activities”.
Exen’tor grabbed her by the collar and said in a plain voice: “I don’t like being talked down to. I don’t like these endless enigmatic answers and I seriously don’t like the idea that I am doomed to work with you people.”
“But it’s fate….”
“I don’t give two tugs of a dead demons ass about your bloody fate you yellow bastard, I’m only doing this because it was the only way you would let me get back to my team last time.”
“No you’ve made me join with a demon whose only real joy lies with fire and destruction, in order to train me in insanity because you need me to be ready for something even madder than the current situation.”
“now that is something I’d say is some seriously enigmatic and mysterious bullshit.”
“So what I’d like to know,like right now, is what you people expect me to do now that I’ve payed my debt to you.”
he let her go and stared at her intently, waiting for an answer.
She straightened herself , brushed her robe and said: “father asked me to tell you this: when times of trouble come to you, follow the saner road of madness.”

Exen’tor raised an eyebrow and shook his head.
“Can’t you ever be straightforward?, can’t you ever just tell me what’s going on? What the big mistery is? “
The woman only stared.
“No of course you can’t. everything must happen without us knowing what’s going on don’t it? You bloody good for nothing flying sons of…”
“There will be a traitor amongst your people.”
“What?”
One of your teammates will betray the rest, because of the truth which you so tirelessly look for. That’s why we cannot tell you, because it could be any one of you.”
“No that’s impossible. We will never betray one another . That was the point of the gatekeepers, we were willing to lay down our lives for the sake of everyone else.
Including each other.”
“And what if to save everyone else you had to destroy one of your own?
Which is more important; the team, or the world?”
Exen’tor didn’t answer, but slowly began to fade away from view.
“That won’t happen, he said. It simply won’t happen.”
“And if it will, it’s not really an option is it? The team or this damned world.”

He opened his eyes and looked at his hands beating the dead dragons carcass.
He dug deep into his mind and found Mesfer where he was having the time of his life.
“He’s dead”, Exen’tor demanded, “so stop this.”
“Oh no, this isn’t the same deal as before we’re sharing control now, I don’t have to do anything I don’t want to. So if you don’t mind I’m going to continue beating that dragon until it wont even resemble something organic.”
“Actually this is the same deal as before you bastard,” Exen’tor said.
“Huh?”
“I still control the flow of magic in me, and I’m cutting you off if you don’t start doing what I tell you to do.”
The imp hesitated and then slowly receded, allowing Exen’tor to gain control over his body. an imp without magic was a bit like dying, but only alot worse.
Exen’tor immediately let go of the dragon, dissipated the sands around him, and even managed to quiet down his hair.
He opened his eyes and looked at his body, quite pleased with the transformation.
he then turned around to look into the eyes of being of a race he hated above all recognition.
A female night elf and her gryphon mount hovered beside him, an arrow dripping with poison pointed at him.
Exen’tor felt the rage swell up within him again. But he with an astounding amount of willpower he managed to keep it down.
“Ease it down blood elf”, rusynja said with the same amount of disgust in her eyes, “just give me a reason.”
Exen’tor smiled and chuckled.” you just saw me beat a dragon dead with my fists.
You think your arrow’s gonna stop me? go on. I dare you. Shoot.”
“Hold it” , a massive dark man in far too small white robe and with some of the biggest shoulder guards Exen’tor had ever seen.
“No more blood shall be spilled this day, the enemy is undone and this is a time for answers and closure, not old rivalries.”
Wisim’s voice sprouted somewhere behind the shoulder guards: what he said.
There was a moment’s silence as Wisim looked around himself and asked: where’s Ankthar?

Ankthar was sickened as he fell into the gooey piece of brain matter inside Dawnwakers skull.
“What the.. pthack… I need to fthec , get out of here.”
He practically swam through the purple matter and grabbed hold of the open socket.
And with a squeeze and a little help from magic he thrust himself over into the open air where he was airborne.
At first he was relieved to get out of that disgusting place, but then he realized, he was alone, without a mount, and only few moments away from the ever closing ground.
He changed into his dwarfen form and said: “oh crud.”
most plans are critically flawed by their own logic.a failure at any step will ruin everything after it.