56th chapter

Silence between thunders

He was truly meeting the cause and source of his powers. Something had happened so it was forced to draw all its power out of Exen’tor just to stay alive.
Exen’tor had become hardly more than a shell of himself and nearly died in the final battles when his source had fought the dangers directly.
But he lived.
And he came back with a message.

Life-force slowly returned in his body, and Mizra breathed a little easier.
She still stayed by his side waiting for life to return.
Behind her Sira’dreth and her adopted father talked in hushed voices:
“do you think he’ll be all right? “Sira’dreth asked looking at exen’tor as he might evaporate any minute
“Of course he will”, Wisim said and added with a pat on her head, “my little shishen”.
Sira’dreth took his hand and jerked it off and said with a bit of laughter in her voice: “don’t call me that, I’m not a little girl anymore.”
“Really? Well I’m still taller than you, uhm got a longer beard, and well, I bet I can still beat you in arm wrestling.”
They chuckled and wrestled for a bit until Ankthar came back from his tour around compound.
He came upon them in his elven form as they were gripping each others hand and trying to push each other away.
“Not that I like disturbing your…. Family reunion, but what is it exactly that you’re doing here?”
Wisim dropped his hands and looked at Ankthar as if he had just asked why the sun was yellow.
“What do you mean what? isn’t that why you came? To help me finish?”
“Finish what “Sira’dreth asked.
“You mean… you don’t know?”
“Know about what? “
“Oh well it’s just that .well, I’m teleporting dalaran here.”
”What? They both yelled in unison.”
“You see, dalaran is simply to close to the undead, and well the mages have pretty much had enough of war. So they contacted me to teleport their entire city to here.”
“Why here?”
“Well magic’s strong here, everything is amplified a bit, its well, rather far away from any potential enemies and frankly the mages are just to damned cold up there so close to the mountains.”
“But, but, is the city even rebuilt?”
“Of course it is, they’re , well, mages. I’ll bet you that they had it up and running in its former glory within half a year.”
Mizra had walked up to them after the yelling and high voices.
“What’s going on “she asked.
Ankthar answered while leaning on his gun.
“ Your father here is going to teleport dalaran onto our heads.”
“What? How?”
“Ahhh there’s the beauty of it you see. It’s really not that much of a problem if you got the right components.”
“I’ve etched a magic circle in the jungle pinpointed to the greatest area of magic traffic in the world.”
“Then I need three things. Arcane power to teleport the city, natural power to let the city settle in nicely and powers of the light to keep the inhabitants save.
The arcane powers were ,ah well, easy enough, have enough of them inside me.
The nature powers were also easy to find by utilizing the lava inside.
The powers of the light were a harder problem but I’ found ways to overcome that particular problem.”
“How? You don’t have any light given powers.”
True enough, I simply fooled pladins over here and extracted the energy from them.”
An eerie silence followed.
“You what?” Sira’dreth asked suspecting already what extracting meant.
“ I led or , well, chased them to a spot in the circle where their powers were needed and , well, killed them.”
“You killed paladins!? “Ankthar yelled at him with fury, “protectors of justice , law and weak? You killed them in cold blood?”
“Well ah, I wouldn’t really call them protectors and all that. More like greedy bastards wanting my book. Imagine this: every single one of them stole it away.”
“Most probably wanting to use it or good and advisement, Ankthar retorted.”
“Well, it doesn’t really work like that anyway…..”

Mizra cut him short,”dad what do you need to finish this…. Plan of yours?”
“Well I need only one more paladin ,I need to bring him here and then ,well, kill him”.
“Which reminds me”, he added and looked in the east, more of a move of consideration than actual scan and saw with his magic sensing eyes something that he thought:
“Impossible! “He said with doubt in his voice that he was seeing truly.
“Now listen to me you dastardly villain I will not allow you to….” Ankthar began but was interrupted by Wisim:” GET DOWN!”

For the second time night walker crashed through a mountain that day. He was getting more than a bit tired and hurt from the activity.
But he wanted revenge, now.
He had been spending the last week recovering from his wounds and all the while had thought of ways to kill his foes.
And he would spend most time on the one called Mizra.
Even with his speed and magic accompanying him he didn’t manage to get through to the void he knew was inside the mountain.
He raised his black wings and let out a howl of death and destruction that scared even the giant monsters in the jungle far away from fire plume ridge.
He changed his figure to that of a human and became ace the paladin.
Fire lit in his eyes, lightning crackled in his hands and great force surrounded him lifting and smashing stones around him.
He walked with great rage and fury into the cave leaving footprints filled with darkness.

Exen’tor began to shuffle about.
most plans are critically flawed by their own logic.a failure at any step will ruin everything after it.