enjoy

30th chapter

What you have to understand is that after i howled out arthas’s name I remember close to nothing.
Blood, carnage and endless battle, that’s about it.
I hardly even remember the fight with Arthas itself.
Not much of a fight though. I can explain it in short by saying that he beat me and he beat me well. My powers were far away from being enough in this case.
So I ran. I don’t remember how it came to be that I escaped from arthas, In my mind I see a roomful of abominations and then nothing.
What I do remember is this.
I met a group of people of many races at the entrance, probably using the commotion I had
In my blind rage I saw them as undead.
They saw me and ran away except one. He stayed on the middle of the hallway.
The others came to carry him away but he paid no heed to them and pushed them away, he seemed to be saying something to me.
I simply ran through them, spun and killed everyone around him, picked the dwarf up, squeezed all life out of him and threw him to the nearest wall like some kind of trash.
Something snapped inside of me and I looked back at the mangled body.
When I saw the face of the person I had just killed, I forced Mesfer out of my body.
It was Magnir, my long lost friend. Mutilated and brutally killed by my own hand.
That night I made it clear to Mesfer that I would never succumb to that kind of power again.
And to make a long story short I went back inside the fortress, stole the required reagents and made myself a portal to the Plaquelands to rescue Mizra.
And that in essence is why I’m always so gloomy. Its only been a few months since it happened.
Sira’dreth was silent for a moment. She then looked at Exen’tor and smiled a genuine smile.
„But then again it has been months since it happened and now you are helping your friends and just rid the world of one of the greatest evil ever known.“
Exen’tor pondered this for a moment, „perhabs, but I will never forget what happened.“
„No one’s saying anything about that, but maybe its time to show us the Exen’tor we used to know?“
„Maybe it is but right now all I’d really want is somewhere nice and dry to sleep.“
As a response Sira’dreth floated up above the tree line and looked around and then floated down.
„When in the blistering nether did you learn to do that?“ Exen’tor asked flabbergasted
„Dunno“, she admitted, „since the temple incident I guess, there are mountains about an hour that way , maybe there is some kind of cave in there.
Right“ exen’tor said, „then lets not tarry. My feet feel like they’ve been standing on gnomes for a fortnight.“
„Hey gnomes are all that bad“, she said feigning being hurt.
„Oh I’m sure you would know that quite intimately.“
„Hey “she said irritated, „what exactly did that gnome bastard tell you?“
„Absolutely nothing about you and him being extremely close physically“.
„Ah thank the.. wait what?“
„Was that supposed to be a secret?“
for a moment her head seemed to enlarge by rage and actually steamed and began raving manically: „I will cook the marrow in his bone and then burn him slowly until he dies silently for he will have no lungs to scream with and then I will use my powers to…“
„Relax don’t worry we won’t think the worse of you“ exen’tor said calming and then asked teasingly: „now here’s the thing me and Ankthar were considering, how exactly did you two do it? Can you draw me picture or something? The biological difference alone is enough to ….“
„SHUT UP!“

What happened however was a bit different. Exen’tor did attack Arthas and Arthas did overpower him. But as he was about to run away he found something at his back was screaming something intelligible. Figuring it was a ghoul Exen’tor picked the creature up and beat Arthas with him.
Stunned by the gruesome attacks ,Arthas for the first time for a long while didn’t know what to do.
Arthas drew some for his magic and pushed Exen’tor to the nearest wall. The wall broke down upon him but Exen’tor hardly noticed. he was going to clash once more with the dread king but Arthas picked up the mangled body Exen’tor had used to attack him with and showed him.
It was Magnir. And at that moment Exen’tor was filled with such horror he hardly hear d the words Arthas uttered as he threw the remains of Magnir to an icy lake next to him.
„Go now poor elf , fulfill your quest I’ll be waiting at the end.“
Exen’tor stole some reagents and portaled himself home.
He will forever wake up with sweat on his brow and a silent scream on lips as he sse the body of magnir as soon as he closes his eyes.

One night the man clad in shadows appeared before him once again.
He only said one thing until he was hidden once more by the shadows.
„ The sands have begun to fall young one and now there seems to be no more time.
You have denied my wish. Thrown away my gift.
And now all I have is a broken trust.“

Normally Mizra hated forests. Not by any conventional means as if she didn’t like them or hated walking on leaves and broken twigs.
She in every sense of the word hated forests and would have loved to see them burn down during her time In the homelands.
But during the last years she’d found her distaste for forests waning to the point where she even enjoyed the sound of birds chirping the life of each other and squirrels fighting for their brutal life against a bloodnosed fox.
And now in a jungle where she could hear a panther gorge himself on a gorilla, still alive and breathing she felt for the first time for a long while alive.
There was something about how they hurried through the forest and witnessed life in its Excellency that revitalized her.
Ankthar however…. Was a bit less affected by the beauty of the cycles of life.
„Didja hear tha? Wasata tiger? Why tha hell mus we run through tha bloody ‘ungle?
Mizra listen ta me will ya.“

But she didn’t hear him. She chose not to.
For some reason she was in her prime in this environment, so full of life.
She took hold of a tree and launched her self high up in the air, and grapped the next tree when it came. The kobold rogues were having a tough time keeping up, not to mention Ankthar.
Then she took hold and launched her self higher than she had ever done before.
She went above the trees and saw the entire jungle in all its magnificence.
Then as if nothing was more natural two wings of ice sprung from her back.
And she flew on the winds of the coming jungle night.
most plans are critically flawed by their own logic.a failure at any step will ruin everything after it.