58th chapter.

A strength beyond

She had just spent the entire week pouring her power unto her friend.
Her hands were shaking, her control over the ice was little and she was truly and really exhausted.
At that moment she really could believe him. The power emitting form him, the lack of power in her limbs, the speed which he’d disabled them made every cell in her body scream for help and escape.
“Run away” a voice boomed in her head. Run away.
She felt a hand gripping her on the shoulder, Sira’dreth heaving herself up.
She was boiling with rage and lava. Her head was bleeding and Mizra heard her hand crack back into place.
She looked at Mizra and said with fury: “we can beat him”.
And Mizra a felt her chest swell up with power, pride and hope.
She looked at the dragon in front of her and felt as if it had gotten smaller.
She took her sisters hand and charged in unison.

There was a second explosion, not as loud but just as full of force.
Wisim seemed to suddenly realize that his daughters were in the middle of those explosions.
“Sira?” he yelled worried. “Mizra?”
He tore himself from Exen’tors grip and walked worried towards the darkened tunnels.
“MIZRA!”, he was beginning to grow truly frightened as the final explosion was barely heard through the sounds of fallen rocks.
There was silence,rubble and dust was slowly rising through the darkness.
Wisim was truly worried and frightened, he knew his daughters were more than capable, but this unnatural darkness seemed to eat upp every hope of ever seeing them again.
He heard a shuffle in the darkness, something moving slowly forwards through rubble and chaos.
A voice erupted, as ancient and dangerous as the world.
“Fear not, our coming we can not be avoided.
We have been awakened so this is the end.
Do not hate us, thank us for your demise.”

A form stepped out of the shadow, dragging Mizra and Sira’dreth behind.
Nightwalker lifted the near lifeless Mizra up with one hand holding her up in front of Wisim.
“Fear not, for we are destruction
Let your differences aside, for they matter no more.
Do not fight us, for we are inevitable.”

Wisim fell to his knees, unable to understand what was happening.
He had just reunited with them, he had just seen them after those years apart not knowing if the lived or not.
And now they hung there, lifeless dolls in the hands of a man he’d never seen before.
Something inside him snapped.
It was a pitiful sight at first seeing him, a broken man crying out in front of of his half dead daughter.
But slowly lightning began to crackle around him.

“Do not detest us”, nightwalker continued.
“We are not evil,
We are not chaotic,
We do not hate life,
We are simply the end of it all
And when the sky turns red, and the sun goes black,
when we engulf the world in darkness
shall the last living thing give its final breath to a lifeless sky.
And so shall none remember the final flight of the sixth.”

Wisim was beginning to glow with a sky blue colour,he did not listen to the nightwalkers rattling ,not exen’tors cry of: “STOP!” He heard only his own thoughts of death and mutilation.
“I will kill you “,he whispered constantly: “I will kill you I will kill you I WILL KILL YOU!”
A force field blasted around him , leaving a small crater in the ground.
He rose, slowly, his skin ablaze with energy, his all skyblue eyes emitting thunders and crackling power.
Magic did not leak from him as usually happened but was rather sucked towards him.
Nightwalker threw Mizra to the ground, assuming full human form and smiled at wisim who was quickly becoming and embodiment of anger and fury.
“Do not hate me,friend, I am what will become.”

Exen’tor attempted his final cry of: NO!, before falling to the floor from his bed, crawling towards Mizra and Sira’dreth.

Wisim however screamed loudly at the image of his fallen daughters wanting nothing more than to hurt the one who’d hurt them.
Massive balls of blue energy formed around him and shot at ace with the speed and magnitude of a rockslide.
Each and every ball had the destructive power enough to topple a tower, and each and every hit ace with the ferocity of a monsoon.
But ace stood there , without flinching, without backing down and without losing that sneer from his face.

Exen’tor had slowly made his way to the sisters and was now getting some strength back , capable of walking , although under present circumstances he preferred to stay low.
He clapped Mizra on the cheeks and she immediately slapped him back, claming that his was no way to treat a lady.
She was all right, possibly healing herself already.
But Sira’dreth was barely breathing, with open wounds around her body.

When the barrage finally ended, ace said happily: oh you’ll have to do better than that.
His features began to change , his face growing larger ,wider, more draconic.
Wings sprouted on his back, his skin turned to scales and his feets began to grow immense.
Within a few seconds a fully fledged dragon stood before Wisim.
I am of the sixth flight elf, made so that none of your magics may work against me.
You have lost before the battle even began.
Wisim charged at the bragging dragon, jumped up with no apparent reason and with a lightning, disappeared.
Nightwalker raised a brow and looked around, seeing a glimpse of Wisim as he was etching a glyph at one part of the cavern before vanishing with a crackle to another place.
This made no sense to nightwalker but Exen’tor realized immediately what was happening.

“Light preserve us” ,he muttered before yelling at Mizra “Get up! I can’t hold both of you!”
He lifted Mizra up, who fell against a wall, covering her face, breathing deeply, and asked: “what…. Why?”
Exen’tor took hold on Sira’dreth and tried to lift her up but he lacked all strength.
He attempted once, twice before explaining: “he’s using the wise bomb.”
Mizra was quick to recover in light of those news and within moments they were in flight to the outside.

Wisim finally finished the glyphs and teleported in front of the dragon.
Nightwalker looked at Wisim and asked: “what was that all about you silly elf?”
Wisim looked at nightwalker and answered, “you will soon find out.”
He stepped one glyph in front of him and the other glyphs began to shine brightly with clear magical power.
most plans are critically flawed by their own logic.a failure at any step will ruin everything after it.