Öll gagnrýni vel þegin. :)

I’m standing in darkness. The feeling of uncontrolable emptiness and unavoidable doom is the emperor of the darkness. There is a large door in front of me. It opens and closes every five seconds. It closes and I count to five, I’m going out this time, no more anxiety over the other side. Is it anxiety? Maybe I’ve just grown fond of the emptiness. I start to move forward, the large door is scary but at the same time it’s what I long for, it’s my salvation.

I take three steps forward and the door opens, I hurry towards it, but it slams in front of me. I step back and wait for it to open again. It opens, but I can’t get through, the pressure pushes me back inside and the door closes again. I try again and when the door opens again I get a little bit further but the pressure pushes me back inside again. I’m stubborn, I decide to try again. The door opens again, but to my surprise it’s not empty anymore. There is something in the way. As I come closer I see the outlines of a person. I come closer and see the person more clearly, I don’t recognize the person.

The door slams back again. I count to five and sure enough the door opens again and the person is still standing there. I move closer and as I’m standing right before the door, the person grabs my hand and uses all it’s power to pull me in through the door, the door is closing, it slams on my back and the pressure releases and I get through.

We’re in free air. We float together in the air, hand in hand. We float together through the air filling our hearts with extacy, it's uncontrollable, we were in love long before we met. In the middle of the air I notice a bright green apple. I realize I haven’t eaten since I first fell into the darkness and a sudden feeling of starvation overwhelms me. I float towards it, grab it and take a bite. I turn as heavy as a stone and fall down from the air, dragging my partner down with me.

The fall is long and nerveracking, it seems to last for eternity. We close our eyes, only holding to each other for comfort. We fall into water, the blob is silenced by my scream. We sink to the bottom. We stop to look around. We are in a box full of water. We are drowning. We need a way out. We look around. We don’t see anything but the water, each other and the grey box surrounding us. We look again, desperate for anything that can save us from drowning in these dull surroundings.

My partner sees a slim tube nearly at the top. We need to get up. There’s no stream. We move smoothly through the water, with arms wrapped around each other so we don’t lose each other. We get to the tube. I put my arms and head into the it and crawl in, my partner following me. The water starts streaming out the same way and we get stuck in the stream. The tube widens and the stream starts speeding up. We have no control and we start to distance each other. The tube disappears and we're in a large river, floating down with the increasing stream. The stream carries us seperate ways and we have no way of getting together. My partner has disappeared from my eyesight. I am carried further down the stream before I hit a rock and lose conciousness.

I wake up in the darkness again, I'm alone, the person I love is far away, I can feel the emptiness grow inside me again, the emperor has captured me again and locked me up. I have to wait, wait again for another savior to come fill up my world, free me from this horrid place, help me fight the demons inside me that keep dragging me here. I can't wait. My time is short. I can feel the demons dragging me further down the darkness, away from the door, to the emperor.
The emperor is death and I have a meeting with him.
When we drive away in secret