42nd chapter

The Aspects of sisters

(mizra vs. sira'dreth)

They clashed.
Not so far away a thunder rolled violently against the darkened sky.
Sira’dreth felt the explosion of fire and ice ripple through her ready totear her apart if she relented.
Mizra flew away and threw an icebolt straight at her.
It moved so fast Sira’dreth didn’t manage to evade it in time. It went through her right shoulder leaving a large gap.
Sira’dreth gasped and nearly fell down. She felt the hole that had sjust been inflicted on her body but also felt how her body reacted to it, slowly regenerating, the lava flowing in the hole and making it whole once again.
She touched her shoulder, poked the place where the hole had been, and content she smiled back at Mizra.
Mizra’s eyes gleamed with anger and she drew her ands together and said forcefully: “WINTERS FURY!”
Hundreds, no, thousands of ice bolt came to being around her.
Mizra smiled as she sent the first ten against Sira’dreth.
Sira’dreth sighed,: shit.
She formed fireballs against the icebolts. And she charged.
Fire hit ice and created a funnel of magical summer and winter.
With the fury of blizzards behind her Mizra charged against her, uttering the words: frozen blades, creating her trademark blades from her hands.
And again they clashed under heavy fire from each others spells.
Mizra cut, and Sira’dreth pounded.
All around them, fireballs were hitting icebolts all controlled by Mizra and Sira’dreth.
And there up in the air they fought with fury of their elements.
A kick followed a cut. A slash followed a missed punch.
With their magic fighting it out all around them, with fireballs negating frostbolts,
With the awed and endangered onlookers they both knew, Mizra was winning.
Mizra had always practiced to enchange her close combat with magic.
And Sira’dreth had already seen that punches did nothing to the iron hard ice shield that surrounded Mizra.
She’d have to do something fast.
She looked to find a weakness, a window to broaden the distance.
She kicked Mizra left hand and used the momentum to punch her straight in the face.
Mizra reacted, dodged downwards.
There! Now was the time.
She cast a fire blast at Mizra, rose above her and sent a fireball even hotter than ever before right at her head, and kept on throwing more and more at an incredible rate.
Mizra got caught by the onslaught and fell screaming down into the sea, a fireball herself.
And for a moment it looked as if it was over.
The sea was raging and relentless. Thunder struck in the sky and rain started slowly falling. And for a moment it was as if the whole affair was over, packed nicely in Mizra falling once again slowly into the sea.
And yet Sira’dreth took a deep breath and screamed over the thunders and the rain:
“I’M SORRY!”
The sea did not relent and continued on raging around.
I’m sorry Mizra Sira’dreth said, true repent in her voice.
I didn’t believe we could ever be together again, not after what happened.
But we can. And I am willing to go as far it takes to make it come true.
Underneath, the sea was rapidly growing ice blue, spreading out in all directions.
Mizra? Sira’dreth asked the wind as the sea was lit by the ice blue light all around.
I’m sorry! I was not myself. I cannot make my actions go away, but I can repent for them.
A great noise came from beneath the sea, and something began to form underneath the waves.
“MIZRA? I’M SORRY!”

Thunder rolled once again.
And with power gleaming from her eyes as beacons of life Mizra rose from the sea with her outstretched hands on top of a rising iceberg.
And all around her the sea became ice and rose up as mountains or terrible trees of frost.
The ice changed, formed and broke apart under her whim.
She chanted something incomprehensible as she rose higher and higher, the ice formations following suit
Mizra created a land ice and frost out there in the ocean, and with her ice blue eyes she smiled at the impossibility of her power.

And then she was the same height as Sira’dreth.
“You’re sorry?” She said molding ice in her hands.
“That’s hardly gonna be enough.”

Sira’dreth sighed; she knew how this would go. They would battle it all out in an epic battle with fire and ice until one of them, survived and the other didn’t.
But she wasn’t going to let that happen, they were both getting through this.

Mizra charged once again but this time the land came with her.
The ice stabbed and slashed Sira’dreth from all directions, but she didn’t care, she’d noticed earlier on that if she was in this form she could not be harmed in this way.
Mizra had also noticed this, gone were the blades and instead she appear to be trying to slap her with an open palm.
Sira’dreth didn’t know what to make of this attack until Mizra finally got a hold of her left hand.
“Touch of frost” ,Mizra uttered through her clenched lips.
Sira’dreth felt that part of her arm become numb.
She ripped her loose , kicked Mizra in the stomach and jumped away.
She landed crouching and holding her arm. Mizra who had fallen by the kick stood up with a smile on her face.
Sira’dreth took a look at the arm where she’d been attacked.
It looked terrible the lava that once flowed peacefully throughout her body had gone still and dark.
Heat was slowly returning to the wound, but at a slow rate.
That was it. Sira’dreth had been playing by the rules for too long.
Fire lightened in her eyes. She reached out her right hand and with the lava of her own body she made a staff of glowing fire.
“You’ll pay for this sister”, Sira’dreth said hatefully.
“Let’s finish this Mizra” said nodding.
They charge once more at each other. But something was different this time Sira’dreth was quicker, stronger and more confident.
With the land beneath her she could perform tricks, skillful maneuvers, and combos, Mizra had never seen before.
But Mizra was not losing though, in her frenzy Sira’dreth had become careless, something that Mizra used to its fullest.
A minute into this ferocious final combat they’d both got heavy wounds, the black spots on Sira’dreth had increased quite in numbers but Mizra’s armor had also mostly broken away.
Her right eye was so swollen it was mostly useless and she had a feeling more than a few ribs were broken.
Finally Sira’dreth kicked her in the stomach with such power she flew twenty meters to be grabbed by one of her ice columns

She coughed up blood and tried not think about the organs which had no doubt been ruined by the attack.
She looked up and saw Sira’dreth standing there with her staff aflame, a thunder striking behind her.
Sira’dreth yelled at her: this is it mizra. This is how it ends. One last fight. And then I am forgiven.
Mizra stood up, her hair catching on ice blue fire.
You’re right, I wont do this thing anymore. It’s time.
Mizra straightened out her right hand and said , with concentration: “near-full-frost.”
She felt a pain striking her head, the one that said her she didn’t have enough power to finish this.
She staggered, and then said concentrating.
“Five symbols of power.”
Sira’dreth felt the sting too and began her own lines.
“He’ll conquer the world of your fallen soul”
they both felt the power run through them
and hey both conjured concentrated essence of their aspect.
“Five symbols of fall “
“Five symbols of magic “
“discover the fate of the fallen god”
“to conquer the worlds of all that might be whole””
their orbs became brighter and bigger as the fished their spells.
Sira’dreth began charging with the orb in front of her.
Mizra didn’t charge, she made the ice land around them charge with her.
And together they shouted in unsion.
“AND THE MEANING OF IT ALL”
“TO FIND OUT THE TRUTH AND THE MEANING OF IT ALL”
Sira’dreth jumped to meet Mizra and her charging ice.
The both attacked, the elements met.
They clashed.
And around them thunders stroke down with ferocity dwarfed by the power that was unleashed in this final attack.
And she knew she’d lost.
most plans are critically flawed by their own logic.a failure at any step will ruin everything after it.