Ég skrifaði þessa sögu fyrir rpgforums.com en þar sem það gengur ekkert að komast inná það ákvað ég að pósta þessu hérna. enjoy

The search

Chapter 1

Snow fell down like it had always done so in the mountains of the fallen high elven kingdom. Dead or dying trees dotted the landscape as a memory of a long forgotten land of green valleys and singing birds. A dying land seemed to be written in every falling leaf and rotting drumb.
Night had fallen two hours before and stars shone upon the snow making look like silver in the rare light of a clear sky. Suddenly and without any warning a shadowy figure tumbled down the top of the hill and stopped just as suddenly as it had began ,after rolling down two and half hundred meters. As the snow cleared, the outlines became clear and the face of a blood elf showed it self. His name was Exen´tor and was a warlock, with all the rage of that profession.

This blood elf was dressed in a black coat with red markings half glowing from various points of it. It wasn’t clear whether it served the purpose of magic or style, or if it was just plainly blood. After all he was a blood elf.
His flaming blood red eyes were focused down and forward, forward where an undead encampment lied in the bottom of the valley.
In that encampment 30 undead warriors were guarding one of Exen’tors kin.Not only his kin but also his friend. Exen´tor and this particular blood elf were once a part of
prince kael´s personal group of warlocks and mages, the „powers” ,later the „lost“. He and this band of warlocks and mages opened the gate to Outland for the rest of the blood elves to flee through. What happened after that, that is another story and the focus should be right now on Exen’tors thoughts.
He was forming a plan. He had to save one person from the camp while destroying the rest of it to prevent any pursuit. To that he needed a cunning, brave and strong assistant, or someone who had no choice but to do it. Exentor closed his eyes and a new star was born. It fell down to earth after 30 seconds of floating around in 2000 feet as if it was uncertain whether it wanted to go down or keep offending the laws of physics. After it fell down with a green explosion, a rather big imp rose from a hand sized green stone.

The mystery of this imp was one that no one could actually solve: When Illidan had taught a handful of warlocks how to summon Infernals, had Exen’tor only achieved in summoning an imp slightly bigger than an your ordinary imp. This had nothing to do with his abilities as Exen´tor was the most talented warlocks in the bloodelf ranks. He himself was sure that this was his curse as this imp he named Mesfer,means stupid, had no real skills and somehow prevented him from ever summoning an infernal. The imp himself had no idea of why and how this happened as he seemed to have been created by Exen’tor rather than being born on the demonic plane where warlocks usually sought their pets.

„Took you long enough“ said Exen’tor as angry as circumstances allowed.
„Well I don´t really like snow you see.“ said Mesfer with a drowsy voice of someone who wuld much rather like to be somewhere else.
„Who cares, that’s no reason to upset Gravity, you are on his blacklist since last time you remember? “
„Yes I of course I do, I died! “
„Yes you did and right now I need you to save mizra“
The imp whitened as if the temperature had dropped drastically. And in way it had.
„MIZRA“!?

Ten minutes later Mesfer was walking away from the channeling Exen´tor muttering something like: damn elf , going to get me killed again, if it wont be the undead it´ll be mizra and if it won´t be mizra he’ll kill me for the fun of it when I bring her to him.

Few minutes later he had arrived to the encampment and was nervously peeking into the tents. While he was doing so he began to think of the stupity of an undead encampment. They didn’t get cold they, didn’t get tired and they didn’t need any sleep. Why stop suddenly in the mountains only to be exposed to a crazy blood elf saving another and even crazier bloodelf.
He didn’t spend much time thinking about such things as he finally found the tent they were holding mizra.she was tied up to a tree, asleep or knocked out. At least her eyes were closed and around her floated five purple stones that were connected to her head with magical lines. Yet again Mesfer whitened even more and was now even whiter than the snow he was standing on. This granted him an embarrassing invisibility he used to its fullest. He ran towards Mizra, took her hand and did the fatal mistake to open his eyes while doing so.

The plan was rather simple in exen´tor’s mind. Mesfer was to sneak to the undead encampment with a kalens dagger of escape and teleport away. When he had landed Exen´tor was to close his channeling and release a massive rain of fire and scorch the undead encampment. Simple plan with three flaws. First Mesfer was coward. Second the dagger was only made to transport one at a time. Third Exen´tor had bought the dagger on retail.

Mesfer opened his eyes to see thirteen and a half faces staring at him. And as is always with the undead, they weren’t happy. Mesfer blinked at the same time the dagger blinked Mizra to Exen´tor that immediately released the channeling and utterly destroyed the tents under a wave of meteors. Including Mesfer that came again few seconds later, scorching from the sky. This time he didn’t hesitate.
„You killed me! Again! “
„I noticed. Damn retails“
„Ohh don’t give me that you bloody blood elf this is bloody enough I’ve had bloody enough,,,“
„Damnations to the third circle of hell! I can’t cure her! “.
„What?!“
The wound is more grievous than mine and my macics can’t heal it.
Well,, well maybe the paladins can. There should be some left in these mountains.
Humans’ damn well I don´t seem to have any other choice if I am to warn kael.
Come’on you pesky imp. We must hurry.

Snow kept on falling and burrowed the dying flames of the undead camp as Exen´tor and Mesfer began striding the mountains of Quel Thalas. Yet all „life“ didn´t seem to be out in the camp. Burrowed between the rubble of earth and burning tents a hand moved and one third of a face somehow grinned.

End of first chapter.
most plans are critically flawed by their own logic.a failure at any step will ruin everything after it.