Sælir strákar(og stelpur vonandi), var að skoða unofficial d2 síðuna DiabloII.net, sem er að finna hér.

Rakst í eina grein þarna sem mér sjálfum fannst heilmikið vit í og vildi því deila henni með ykkur.

Bið ykkur um að lesa hana alla, og svara svo þarsem að þið mynduð ekki skilja baun í þessu þá ;).

Start:
Two years. That's how long I've waited for the new patch to come out. At first, back in 1.08, I thought 1.09 would make the game some sort of utopia; I was wrong. The 1.09 patch wrecked the game, almost to the point of destroying it. I believe that if Blizzard hadn't kept hacks in check, Diablo 2 wouldn't be played at all as I write this, except the few fanatics and nostalgics.

I had pretty much quit Diablo 2 over a year ago, giving away all but 1 account, on which rested my pride, a 1.05 Fire Sorceress who had handled everything that the game had previously thrown at her. So during the past year and a half, I just logged in every now and then to ensure her survival against the infamous “90 day monster”, who killed so many characters and ate so many items. Of course, during that time I tried to do many come backs, but I'd get bored out again within a week. Every log was more pathetic than the last: lamers, hackers, dupers and 12 years old kids ruining any kind of fun that the game once held. I did, however, make a longer comeback in the 2003 summer: I've always had a bad computer and an even worse internet connection, which made Hardcore play nearly impossible. But I had upgraded to a top-notch computer and cable connection back in spring, so I joined with the Amazon Basin, a group of gamers mostly dedicated to Hardcore gaming throughout the realms. The fun was short lived, nothing more than a few weeks, during which I had gotten two level 80 Paladins through Guardianship. One of them even soloed the Hell Ancients and Baal, with minimal twinking gear.

But the fun was again short lived. Yet a twist of fate came down upon us, Diablo 2 players, in the form of the beta for the 1.10 patch. I took a Necromancer up to Act 3 in Hell, with a party. I had to give up due to the fact that I had no Revives to help me. And due to the fact that the patch was very buggy. The effort was nice, but it was still lacking something. That something was challenge. I had always wanted hell to be nearly impossible, yet my untwinked Necromancer was pretty much soloing Hell, without using the skill his build was relying on. I put the patch aside, telling myself that maybe Blizzard would make it harder for the Battle.net release. I was wrong, as usual.

At 2pm on Tuesday, the day of the release of the patch, I made an Hardcore Necromancer named Zaroua, intending to blow my way through the game and on top of the ladder. Unfortunately, he perished in Hell Sewers due to my stupidity, at 4:40am on Thursday. I went down to fight after killing Andariel without any revives. A boss found his way through my dying skeletons, who were getting pounded on by the deadly Burning Dead Archers, ending my life with a mighty blow which dealt over 1500 damage, thus ending my life without leaving me any chance to use the 12 Full Rejuvination potions I held in my belt.

By that time, the top played on the ladder was level 81, which didn't even break my determination. After getting 4 hours of sleep, the Sorceress known as Vindi_Zaroua was born. By Saturday, at 5am, she was a level 83 Guardian. I had went through Hell, leading a very balanced party. We never struggled. All the situations were handled masterfully. I was ordering around 7 other players, and through my immense experience, we managed to breeze our way through all of Hell in about 5 hours. Duriel died in 10 seconds. Mephisto took 15. Diablo took 30. Ancients took 2 minutes. Baal took a minute. Nobody ever even got hurt, except the Barbarian who took some hefty poison damage when we went in the Ruined Temple, due to his lack of poison resistance. That's right, the Ancients didn't even hurt anyone in the team.

At 5pm, on Saturday, I started doing Hell Baal runs with all the top players on the USEast ladder. By 9pm, I had realised a few things.

1) No one in our team would ever die. The only danger we faced were the Burning Souls (Gloams) and the Undead Soul Killers (Dolls). And once Dolls were called out, everyone stood behind the minions of our 2 Necromancers and all of our mercenaries, who averaged 3500 life and 12,000 defense. As for handling Gloams, we'd make a new game if we'd encounter them in the Worldstone Keep and we'd go in if we'd meet them in the Throne of Destruction. The only things that could've stood a chance of killing us were our own stupidity or a trapped doorway to the Throne of Destruction, by Fanatism Dolls.

2) It was boring. So very freakin boring. Fire Immune? Yes: let the cold Sorceress kill it. No: Meteor it to death. Nothing else involved. Barbarians leeching, Necromancers making revives, throwing Lower Resistance around and the 3 Sorceress (all 3 of us were holding the top of the USEast ladder) killing everything. Find level 3, find throne, kill minions, kill Baal, hope that you'll be fast enough to grab something.

3) It was impossible to get items. The Barbarians weren't dealing any damage, but they weren't dying at all. And since nobody else dared to go up front, they had the chance to take all the drops for themselves. The 3 Barbarians that I was with were rather nice and shared, but what about the other Barbarians, the greedy ones. The Barbarians played by the lamers, hackers, dupers and 12 years old kids will take everything, sending the game back to it's pre-LoD days, where only Barbarians or the very quick Sorceress could hope of getting any loot.

4) It was too easy. That's right. Too damn freakin easy. Synergies ruined it. Big time. How do you stop a Sorceress, a Paladin, a Druid and a Necromancer? Sorceress with lvl 35 meteor dealing god knows how much damage with all the synergies maxed (over 30,000 damage on impact, I'm almost certain). Paladin with Conviction and Meditation, breaking away immunities and ensuring that the other 3 would never run out of mana. Druid with Oak Sage: everyone with nearly 200% bonus life, including minions and mercs. Necromancer with 15 something Skeletons Warriors/Mages and 30 revives, casting Lower Resist to help with immunities, Amplify Damage when him and the Paladin can't break the Immunities and Attract to make sure that the members of his team are always safe. There's no stopping that team, at all. And you can just keep adding. Why not put in a Paladin with Fanatism, another one with Concentration and 8000 damage Blessed Hammers, a Barbarian with Battle Orders and Shout and a <insert favorite character here>. No stopping that team. And even a much weaker team, character wise would still breeze through the game. Battle Orders and Oak Sage gave all of our party between 2500 life and 4500 life. That's right, 4500 life with maxed resistance, 50% physical resistance and 75% blocking.

So to sum up what I realised: Blizzard failed. The only ones who are struggling now are those who don't know how to play the game and the lamers, hackers, dupers and the damn 12 years old kids. The rest of us are back to good old power leveling against Baal.

Nice try Blizzard, but this Gamer says it's not enough. I thought that the patch would let me play in Hell, testing my skills to their limit every time I'd meet a monster. I was wrong, again.

Hvert er ykkar álit á þessu?

1) Er 1.10 í raun og veru of léttur?
2) Og er barbarian svona downpowered?

1) Já, mitt álit er að hann sé of léttur.
2) Ójá, hann er sko downpowered. Tökum dæmi.

Whirlwind Barbarian, lvl 92, USeast.
Valor, GF, SS, String, Arreats, Wartravs, Venomgrip, Highlord's wrath, 2 occy rings.
Besti barb sem ég hef verið með, skill og stats-lega séð.

Í 1.09, þá rokkaði þessi barb gjörsamlega allt. Tók Mephisto í hell á alveg 10 sekúndum.

Í 1.10, þá prufaði ég að taka meph run með honum og baal(sem hann tók létt í 1.09).. og ég átti bara í vandræðum með það.
(\_/)