Ghost Story: The Old Ghost
For Super-natural storytelling in Contemporary Society.

One day I met this woman. She told me she were an Historian and that she collected Supernatural-ghost stories, for a book she was working at. Then she told me it was her intention to give it out one day. She kept on and explained that she had met this friend of mine. He had told her that I had some stories to tell and some experiences with ghosts. So I said Yes “why not!” to her request for the interview.
We sat down in a cafe and I told her the following ghost story:

Int.: Can you tell me your name, date of birth and where you come from?

John: My name is John Jensen, born 8th of September 1975; age 28, from Silkeborg Denmark

Int: So, can you tell me a ghost story? Do you have any ghost stories to tell?

John: Yes, I think I have one strange ghost story. You can interpret it a ghost story but it has something to do with myself. It happened in my past, maybe - three, four, even more often with out me remembering - three - four times; four or five times.
Well, I - entered bed and lay down, began to relax and go to sleep, and clearing my mind. I had this tendency to fall between sleep and awakening, and remember the things that happens there between; -and I'm going to tell you a short, brief story about this strange, strange experience in this state of - eh… being in between sleep and awakening. It's a, ah.. I'm falling asleep, I've cleared my mind and I'm falling down and my mind is getting sought into a sleep, but then it's like my awareness hangs up a bit, -and I feel everything in the, in the state of mind (experience) and, - I feel this suffocation! I feel this ehh… I sense this…this - someone is near me, like standing over me, and… It's a bit mixed between awareness and a dream, and I feel like it's an old woman that sits on my chest, and I feel like I am suffocating, I feel like there is a rock on my chest; and the first and the second, maybe the third time I experience this I didn't know exactly what was going on - I just thought it had something to do with that I hadn't had regular sleep the week earlier so… And… But then, the last dream - the last memory I recall, that I noticed this feeling of suffocation, then I saw this woman - she was terribly ugly and old, like she was a thousands years old, and she had this cold, eh… it was like cold from her. But I felt like dying! When she sat on me. And it was like I was stuck, but like lamed - there was no help - I couldn't move, like (my mind) stuck inside my body, and I felt like she was harming me, and because I saw in my last experience, I saw a person - I didn't see it on the outside but it's always between sleep and awakening, and in the environment -I was lying in bed -she sat on me like she was trying to suffocate me. But if she is a ghost or a dream or… I'm not sure. I'm not to tell. But later on I recall I read something, I talked to someone about the same experience, and this person had the same experience, and he told me there has been writings about an old woman visiting people, maybe not the same woman, but like, old woman- female spirit that is stuck, can't go to the light, and is stuck on the ghost level. But I haven't found the article or book yet [smile]- maybe one day I will find it, and get to know this old woman and make peace with her.

Int: What happened? When you saw her?

John: What happened? -I was trying to get out of the, out of the situation, but I was stuck, and suffocating, and hurt - it was like her energy was doing that. It was like she had this spell and, I mean she used force, some force, and not a good force. At least I didn't feel good about what she was doing. But ehh… Yeah, I mean ghosts, what are ghosts?

Int: But what happened? How did you get out of it? -You didn't suffocate…

John: No, I woke up. Very relieved but very shocked, and knew that I wasn't dreaming because before I went to sleep then I felt this closeness of a - I feel sometimes energy and I sense when something is around. But I haven't seen her in, in - on the outside. But maybe one day, -maybe she got some help and she went into the light, and is not suffocating people anymore! [Smile] Hopefully! I haven't noticed her for- it happened last time, I think last winter, last autumn maybe - the end of the summer 2002.
But, I went to a so-called psychic meeting, mediate, channelling. And I recall one, she is very Nordic, mythological, in her fortune telling, and, yeah, how she interprets what she sees. And the experience she talks about is this old woman following me. So… maybe I have a ghost following me. But- she hasn't harmed me in life, but there are these several cases when I go to sleep. But on the other hand I usually sense a lot when I'm relaxed, preparing for going to sleep; and I even sometimes experience some ghosts very near, when I'm lying in bed. And for example I don't dare to lie on my back when I fall asleep because then there is a risk that I suffocate [smile].

Int: Ok, thank you!

John: Thank you, you are welcome!