38th chapter

debts

The interior of the tavern looked, to put it bluntly, like the aftermath of a war, fought with chairs, bottles and gnomes.
Wherever you looked were men , some half naked and some hanging upside down from the ceiling. Amongst the splinters that was once a table, bottles that were once whole before they were smashed against some unlucky saps head, was captain luffy depp, drooling happily amongst his men.
Exen’tors head felt like a thousand knights had made their kingdoms in his head and were now waging war for what was left of his consciousness.
So far he was losing.
There were two distinctive holes in the walls, one in the shape of a genuine hole and the other in the clear shape of a tauren running out with his hands held wide open.
Normally exen’tor would have raised an eyebrow but this time he found a seat in one piece and asked the bargoblin: “water please.”
The bargoblin didn’t answer, asleep from the alcohol he had imbibed with the patrons in the night before.
Exen’tor sighed, spotted a mug, grabbed it spilled whatever brownish content still remained, went behind the counter found the water barrel and slammed the mug on the bartable.
“Ow” he said as the sound of a slamming mug caused a catapult to be thrown at his consciousness castle.
He waved his hands around the mug and channeled a spell he and his friends had made in the university in dalaran.
Mesfer jumped on the table and started drinking what was left from the half emptied mugs.
“You know these things aren’t half bad.”
Exen’tor said nothing, looked around found a broken piece of glass and grabbed mesfers hand.
Mesfer looked confused and said. “Look we’ve been over this, you’ve already stabbed me a dozen time.”
Exen’tor tugged his hand over the mug and said: “I just need a drop of your blood remember like in Northrend.”
“Oh yeah, its been a while hasn’t it? Man those dwarfes knew how to drink.”
“Yeah” Exen’tor agreed,and cut a small cut into the imps hand, “they really knew how to use a tankard of ale.”
“Remember when we were attacked in the middle of a drinking contest and no one was ready to give up so they all took a tankard each and were drinking while bashing the ghouls?”
Exen’tor chugging down the distorted liquid, laughed at the memory of fifty dwarfs rushing towards the ghouls while drinking the ale, bashing the undead on the head with the tankards and running back to camp to get a new one.
“Yeah that was incredible” he said smiling at the memory.
Exen’tor bent down to mesfers face and asked in hush tones.
“So which one is it?”
Mesfer looked around and then answered: “can’t pinpoint him but he’s definitely disguised as a forsaken, he’s disguised his aura but its still there, lingering.”
“What is it with that bastard” Exen’tor said while drinking what was left of his hangover remedy”, I mean we just got rid of him little over a week ago and yet here he is.”
“Damned undead “Mesfer agreed, “I wonder why he hasn’t stepped forward and announced himself as “the great and magnificent “sworddevil”.
“I don’t know why but I know one thing, I sure as hell aint gonna wait for him to ….”
He noticed a crumbled up note on the table with something scribbled on it.
He picked it up and took a look on the numbers scribbled there.
39 tankards of ale 40 gold
249 mugs of mead 34 gld
150 chicken legs 14 gold
126 bottles of rum 31 gold
damages 121 gold
all in all 240 gold
bleeder some elf, ex something.

A sudden chill zapped through Exen’tors spine.240? 240 gold? Two bloody hundred pieces of blasted smoldering gold?
He would not stand for this, he would not let this come to pass, this..this ,this was bloody unacceptable. He would act oh yes he would act he would…. Object! Yes he would deny and deny harshly . He would write a letter, a harsh letter oh they would never see it coming.already were the first words forming in his mind, “dear mister money shark it would appear you intend to eat my money with your ridiculous prices….”
He looked around and decided he was not going to pay for this, in order to get away from this debt he’d have to run.
Somewhere far away, a desert would be nice.
Still hungover the offer the pirates had given him and he’d accepted to get them off his back suddenly turned real tempting.
What ever happened he was not going to pay two hundred and forty gold for some saggy bit of ale. And rum. And some chicken, and a hole or two in the wall. Completely overpriced he said to himself as he walked to Luffy, with Mesfer on his shoulders.
Everything was better than debts, even traveling with pirates.
He nicked captain depps shoulder, “hey captain!”
No response.
He shook him a little and said pretty loudly: “captain we’re under attack!”
Captain luffy mumbled something;” jez take their heads off, tha oughta stop’em.”
Exen’tor looked helplessly around,” look captain a defenseless merchant ship, loaded with gold!”
The good captain yelled half asleep, “all right mates ye heard tha man , let git’em.”
“Aye” the crew yelled back half asleep too.
But they didn’t move and luffy began to snore violently.
Exen’tor scratched his head:” what could be better for pirates than a defenseless shipfull of gold?”
Then it hit him.
He ran back into the room and shook sira’dreth: “wake up and get dressed we’re leaving bloody well now.”
He then looked around for Mizra, finding her frozen stuck to the roof.
“What in the light are you doing there?” He asked.
“Frankly I don’t know “she said embarrassed, “ I’ll be down in a minute.”
“All right . lets get ready.”
“What’ya gonna do?” Mesfer asked.
“I’m using the ace,” he said,” if this won’t work we might as well share the bill.”
“What bill” ,sira’dreth asked sleepily, “ you’re not doing this just to..”
Shush now he said, breathed in and shouted at the top of his voice: “NIGHTELFS! FEMALE NIGHTELF DRUIDS AT THE DOCKS!”
Within a second the entire crew was up and running about, yelling and arguing.
“Ah’ve heard that they don’ wear anythin’ undar tha leaves.”
Ahh nonsense I ehar they don’ wear anything at all, too busy thinking about nature.
Aye I’ll explain tell them about my nature all right.
I CALL DIBS ON THA LONGHAIRED ONE
OI NO FAIR HA ALREADY CALLED DIBS
Losin’ up fellas we all now ah’m gona git em all.
Shaddap bloody gnome.
Mizra fell down when the pirates had mostly gone out”. What she asked was that about? What do think they’ll do when they find the dock pretty void of nigh elves?”
“I have full confidence in my diplomacy skills, “Exen’tor said as he pushed them out of the tavern, “besides Ankthar is their mate now isn’t he? it should be allright. Speaking of which where is he?”
“Must have gone with the flood to see the nightelves “Sira’dreth said yawning.
“Men” mizra spat and rolled her eyes as they left the broken tavern.

There are things older than most can imagine in this world.
It lies with the fact that the mortal races do not own Azeroth, they inherited it.
The titans didn’t even make the world. They shaped it. How azeroth came to pass and how the old gods came to be is unknown to all.
There is one thing known though, Azeroth is different than other worlds.
So different in fact that the titans left a bit of their own powers in the five aspects most know as dragons.
Such a blessing is practically unheard of in all the multiverse.

But none but the titans know this: there is a sixth aspect.
The sixth Dragonflight, blessed by sargeras the betrayer.
And they still are there, in the same place where they were left awaiting their last and only mission.
The only warning we had burned away with the library of dalaran, one piece of a puzzle no one ever figured out.
Few charred intelligible words that are now scattered on the winds.

…and so shall none remember, the final flight of the sixth.
most plans are critically flawed by their own logic.a failure at any step will ruin everything after it.