Chapter 2:

A man is sitting in a comfortable chair by his desk, the room is dark and the only light comes from the moonshine and a small candle on the table. “This year will be interesting…” The man muttered into the dark. He was dressed in a black long coat, with black hair and small glasses on his noes.

A woman stands in the doorway of the room. “You keep telling me that, but why did you want me to come?” She asks carefully, monitoring the mans expressions. The woman had blond hair and brown eyes. She is very well grown, from top to bottom, and it didn't need an expert to tell that she worked out.

“I want to make you an offer. You know, I heard a rumor the other day that a man has found one of the treasures.” The man said crossing his feet.

“Yeah i heard that rumor also, but where do I come in?” The woman replies walking out of the doorway and slowly towards the desk. The man signaled her to sit down, and he served her a cup of tea.

“Well I have a reliable source that the treasure will be smuggled into the school. As you know, stopping something like that is impossible because of the number of people entering this school.” The man stood up and walked slowly to the window. “I hope you understand that I am in a tight spot here” he added.

“I do Nick, but what do you want me to do about it? ” she said getting a bit impatient.

“I want you to become a teacher at my school” Nick replied, joy was not something high in his mind at the moment.

“You want me to become a spy?” The woman asked surprised, it was not every day that her former teacher did something so desperate. She did not wait for an answer, “Which treasure is it?” She asked hasty. Nick pointed to a cup board close that was by the wall. The woman's expression changed, she went pale.

“Oh!” The woman shouted, “You can't be serious! There is no way this is going to end well!” The woman was beginning to shout her words without knowing it.

“This is why I need you so bad, for you are the only one fit for the job!” Nick continued to look out the window. Such a beautiful night, he thought to him self. Somehow, just fit for news like this.

A picture was hanging on the wall above the cup board. On it a symbol with some writing beneath it which said; mirkrid skal komme, the darkness will come.

————–

It took a little time, but after a few days Kaen began to take his joy again. He had spoken to his friends, but though especially his best friend Ryang. He and Kaen had been pals since Kaen moved to the village. Even though Kaen was a little different because he was raised in a big house and a lot of money, Ryang always seemed to stick by him. The times when Kaen tried to steal food and other important things, he always backed him up.
Kaen was really grateful for having Ryang around. Sarah was cool, but he couldn't tell her all his secrets and wants. Mostly because she was a girl.
Ryang was red haired, with blue eyes. He always wore black and dark blue clothes. Kaen never managed to get it out of him why, but he wondered if it had anything to do with the necklace Ryang wore around his neck.

One of the main reasons why Kaen and Ryang where such a good match was because they where both from families with a large history, and both of their parents were dead. Ryang never talked much about his parents, not any more than Kaen talked about his. It was their silent agreement not to mention their parents in any way. It was to painful for both of them.

Third of September was closing in and Kaen was beginning to pack his things into a little chest, which he would take with him to the School of Elements. Ryang was always with him those last weeks of his, being in the village. Sarah was also with them a lot too, so Kaen and Ryang didn't get much time to talk, but they where both okay with having Sarah around. She was funny, and pretty. What more could two young boys, in the middle of puberty want? Kaen didn't think about it much but he knew that Ryang liked Sarah. He could always see how Ryang used to stare at her in secret, but in the moment Ryang noticed either Sarah or Kaen watching him back he stopped. And the funny thing is that they always saw him. Kaen used to tease him about it, and every time, Ryang's cheeks became as red as his hair.

Kaen snapped out of his thinking, for he had been gazing at the sky for almost an hour now. He stood up from the moist morning grass, and walked towards the town. The sky was clear and the sun shining. At this time of year, it was like this most of the time. In Kull it was sunny most of the year. The Seasons are arranged like this; The spring is from Mars to June, Summer from June and into the middle of September, Fall from the middle of September to November and Winter from November to Mars. Spring and fall are always hot and sunny, even tho it is a little colder than over the summer.

The town was coming alive. The merchants where opening their shops and the farmers where beginning to water their crops. Like aways, Kaen thought to him self smiling as he stopped by at Logan's Armory. Logan was an old man, a little fat and his age starting to show on his face. Kaen had always admired him for he was Fire Elementalist. He had been one of the first graduates from The School of Elements, but he didn't have the will to continue up the ladder of success. He was born into a family of blacksmiths and he wanted to take over the legacy of his family. Thats why he came to Kull and became and armorer. That old man could have gotten far, even become a Fire Master if he hadn't quit. But his teachings in swordsmanship were passed down to Kaen. Logan was quite the swordsman and could wield a katana better than anyone Kaen knew. H walked into the house and a bell rang. “Is my sword ready?” Kaen shouted into the working section of the house. A lot of noise from hammer and steel slashing together came from that room. “Yes… I'll be right there” Logan said and the hammering stopped.

“This is some fine piece you got here…” The old man said and handed Kaen a katana wrapped in a beautiful cloth of red silk. “I would have liked to meat the creator of that sword” he added.

“I'm sorry Logan… I don't know who made it” Kaen said with a little bit of regret in his voice, it always happened when he talked about his family. “Don't worry… But if you ever meet the crafter of this sword you let me know” Logan said and walked behind a counter that was in one of the corners of his house. “That will be 300Y but for you, lets call it even at 200Y” The old man said smiling.

Kaen handed him the money, and shook his hand. “Thanks geezer” he said laughing, running out of the building.

Það gæti liðis svolýtill tíma þangað til næsti kafli kemur… Samræmdu prófin eru að byrja og svona :)

Takk fyrir!

-ZeroZabe