25th chapter

herbalism and other controversies

In the jungle its not the heat that kills you. its the humidity.
The moisture in the air is so great that while Mizra was walking through the forest she was on the verge of summoning her blades and cut through it.

She didn’t because she knew it wasn’t possible, but it was tempting, by the frozen lands of Northrend it was tempting.
She looked around and knew that she wasn’t doing the worst though, whenecver she was hot she simply conjured pure ice around her and reveled in the joy as the ice melted around her body.
She formed an icecube and bit it, this green hell of stranglethorn was beyond her imagination. Everywhere she looked there was another impossibility, just like the road they were walking on, it was difficult enough to live out here, but to lay down a road and keep it clear, seemed impossible.

Then she suddenly felt a familiar smell, a smell she couldn’t ignore, and suddenly all thoughts about humidity and heat were gone and she broke formation and ran into the jungle shouting something about fadeleafs.
And then she was gone into the green wilderness of the vale.
Stunned as exen’tor and Ankthar were Sira’dreth didn’t seem to care, but simply walked on saying: „don’t worry she’ll be back.“
„What do you mean we have to go after her“ exen’tor retorted readying himself to let go of his bag.

Sira’dreth stopped and said:„ look she’s a herbalist you know how she is.“
Exen’tor tried to remember this kind of behavior in Mizra before but couldn’t remember anything except…
He gasped.
„Are you telling me the time when she rescued those fifteen people from the demon castle and burned down half of the stockade there was because of a flower?“

„A purple lotus if I recall correctly, don’t worry even if that flower is in the middle of a demonic capital the only one you need to worry about are the demons.“

Exen’tor began picking up his bags again.
„Well then all we need to do is to wait.“
„Wait? Ankthar asked, look even if we don’t have to worry about her getting ripped up we still have to worry about her getting lost in the jungle, those trees all look alike.“
Exen’tor and Sira’dreth looked at each other and knew that he was right.
Getting lost was a waste of time they couldn’t afford.
„You find her and bring her back Ankthar, we’ll keep on the road so you should be able to find us.“
„Wait a minute what how am I supposed to do that?“ Ankthar asked furiously.
„You’re a hunter, “exen’tor stated simply.
„Track’em.“

And with that they left the dazzled hunter and his pet in the wilderness.
Ankthar cursed, who was he to order him so simply to do something like that, tracking wasn’t some kind of an ability you just triggered and worked automatic.
It was an art.the movement of the body in coordination to the eyes and the nose.
The tracking of a man or an elf could take days or even weeks in a place so full with life.the smelling alone required…

Hvenfifar growled and bit lightly in the hand of Ankthar.
„What is it? I am contemplating on myincredibly hard assignment at hand.“
She growled once again and began walking towards the clearing Mizra had made when she‘d run into the forest.
„What?“ he asked impatiently.
She roared a little bit and began walking into the jungle.
Ankthar sighed an ran after her asking quite puzzled : „what do you mean by falling into a well?“

Mizra stood by an ogre corpse surrounded by what was left of the encampment of an ogre clan.
Mizra had hardly noticed them. She intented to get that fadeleaf.
„Gently now gently “she said to herself, concentrating as she dug from under the plant and took each and every leaf with its connected root.
Sweat pearled on her face as she thought to herself;:„ this is ridiculous, how would one fail to pick up a flower?“

As she picked up the first leaf she looked at it in amaze and wonder.
Never had she held such a fresh fadeleaf, picked from the jungle of the vale.
Ankthar jumped onto the scene and yelled „MIZRA!“
The sound made her jump and the leaf cracked in her hands.
As she looked at the leaf, crumpled and a bit frozen in her hand she thought: that’s how one fails to pick up a flower.
She bent down to the fadeleaf again , ignored Ankthar and continued to pick the plant up.

„Mizra“ Ankthar said worried as he looked around,„ are you okay? did you kill them all?“
„hmmm? “Mira hummed, looked around as if she was just noticing the ogres and said, „oh yes, that, yes i did,“ and then continued to concentrate on the flower.
Ankthar stunned as he was noticed a gold con glittering from under one of the ogre.
„How long will it take you to pick up that flower?“
Mizra sighed. „Its not a flower its fadeleaf. And it will take me at least an hour to harvest it.“
Ankthar sighed, picked up a coin and said to himself: „well can’t let this thing go to waste.“

An hour later Mizra stood up pleased with the bundle of plants in her backpack.
„Ankth…“ she began but was dumbfound when she saw him not only transformed but with a backpack twice the size of himself.
„ANKTHAR? What is that?“
„ahh jes’ sum loot.“
„What kind of loot takes that much space?“
„Mage’eave!“ Ankthar said proudly.
„Mage what?“
„Mage’eave, ye can sell it fer loadsa gold in ironforge“.
„Oh that’s right both the alliance and the horde use it on all their troops, where did you get this.“
„From tha ogerrs“
„What ?where did you find……“
Mizra then saw a drastic change in the appearance of the ogres. All their loincloths had been taken off.
She gagged and turned away from the camp.
„Remind me Ankthar to never join the alliance or the horde.“
„Ta late I’m afraid..“
She sighed and acknowledged that.

„Ye sure ye don’t wan’any of this stuff?“
„YES“ she yelled and nearly ran away from the encampment.
Ankthar had a wondering look for a while and then said:„ suit yer self“ and hoisted his backpack. Judging from the smell the trees and the sky they would not reach the road before nightfall, best make haste.
And with that in mind he ran after mizra.

Six eyes followed their movement.
The trap is set.
most plans are critically flawed by their own logic.a failure at any step will ruin everything after it.