jæja enn einn kaflinn, ef einhver er að pæla í því hversu lengi þessi hluti eigi eftir að standa þá myndi ég segja frekar lengi.
þriðj hluti er lengstur af þeim fimm sem ég hef planað.
Og það er helst útaf svona hlutum, flashback og læti.
allavega enjoy

27th chapter

When I woke up after the blast, I didn’t feel anything.
All I could see was trees and stars. And snow. Snow everywhere.
I closed my eyes and when I opened them I felt something. Pain everywhere
My eyes were open but I couldn’t see a thing. All I could hear was: „ease’up noe boy. Ease up noe.“
I passed away from the pain.
I woke up, what they tell me was three days later.
I lay inside a tent made out of some kind of leather.
A fire was lit beside me and warmed the entire tent.
A dwarf sat snoring beside me.
I wanted to ask him for some water, but I was too weak so all I could do was to stare at my dull surroundings.
Finally the dwarf woke up yawned and noticed me.
Instead of lending a helping hand he instead jumped up and ran yelling out of the tent.
A few minutes passed an I could hear the ruckus outside. A hundred dwarfs talking excitedly to each other isn’t exactly a low noise.
Finally after a few minutes of wait a dwarf rugged and unwashed walked in.
I could see that the sun was low on the sky and assumed that he was simply just awake.
That wasn’t the deal however, he was always like this. He like most of the camp had no sense of hygiene but he was probably the worst of them.
His beard was tattered and burned , his hair wild with dry blood over it and his bloodstained armor probably had never seen a day without use.
His nose was broken in at least three different ways.
But his eyes, his eyes were like two stars torn from the sky and burned there in his face like beacons of hope.
The only problem was that they didn’t work. He was blind, but had learned to use all his other senses to overcome that obstacle.
But still a blind dwarf is a blind dwarf and his uses in combat weren’t many.
But at that time all I saw was a blind and bloody dwarf stumbling towards me.

He sat down beside me, wielding his axe in front of him.
„I’m magnir “he began.
„They calling ye ,maghnoutor, boy, falling star.
They say ye fell down from tha sky, enca’ed in some kind’a golden sand.
They say ye was still talking when they brought ye in.
Somethin abou’a portal ah’ tha’ someone intarfered.
Do ye remember somethin?“
At that time I could only shake my head for I could not remember a thing.
I muttered so silently I was afraid not even a bat would hear me for water.
He smiled and yelled for water.
He raised me up and gave me water. I swallowed the whole bucket he brought me and asked for more.
When he had given me water and food he stood up and said to the ceiling.
„Yer comin’ ha stirred ma’y tha young hart here boy,some say w shald kill ye some say yer a message from tha light.“
He looked at me, or at least near me with those white eyes and asked in all sincerety:
„So wha’ re ye boy?“
„ Time “I said, „I need time.“

Four days later I finally woke up with enough strength to stand up. Yet magnir had to support me everywhere I went.
The camp was small, only numbered few more than a hundred.
The camp was mostly made out of skin tents placed in curved lines.
They made a crescent moon, that faced the wilderness of the north on the inward side.
To the back there was the sea and a small port. the camp was surrounded by a wall, made out of timber except on the edges where strong stone made the wall.
In the middle of the camp was a fort with the generals hovel in the middle.
And of course the majority of the weapons.
In the camp every single dwarf was armed to the teeth sometimes quite literally as group calling themselves the ironwolfs had some teeth with a metallic knife. How they ate was not the most pleasant sight in the world so I’ll spare you.
But on the thenth day since my coming, the leader of the camp came from an expedition.
Unfortunately he came back with about a hundred of his new found friends.
His scouting party had fallen to the hands of the undead. And they were always glad to welcome one more to their side.
Bells rang and dwarfs shouted guns were loaded and axes readied.
It happened so uncontrollably fast that Exen´tor couldn’t believe it was possible.
Within moments pikes were raised by the gates and guns hoisted.
The were ready.
The ghouls didn’t form up or plan any attack. They simply charged from the icy wastes on the walls of the camp.
Mot of them didn’t make it though.
Hidden beneath the snow were traps that sprung up as the ghouls mindlessly ran over them .Catapults shot flaming stones , ghouls falling into pits of pike, and hot iron nets were shot at the few nerubian captains leading the attack.
I don’t know how many the ghouls numbered but they were at least ten times the dwarfs.
But the first minute the made their number count at least two times.
When the first lines of the ghouls had fallen numerous times and they were mere meters away from the main gate, I saw the true reason why the dwarfs had never fallen, the Ironwolves.
Although some of the ironwolves were indeed armed in the teeth it was not their trademark. No their trademarks was a full plated armor with spikes growing everywhere.
Their armor was rusty and spotted with blood and dirt. Their helmet were thick and strong with a pointy horn a top.
The halberdiers moved aside and the Ironwolves walked out the main gate.
The ghouls wheezed because they couldn’t really scream and slowed down.
The ironwolves formed a line of sort and one stood in front.
He raised his right hand, and shouted: „IRONWOLFS! CHARGE!“
The dwarfs let out a cry of fury and shouted their clan’s name.
Then. Chaos. They lived in the chaos, they died in the chaos, they created the chaos.
I couldn’t see what they did there, I never truly did. The ironwolves were supposed to be madmen, a distraction, a living weapon that charge through any thing and everything. And as such they never talked much about what they did out there.
But their teeth were always bloody when they came back.
Always bloody.
After they charged in and the army of ghouls surrounded them, three clerics positioned themselves on both edges of the fort and on one the main gate, forming a triangle .they chanted there for a minute or so and then suddenly the sky broke.
Light from above shone to the ground and destroyed everything except the twenty ironwolves that stood there weary and injured.
According to what magnir told me this was fairly conventional.
One attack a day. With luck none of them died. Without it the camp fell. It was simple. Brutal but simple.
And on that moment I decided that although this was a feeble cause that I would die there on that plain, theirs was a worthy cause and since I couldn’t remember my own theirs was as good as any.
Actually better than most.
most plans are critically flawed by their own logic.a failure at any step will ruin everything after it.