Turnarnir Tveir Fallnir. Meistari Dave Arneson er látinn.

Fréttatilkynningin:

"Arneson developed many of the fundamental ideas of role-playing: that each player controls just one hero, that heroes gain power through adventures and that personality is as important as combat prowess,“ the company Wizards of the Coast, which produces D&D, said in a statement.

The company noted that Blackmoor, a game Arneson had been developing before D&D, was the ”first-ever role-playing campaign and the prototype for all role-playing game campaigns since“.

”The biggest thing about my dad's world is he wanted people to have fun in life… I think we get distracted by the everyday things you have to do in life and we forget to enjoy life and have fun… But my dad never did. He just wanted people to have fun.“, said his daughter Malia.”

Eftir hetjulega baráttu við krabbamein undanfarin tvö ár kveður fantasíuheimurinn hinn frumkvöðulinn í spunaspilum. Dave Arneson er kannski best komin að þeim titli að hafa verið hinn upprunalegi DM. Gygax eigum við að þakka reglurnar og viðskiptavitið. Arneson var maðurinn sem átti fyrsta campaignið og spáði virkilega í spunahlutanum. Hann setti það sem mætti kalla sálina í spunaspil.

Þetta voru mennirnir sem höfðu þá hugmyndaauðgi og þor að treysta því að ímyndunarafl og yndi manna af góðum félagskap myndi taka spunaspilum fagnandi.

Hvíl í friði.

1d6 min þögn.