Introduction

A man dressed in protective uniform opens the trapdoor to the addic. There he looks around for a while holding a flashlight and stumbles on a little book. He starts reading.

My name is Ray J. Heartwood, and this is my diary. It holds my story during the attack in August 13, 2026. I don’t know if anyone will ever find this book, but if you are reading this, know that these are probably the last words I will ever say. My companions, Lisa Stephenson and Pétur Jóhannsson, died so that I would survive. I am writing this so that their sacrifice will not go in vain. I want you, dear reader, to know what really happened. I will die here alone but my story shall live on.

They where Doctors in bio-genetic engineering and I was in Massachusetts Institute of Technology to document their research. We never meant for all this to happen. But it did. We tried to stop it but we couldn’t contain the beast we had set lose.

They called it The Elron-Virus. Based on the discoveries of Thomas Elron in the late 60’s. A virus that could create life in the bodies of dead. It regenerated tissue in vital organs but we could not have known what effect it would have on the brain. The virus mutated once inside the host and caused him to go mad. Pain, happiness and the general conscious mind was replaced with anger, fear and extreme brutality. The brain gave the body endless amounts of adrenalin and endorphins. I don’t know more of the internal structure for the documents where lost when the research facility was destroyed.

It was based in Iceland. A small country but beautiful. I felt lucky when I won the award for a school project to go to visit Genofirm. It was based in Helgustaðir, deep beneath the surface running deep into the quartz mines. The facility was old, from the time the British Army came there back in 1940. A lot of secret discoveries were made there, or so I’ve been told, until it became public and started producing medicine that helped the mankind. The one that made them famous was the cure for H.I.V back in 2012. The world looked at them as heroes. Until one week ago.

In the back of this book, you will find an SD disc containing my personal video diary.

As far as it goes.

—————————

Þetta er byrjun á sögu sem ég er að skrifa… Hvernig líkar huga?