Last night i dreamt. For the first time in what seems eons I dreamt about something pleasant. I dreamt about something, that when in retrospect, I feel sheer adrenaline flow through every crevasse of my body. The adrenaline is not the usual adrenaline that i feel when dreaming, for that adrenaline usually curses through me like a train of fear. Im not falling or burning alive a la Jean de Arc or getting crushed by some hideous brute, in this dream i´m drowning. This time the liquid water that surrounds me has been replaced by it´s solid counterpart, snow. Im floating in a cloud of infinitely white snow, the only thing i can see apart from it is the clear blue sky above me and the turqoise water shimmering in the sunlight. I can feel that under my feet are something heavy yet distinctly very light, something that im not used to, two planks, and in my hands i carry two long sharp sticks. I think to myself as I drown in the white colour, “where am I?” “what am I doing here?” and “how on earth (or heaven) did I get here?” As i start realizing that I am undertaking the one thing I truly love about my life I feel some more of that vitalizing adrenaline rush through my body. Whithin seconds I start making long precise turns, the type that you can only do on a perfect powder day, and my motion seems mechanic yet very fluid. My whole system starts to function like a well oiled machine as every movement starts to flash back into memory. My decent down the enormous hill that stretches out towards the bottom of a sun basked valley makes me think to myself, “Im probably, dead this isn´t a dream, but i´ve died and gone to heaven” . I feel the cool snow freeze my lower exposed chin, when i cruise through sheets upon sheets of the lightest snow, yet i feel the warmth of the sun heating my head. The contrast between the two extremes, hot and cold makes me feel comfertable, usually those extremes are accociated with unpleasant times when I lay sick on my couch feeling chilled as my head burns with a high fever, but not this time. This time everything around me is perfect and the sensation of beeing back on my two planks arrouses me into what can only be described as a powder ballet. With utter most precision and skill i slice the snow and feel it reward me with a light spray that reaches well above my head. Then without warning or alarm my dream world starts to colapse. The sun vanishes behind dark black clouds, the snow starts getting thick and moist and it starts to rain. The skis from under my feet dissapear and my poles seem to dissentegrate. I wake up in a pool of cold sweat which is the only thing reminisent to my dream from a few moments ago. I hear a voice tell me to get up and get ready for school, and as i start to rise from my icy grave i think to myself, “ Today it will start, the snow that brings me happiness will arrive…”

…bara því að veturinn er að koma (kominn) :):D