sorry sorry sorry hvað kaflinn kemur seint.
var á ónettengdu lani.

49th chapter

Failed inquisition

The sun had begun its slow descent to the end of the world and for the first time in for a long time did it not conjure hopes of a chilled evening and a well deserved rest in the minds of Mizra, Sira’dreth and Ankthar.
For now they were surrounded by the forces of ahn Quiraj even though they didn’t appear to have any interest in the party whatsoever.
The worker bees just buzzed around them, and the few guards didn’t pay them any heed either deciding they were no threat or simply not worth the trouble.
But by nightfall who could tell what the bugs or whatever you called the things skittering around them would do.
And slowly they made their way through the massive bug feet around them, blocking the sun somewhat, but scaring Ankthar a lot more.
But their trek was soon at an end.
And for some, much sooner than they thought.

When the moon had risen instead of the sun and they’d camped between two large feet Mizra asked ace :”How long until we reach the crater?”
Ace looked to the west and said: “the smell of jungle is not far away, by dayfall tomorrow we’ll be on the rim. Then we go by road down there.”
“Thanks “she said and walked over to Sira’dreth and Ankthar.
“Listen up”, she said as she sat down.
“Shut up I’m dead” Ankthar replied, quite tired after dragging exen’tor behind him all this time.
She kicked him a bit in the side and continued, “this is the time.”
“What time? “Sira’dreth asked, busy restacking her remaining supplies.
”It’s time Mizra” repeated, “to take Mr. ace out.”
Sira’dreth looked up, “shouldn’t we talk about this “she said pleading, “I mean seriously look at the facts, we are basing all of this on what you think you heard Exen’tor say when he suddenly for no reason succumbed to the heat or something else.”
“Not what I think I heard, I know exactly what I heard, he told me to kill Mr. Ace and that’s what I intend to do, help me or not! “she stood up and walked over to Ace.
“Fine but we’re still basing it on something that he just…, “Sira’dreth tried reason but ended up failing.
“Damnit” she cursed.” Damnit.”
She stood up and followed suit.
Ankthar however began to snore. violently.

Ace was busy tying together his makeshift tent.
His sticks fell apart as the sisters approached him, a little laugh escaped his mouth regarding his clumsiness.
Mizra walked right up to him, blocking the evening sun.
“Ace” ,she said,”we need you to answer a few questions.”
“Really” he replied tying the tent once, “again what about? Hold this please.”
Sira’dreth took hold of the stick in the correct angle while ace tied it with another one.
“Where are you taking us?” Mizra asked without interruption.
“Why . to the un’goru crater, through that glade of obnixous bees. Why’re you asking that?”
“We haven’t ….” Suddenly and unexpectedly the ground started shaking, violently.
“What the…. “Ace began but noticed of the bug feet behind them were moving.
The sand was quaking beneath them.
“Get out of here!” He commanded as he began to run away.
“Hold on there we’re not done with….” , Mizra began but fell down when the second big quake began.
Her hands became stuck in the sand,
The sand was slowly starting to move by the quakes, some of it was being sucked to the middle of the bug feet which were now swinging around as if mad.
“MIZRA! SIRA’DRETH! HELP!” Came a voice.
They both looked around and saw Ankthar in his elven form struggling with keeping Exen’tor above ground.
Drainage was forming near them, sucking the sand and anything on it.
Suddenly the evening had turned into survival of the fastest.
The bug feet were swinging dangerously close to Exen’tor by now and Ankthar didn’t have the strength to keep him away. The pull of the sand was getting stronger and stronger.
Sira’dreth sprung up and soared a bit over ace as he struggled to get to Ankthar , and then flew straight to Exen’tor.
She grabbed him by the arms and barely managed to lift him up.
He was a lot heavier than he looked like and she hardly had enough strength to lift him, not to mention fly him away.
Seeing that Exen’tor was in the safe Ankthar immediately attended to his own safety by trying to run away.
But it became obvious that running in the sand was quickly becoming impossible.
The sand was loose and sliding towards the bug feet with an alarming speed.
Not to make things any better the feet themselves were now growing truly dangerous, swinging madly through the air as if looking for something to slice through.
Ankthar fell down ,the sand sucking him backwards. Ace wasn’t far away so he took his sword in its sheath and tried to reach Ankthar.
But it was all to no avail for suddenly a foot swung by and grabbed Ankthar, dragging him up into the air.
Ankthar felt the air being pressured out of his lungs. He tried to grab his axe in futile hope to crack the iron hard exoskeleton, but he stuck and without hope.
He tried to punch, kick, scream and bite but the foot simply swung him around as if it was playing with a doll.
Mizra looked hopelessly at him , unable to do anything but barely keep herself and Exen’tor from the ground.
Sira’dreth was stuck , her wings couldn’t lift her no matter what she tried.
And ace was halfway buried, some how keeping himself out of the sand.

Ace was fighting madly, struggling, squirming and generally going berserk, swearing he’d never give in. And suddenly he was airborne.
The foot had thrown him upwards and he was now falling. Falling towards the middle, and for a split of a second he could’ve sworn he saw a terrible maw, with teeth’s upon teeths.
He knew this was it. This was the end, his death note , his final moments .
But damnit he was going out this world the same way he’d been brought into it!
He took hold of his blunderbuss , which had for some reason stayed on his back, aimed at the middle and shot while screaming:” FOR THE PEOPLE OF RUNEVILLE, BUGGER OFF!”
The shot went of and was buried into the drainage of sand.
This was it. He closed his eyes and let himself fall.
And his life flashed before him, the hard times at his mother’s house, the harder times outside of it, adreena and the other, his first meeting with Exen’tor, his betrayal and the charred remains of his hated hometown.
And he fell.
Mizra screamed.
He was almost happy.
Sira’dreth finally fought her w ay out of the sand but she was far too late.
He looked at the maw opening beneath him, held his head up high and greeted his death with a grin.

But the sound of her padded feet was the sound of an angel in his ears.
most plans are critically flawed by their own logic.a failure at any step will ruin everything after it.