saga sem ég gerði núna í vetur í ensku í 9. bekk. áttum að skrifa smásögu með þemað “a lucky break”.
fæ alveg geðveikislegan kjánahroll þegar ég les þetta núna en það var gaman að skrifa hana, kannski ekki jafn gaman að lesa hana.
set hana bara hér að gamni, vonandi kemur þetta ekki út sem eitthvað wall of text. :)

The Troll and the Mouse

Once upon a time, there was a troll.

He had no home and had been wandering alone in the dark wilderness for over eighty years.
He did not even have a name, or maybe he had and simply did not remember it, for there was no one to remind him.

His family had left him when he was only sixty years old*, which was a very common age for trolls to leave home and live on their own.
But our troll was very different from other trolls: He was terribly slow, but good-natured and kind unlike the average troll who was usually cold-hearted and cared only about itself and possibly its partner.

He grew very attached to his mother and father which could not handle his adoration and were afraid that he would never leave them, so that they would have to take care of him for eternity, which they simply could not do – they already had three other young trolls to care for.

They did not know what to do and finally decided to ask the family’s matriarch, who was old and wise, for help.

She handed the male troll an old map and said “X marks the spot, taketh thy son there and keep him under the delusion that thee are hunting.
At midnight on the third day, make sure that he is asleep and then thou shalt carry him carefully to a mere that is close by.
When thou get to the mere, lay your son on the giant leaf of a water lily that lies by the waterside and push the leaf into the water, then leave quickly but quietly. This mere is of great magic and will make thee son forget all things from his life, thence he will not come and look for his home again”.

The male and the female troll obeyed and they never saw their son again after that.

Our troll was very much harmless to humans and fed only on mice at nighttime but rumours about a dangerous creature in the east had been spreading quickly around nearby villages ever since the troll had killed a sheep from an old farm right outside a small village called Maison – he had been starving for weeks and was forced to approach the inhabited area.

Soon this rumour about a dangerous creature who ate sheep changed into a rumour about a dangerous creature who ate men.
Humans are very gullible and soon stories about this gruesome fiend became all known around the land.
He was feared by all and because of that he was known as Phobos.
Of course, ‘Phobos’ did not know about these stories since he hadn’t had any spoken interaction with a living being since he was left by his father at the pond.

He should not even have been able to speak since he had no one to speak to, but the pond he was left at as a child had given him abilities, talents that the average troll couldn’t even dream of - talents he was yet to discover.
Lately, Phobos had noticed that mice and other animals he usually fed on had moved farther up north, it seemed as if they were going at the direction of the ancient forest Silva which was beautiful but deadly – the brave ones who dared to enter the forest never returned.

But since he did not talk to anyone, he did not know that. Something inside him told him that the forest was dangerous and should be avoided at all cost, but he was starving and had not eaten for days so he decided to turn off that little voice in his head and headed for the forest.

Two weeks later, on a beautiful spring night, Phobos finally approached the forest.
Even though it was bright and beautiful outside, darkness emerged from the forest which looked very tall and frightening and gave him the chills.

Phobos was getting closer to the forest entrance when he heard a rustling coming from the grass below him.
He looked down, and to his surprise he saw a small mouse sitting on the ground, it was staring straight up at him and looking terrified.
Just as Phobos picked the mouse up, it squaked: “Leave me alone, you beslubbering flap-mouthed bugbear!”.

Phobos didn’t really have any interest in eating the mouse, it seemed amusing and frankly, he thought mice tasted bad – but it was the only food he had ever known and he was starving.
“Give me good reason why I should not eat you and I will let you go”, Phobos asked the mouse hopefully.

“There is lots and lots of other foods besides mice! Fish, honey, wild berries… I will even help you find some and then you can join me on my adventures, I’m going through the forest in search of an treasure that was hidden by a great wizard in the land of Adamo hundreds of years ago.
I need someone strong to protect me from evil and you need someone to help you find food.

Come with me brave troll, and if we succeed, we will divide the treasure in half!”
Phobos thought about it for a moment. A troll and a mouse? That didn’t seem very logical, but then again – he was lonley and hungry. Something inside him told him that this was something he had to do, he was simply not in the position to refuse. He accepted the mouse’s offer and with that, they strolled into the forest.

Little did he know, his luck had turned.

*Humans age more quickly than trolls in the same amount of time. Therefore, sixty troll years might be considered as six human years, thought it is not fully known.

Bætt við 28. maí 2009 - 17:02
æji, ég hefði átt að senda þetta inn sem grein.