Já, þetta er dagsatt. Rúv greindi frá því rétt í þessu og ég fann þetta hvergi nema á www.manutd.com og kemur þar eftirfarandi fram:

"Roy Keane to leave Old Trafford

Manchester United has today reached agreement with Roy Keane for Roy to leave the Club with immediate effect.

The agreement allows Roy to sign a long term deal with another club to enable him to secure his playing career beyond what would have been the end of his contract at United in the summer.

The Club has offered Roy a testimonial in recognition of his 12 ½ years at Old Trafford.

The Club thanks Roy for his major contribution to the Club during his years of service.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson said:

“Roy Keane has been a fantastic servant for Manchester United. The best midfield player in the world of his generation, he is already one of the great figures in our Club’s illustrious history. Roy has been central to the success of the Club in the last 12 ½ years and everyone at Old Trafford wishes him well in the rest of his career and beyond”

Chief Executive David Gill said:

“Roy has been a towering figure at the Club for over a decade. His dedication, talent and leadership have been qualities that have marked him out as one of the true greats. On behalf of everyone at the Club, we wish him every success in his future career.”

Roy Keane said:

“It has been a great honour and privilege for me to play for Manchester United for over 12 years. During my time at the Club I have been fortunate to play alongside some of the best players in the game and in front of the best supporters in the world. At all times I have endeavoured to do my best for the management and the team.

Whilst it is a sad day for me to leave such a great Club and Manager I believe that the time has now come for me to move on. After so many years, I will miss everyone at the Club.

I send my best wishes for the future to the management, players, staff and supporters of the Club.”"

Frétt endar. Ég hef aðeins eitt um þetta að segja: ANDSKOTINN!!!!
Lífið gengur út á að vera númer 1, ekki númer 2.