Greetings!

For those who don’t know me, I used to play CS in Iceland a couple of years back.
But the internet company in the faroe´s decided that having good ping to Iceland was a bad idea. So I had to go play in the country of hatred and flame, called England…

But after some time I returned to say hello to some chums and friends of mine here in Iceland. After some sight seeing and trying some dominos which by the way is awsome!
I jumped online firstly trying a public server, even saw some guys that I know on there much <3
But after playing for half an hour or so, I noticed names popping up or should I say tags popping up.
Clan tags that I thought were 1. Either dead 2.inactive, so I tried to go on IRCnet slapped down some /whois and I saw some new names on there, which made me abit curious so I checked it out. There was Sharpwire which had a nice lineup best of luck to you boys, and I found Nova also, best of luck!
There were a few more but ill use those two as example for now, there were also some old names cuc, haste, celptitled and many more which had most of the same lineup as before, staying together as a team for a long period of time is a challenge so well done lads!

But then there is the “shocking” part of the story.
Aparently clans that died, a long time ago have some how resurected out of the dust, and by dust I mean new comers.
Do remember that some months / years ago CS players that created Counter-strike clans worked their asses off both by creating a good lineupp, establishing the clan, and getting the clan a good reputation both online and on Lan, today I see those same clans not doing as well as they should and may I add with a completely diffrent lineupp, I don´t get it to be quite honest..
A good maybe abit drastic but good example is (Remember the Drakes) Oh I do remember the Drakes and what they could do. I altso remember adios, diG, mta, Ice, seven, tSt, old NeF.
Why I remember them is because they created such an impact on the icelandic CS scene that they got a team spirit, you remember them for their actions. The spirit of the team lives on in our memories.
I can tell you what people will not remember, posers taking over a dead clan, and trying to do better than they did.
I can tell you this to every one who has tried reincarnating an old clan like Scorpion without Gollti, mEx and all the other guys playing back then will fail, same goes for tSt! Rikky, Primate, geniuz and the rest of the team, it will never get back to that level.
There are probably alot of others teams that have done the same, but as earlier I will only take a few as example, sorry if you feel offended.

I would suggest starting from scratch, making your own team with it´s own team spirit that people can remember in their own way.

Please do not take this as criticism it is merely a suggestion and I didn´t wanna wait until someone would wake up and see that the icelandic cs community is not the same as it was both national and international.

I do understand icelandic but actually writing this post in icelandic would be abit difficult, since I am not from here.

Seems I am done for now, feel free to share any ideas.

I wish you all the best of luck at kisidalur@Lan :) <3
Haters give me so much energy!