46th chapter

no more signs and portents

Exen’tor looked through the storm and saw the end and the beginning, the final moment, one with the last.
He saw the golden age of dragons, of night elves and trolls, the coming of humans, the sundering and the fall of everything he knew and held dear.
He looked through the storm and time seemed to shift.
He saw the timeline of the world, the future and the past, what will happen and what has possibly happened before.
Yet when he finally tore his eyes away from the vision he forgot it all, every moment and possibility, and all that remained was the feeling of a great loss, a moment of clarity lost in thoughts.
He tore his eyes away and for a moment the storm shifted and a man appeared before him.
“I’m sorry that it must be I that brings you this message “he said rather bored.” But father is as all of his kind busy beyond measure, perhaps more than all.”
“What..” Exen’tor managed to say before the storm began again and he was forced to take cover behind a crumbling wall.
“You might ask what this place is or who my father is, but I can’t answer neither.
I can tell you my name and the reason for me being here but only if you truly wish it.”
“Make it stop1” Exen’tor shouted.
“What?” The man shouted back unable to hear properly in the howling wind.
“MAKE IT STOP!THE WIND!” Exen’tor shouted at the top of his voice.
“Oh sorry” said the man taken aback. The storm ceased immediately.
“Thank you,” Exen’tor said ,standing up,” now could you tell who the hell you are?”
“I am letlierstrasz, “the man said bowing.
“All right, I’m exen’tor, now could you tell what you’re doing in my dream?”
Letlierstrasz sighed.
“Look it’s not a dream, it’s never just a dream with you people is it. oh no it’s full of signs and portents, everything vague and ambiguous.
Not now and not here, I’ve got a list of things I’ve got to tell you and damned little time to do it. But by father you’re going to listen.”
Exen’tor didn’t know how to react to this kind of speech, damnit he was the one dreaming. reluctant he approached letlierstrasz and said: “all right say your piece.”
“There is something you should know about your guide,” letlierstrasz began.
“All right , what he’s got a hugged debt he’s running from?”
“He’s the most dangerous being you’ve ever met.”
“What? Ace? He’s just a paladin that can use a little magic.”
“He’s not a paladin any more than I’m a furbolg. He’s one of the sixth flight.”
“Sixth what?”
“It ‘s a long story which will be explained in due time. Do you know how azeroth came to be the way it is now? Who created it?”
Exen’tor dug through his time in dalaran looking for some class he’d been more than half awake the entire time: “Some say something called the titans made it but I don’t see how It’s relevant…”
“ Exactly, the titans came to this world and defeated the old gods that had ravaged this world for aeons. Even though the titans were nearly all powerful they were in for a hard time. The old gods were so powerful that none of them were killed but rather caged under the surface of the planet, never allowed to return for all eternity.”
“But since the world had been born through war it was clear to the titans that war would be the way of things in this world.”
“So they created the dragons, the six flights of azeroth.”
“You mean five”, Exen’tor pointed out.
“No, I mean six.”
“Alekstraza the lifebinder was given a portion of the powers of eonar the titanic patron of live.”
“Eonar also gave ysera ,the dreamer, power over nature and entranced her in the emerald dream.”
“Aman’thul the highfather of the titans gave Nozdurmo the timeless one, power over time and fate and the responsibility of watching over both.”
“Norgannon the lore keeper empowered Malygos spell weaver with his wisdom and power over magic and lore.”
“Neltharion the earth warder was charged with dominion over earth and deep places by khaz’goroth.”
“And finally the titans released a little of their fallen brother sargeras to the sixth aspect.”
“WHAT!? Why?”
Why? Every other flight was charged with keeping the balance, keeping the world on its right track but the sixth was charged with it’s final destruction.
Why would they make something like that? I thought the titans were the good guys?
Well they were, are, but they were also wise beyond recognition and they knew that everything that has a beginning has an end. And they thought that they should make sure that it would an ending fitting to the beginning.”
“It was done out of love of this world more than anything else.”
“Believe me I’ve been told how the end is going to be , you will thank the flight for it as they burn everything.”
“They chained them beneath the well of eternity, hence the name, when the powers of the well would be over the sixth flight would awake and eternity is over.
The corruption of the well by the burning legion made the idea a bit of a mess but the powers of the well are slowly declining.”
“But what has all of this to do with our guide? “Exen’tor asked , “desperately trying to make some sense of it all.”

“I’m getting to that.”

“Only the patron and the court of this flight are kept under the well, but the eggs, the offspring were sealed in a cave under the earth to be awakened by the flow of blood that will run as rivers in the great wars.”
“The eggs feed on blood that seeps through the earth, and when enough blood has been spilled they awaken and if the patrons of their flight has not awakened still it is their job to do so.”
“But what has….”

“ The forsaken found the cave under their capital city, and figured out that the eggs were of dragon origin.”
“Very keen on breeding their personal dragon flights the forsaken bathed the eggs in blood, human blood mostly, they hunt and kill any living thing these days for their blood.”
“The first three eggs were very successful and three healthy dragons were bred at an incredible rate.
Your guide is one of those three.”
“We’re not sure what their plans are but we do know that they have something to do with your friend wisim and the crater he’s in these days.”

“Ace Runner, his self given name is a part of the final dragonflight.
And whatever he is doing it has something to do with the former well of eternity.”
Exen’tor was stunned, of all the things he could have imagined this peculiar paladin to be, an evil dragon bent on world destruction by awakening his sleeping father from below the maelstrom, was definitely not one of it.
He took a deep breath and was relatively over it. Living a life like he had had made him rather immune to great shocks.

“So what am I do?” Exen’tor asked,”Kill him?”
Letlierstrasz looked at him as if he had suddenly changed into a strange spacial anomaly.
“Have you not been listening, you can’t kill these things by any normal or abnormal means!this is not your normal over the top evil and sadistic doom cult acocalyte, this isn’t even your normal doom cult.
They’re not evil by nature, they’re just doing their job. Their function is to end the world, and they will stop at nothing to do so.!
Exen’tor stared at him: “so I have to kill him.”
“you can’t just “kill” someone of that calibre, he’s immune to all kinds of magic, fire arcane, demonic, none of it works. Agility beyond imagination, strength that would make a giant feel ashamed.”
“He is made to destroy the world you know I requires a bit of strength.”
“Only you have the slightest possibility of defeating him.”
“Ahh so the question is how do I kill him?”

“you have a gift which you have not yet fully used. Its powers are now at your disposal.””
“What? What powers?
Letlierstrasz smiled and said:
“I have now told you all that was on my list I’m afraid.
Believe me I’m not one for secrecy but my father, well, he loves it.
Let me tell you this though: your little device gave us quite the shock. “
Letlierstrasz was suddenly holding the runed stone Exen’tor had made in Stranglethorn when he shrunk the world.
“It was a crude device, to be blunt, but the idea is good.”
“To isolate time, for a while, by building a dome through which small or no time runs through… its rather brilliant.”
“There are however some nuances to your idea. You imagined time as a stream that runs in one direction, that it trickles like sand in an hourglass. But in truth time rages like a storm, untamed and chaotic.”
“You would do well to fix these glitches for this device will be a great asset to you.”
He handed Exen’tor the stones and then said with calm:
“Well my job is done here, you’re warning has been given and now only one knows how things will turn out. “
He began fading out, and the storm began in earnest.
Wait, what the hell? You can’t just go like this I need to know more about this.
But all that answered him was the howling wind.

Yet when letlierstrasz had completely disappeared and Exen’tor was left alone in the world of shifting sands, his voice rang out from the abyss of the storm: but do not fear for the light exists and one of its philosophies is: don’t let the world be destroyed.

Exen’tor opened his eyes and although it would be months until he himself would find out , he looked at the world with yellow gleam in his eyes.
most plans are critically flawed by their own logic.a failure at any step will ruin everything after it.