Tek fram, ekki saga eftir mig heldur vin minn. Hann er búinn að týna notendanafninu sínu svo hann fékk að senda hana inn á mínu nafni.

Chapter: 0
The fore story
The earliest memory of Heldar Teshn was of him lying on his back and looking up on a man he knew to be his father and he always remembered this single memory and he knew his father had loved him but when he was three years old the military came and drafted him along with all men of age in the city and therefore Heldar grew up with his mother who worked as a laundry lady just to be able to give them food on the table. Heldar turned out to be a smart boy and he used those wits to be able to help his mother with the laundry, but he was obviously more than just a normal boy he was clever and especially creative but he was shy and always had a problem with every living being in his environment. His mother was always working and the rare incidences that she was home early she slept and on those days it was up to him to prepare and pay for dinner he went to school like most kids but because he understood what was going on and always had his homework ready, all the kids despised him and once they went as far as to throw rocks at him and the teacher did not understand how serious it was and did not do anything more than scold the group but after school they tried to drown him in the fountain but then he fought back and badly injured seven kids and almost killed one with a log and he sent the rest of the class running by threatening to hit them to. When he came back to school the teacher took him and beaten him so badly that he could not move for a couple of days, he never went back to school after that he went working with the towns blacksmith and learned to blacksmithing. The Blacksmith was a elderly man with no kids and therefore he liked to have Heldar helping and learning because it seemed to be no limits to the boy's learning capabilities he studied every time he had a loose moment but instead of just learning it he tried to understand the basics of it and ending in experiments that took greatly on everyone’s nerves but the old blacksmith, liked it and thought it was just a good sign for his future abilities as a inventionist blacksmith. When Heldar was nearing his tenth year he started working fulltime in the smith and when he was not working, he was working on a private experiment or another, he was living a premier life until his mother decided to move to a bigger town to get more customers and Heldar was forced to come with her. They moved to the capital, to get what most customers and his mother intended to make Heldar stop this blacksmith studies and help her with the laundry. All he could do was to obey and he helped his mother for a year coming up a laundry business and they were finally starting to get some freedom when his mother hired a assistant to then Heldar quit and started working with the nearest blacksmith but he had a son and was not nearly as toleratable as the old one so Heldar was soon back on the street he was nearing his twelfth year and when he was starting to find jobs that paid off for him and his mothers business was going smoothly. One day Heldar's mother Laura Teshn came to him and told him that they were going on a holiday for a few weeks, he left with her and they took a ship and went on a cruise to the warm lands, on the ship Heldar finally over shook his shyness and befriended the captains daughter, they spent every moment together and in the end crossed the line which caused the captain to throw him and his mother off on the next harbor he lived on the bottom again and built himself a blacksmith and went into straight competition with the other blacksmith in town now his mother spent every moment waiting for her company to send money but after a few months she got a letter from her employees that said that the laundry business went broke a few weeks after she left, those news went badly in his mother who started drinking but Heldar upon gaining the age of fourteen was an excellent blacksmith and after his mother died he spent more and more time creating metal objects and honing his skill until getting so talented that he made a magical hammer by accident and shortly after that he got a letter that said: Heldar Teshn has been evaluated as a mage and will be given lectures by professor Tenwuh . Heldar closed down sold his tools to the other blacksmith and left for the lecturing

Chapter: 1
The Apprentice of magic

Firstly he went to the town’s mage for instructions on how to get to Tenwuh’s cabin then he figured he had to get to a cabin deep in the forest nearby.
He went there on foot and spent his time thinking about how life would be different as an apprentice of magic, when he woke up from his thoughts he was in the deep in the forest and he heard beautiful music he followed the sound and found a beautiful young woman sitting on a tree stump playing on her flute and birds flying around her in the little beam of sunlight, singing with her music suddenly he noticed himself walking out of the trees and going closer when he stopped, the lower end of the flute started getting red and suddenly firestones reached to him, he jumped backwards and stumbled at a root then the flames started dancing with the music around the girl who still had not noticed him and kept on playing her flute but when one of the flames caught his hand and burned it badly he let out a scream of pain and the girl fell out of concentration which turned the fires off and the birds left, it was the first time he saw the eyes of the most beautiful being he would ever see and they were blue and when he looked into them he saw the dept of ancient knowledge and instantly he forgot the pain from his badly burned hand. She came to him and asked him of name and errant. All he did was ask her if she was the angel that had come for him, she giggled but then she saw his hand and asked if he wouldn’t feel any pain from the newly burned hand then he remembered that he was wounded and all the pain came back he screamed from the searing pain and passed out. He woke up in a badly lit, small room with no windows and a candle on the bed table and he wondered how he got there and what had happened in the forest and then he saw his hand in a good condition except it was like after a sunburn it somehow triggered his memory and he remembered the girl and the flames. Suddenly someone knocked on the door and a familiar face looked in it was the girl from the forest she told him that she was just doing a checkup on his hand and serve him dinner if since he was up and probably hungry. Yes I’m very hungry thank you. Heldar replied and smiled for that he saw in her eyes, those deep blue eyes. Heldar asked her name and she told him that her name, the name that he would never forget Alme. She closed her eyes for a second and a plate appeared in front of her full of bread with butter and ham they ate and talked the whole evening the next days they studied together under instructions of Professor Tenwuh. They talked a few times in private but most of the time they were just studying or practicing spells. His hand recovered at great speed and he was able to cast spells on the same efficiency as her in a short time. The first Saturday they both had homework to finish but he had a lot more homework ‘cause Heldar had to work up all that she had been taught since the start of the semester he spent the whole Saturday studying but took a day off with Alme on Sunday and then they walked to their training spot and practiced attacking spells of many elements but in the afternoon they had lunch in the clearance they met first in and life seemed to smile at them. When his progresses in magic developed into the second level he lost all control over his powers and Alme started to be more and more distant as she developed faster than him she started to tease him with it and he started to have more of private walks in the forest and practicing spells but he knew that the only difference was that his specialty was not in conjuring or restoration magic he was though lot more powerful in black magic and necromancy but those skills he had to practice in hiding for that it was illegal to practice necromancy and black magic was more dangerous than any other spells ever known to humans. He spent a few days in the quiet library conjuring fireballs and casting lightning’s he found a way to create an invulnerable dummy to practice his spells on. Though he enjoyed learning black magic he knew that he would have to learn another spell types for future jobs. He thought he would go into mysticism or some other battle spells and go into freelance adventuring when he would grow up. But still he could not manage to handle anything but black magic. One bright afternoon he was practicing on his dummy and he was in a strong concentration that he did not notice Alme coming to him from his back, she saw when he took the honorable movements and as he took aim she wondered what he was doing. Then to her surprise he threw his hands forward and the dummy blew to pieces and then came back together and stood like nothing had happened. She was so scared that she took a few steps backwards but he noticed her and called her and asked her to come like nothing had happened. She walked to him and he saw great fear in her eyes and then she just smiled and said why you have not told us of about your abilities with fire. Heldar just stood there and he did not notice his jaw sink down for that he had never seen her so closely and her eyes had forgotten the fear and stared at him there in great awe but jealousy was not there witch made Heldar shiver for that it could mean that she had some mean plan in mind. Since he did not know her to ever do anything that could harm him on purpose but she did not know of the fact that this would be illegal. When they came to Tenwuhs hut he was standing in front mopping the porch, he looked up when he heard them come and Alme who was jumping and obviously extremely happy and looking forward to telling the old man the news. She told the mage her half of the story: “I was walking in the woods healing animals and gathering plants when I heard some sounds of destruction and when I came to the clearance she saw Heldar cast a powerful fireball at a training dummy which exploded and when she got closer he noticed her and then she came here to tell you why he has not shown any special abilities in almost any of our classes. Heldar. Tenwuh said: why did you hide those abilities from us? Heldar took himself a little time before he answered but he started when he noticed Alme was getting tired of waiting and he raised his head and looked his mentor and teacher in the eyes and said: Because it is not the only magic I have been studying necromancy as well and you would have found out if I would have told you of those specialties of mine. That is also why I have been training alone in the woods. Alme was walking slowly backwards and was almost in the trees when their mentor said Alme lets find out how strong he is and if he can beat me in a duel he can stay otherwise he will stay dead. Alme. Heldar said you should be prepared for revival and turning out a forest fire she was going to complain but then Tenwuh teleported them all to a place neither of them had ever seen but Heldar felt that this was a place many mages had fallen and his necromantic power gave him the second sight and he saw all the spirits and it gave him courage and he did like dueling rules told of and bowed to his enemy and waited for Tenwuh to bow. After that procedure the mentor shot a powerful flamethrower intending that the apprentice would get fried but Heldar countered it by elemental sing one of the spirits which took the burn and vanished to the afterlife, the spirit made great shrieks and vanished in a thick smoke now it was Heldars turn and he cast vast spirit tongues who hit the teacher and cut him in half the blood colored the arena and Heldar cast another spell that took the blood and made runes that exploded the old mage and renewed him a few times and ended with him dead on the floor. When the smoke from the spirit vanished Alme and Heldar saw the destruction he had made but their mentor was just lying there dead Alme ran to him and resurrected. The old mage said he would honor their deal but he would be forbidden to teach anyone any of the things I’m going to teach you in those classes and you must keep Alme from all books, homework and projects. He finally got progress in his studies but the more time he spent learning his magic he felt Alme become more distant and in the end he was starting to feel as she was avoiding him when they ate she stared aimlessly at him and when they met in the forest or in the halls she looked away and it was driving him nuts for that he always felt safe when he looked in her eyes and he felt denied but one day they met in the forest and he decided to have a talk with her: Alme why have you been avoiding me lately? He grabbed her arm and turned her and she twitched and he saw in her eyes that great fear that had possessed her since the duel. She had a strange smile on her face like she had just seen him for finally after a long time and said: Where are you I can’t see you, Tenwuh said that you were invisible because of the magic you have been developing so fast that it made you invisible to living people unless you would want to be seen. It is an ancient magic from necromancers to protect apprentices from white mages and paladins. He dropped his jaw and wondered why he had not noticed and figured it might be the fact that there was none else that could not see him except for her… and maybe Tenwuh thought he had always known when he was late so he must’ve had more powers than he wanted anyone to know of. That evening they talked for many hours and they did their best to avoid naming illegal magic in that beautiful moment and they still both went troubled to bed. Heldar woke up in the middle of the night like after a nightmare; he tried very hard trying to remember what he had dreamed about the harder he tried to remember the faster he forgot. Then it hit his head this terrible pain and agony. Then he decided to go have breakfast when he came out of his bedroom he saw Alme coming out of her bedroom looking startled and shocked. Heldar! She whispered in his ear: ”I had a bad dream why are you here?“ He didn't answer for sometime but after a while he answered I woke up from a bad dream too. She opened her mouth but then there was notice down stairs, he walked toward the railing and looked down he saw Tenwuh and a clocked hand him a package. The headmaster took it whispered to the messenger a few words and then he walked off in a direction of his bedroom. Shortly after lunch he walked out to the woods it was a beautiful Saturday morning and when he was walking in deep thinking he walked into Professor Tenwuh. ”Sorry…“ Heldar said. ”It's alright.“ Tenwuh replied: ”Can I trust you to protect a special artifact in your room?“ ”What artifact?“ Heldar asked. ”This orb said the old mage and took a black orb from his pocket.“ Wow Heldar gaspered. Put it in your pocket and hide it for me do not show it to anyone not even Alme! The old mage whispered. Heldar flushed mumbled something about it would not be that serious between them. “Heldar”. Tenwuh said: Can I trust you on this? Of course! Heldar said. He took the orb put it in his bag and started walking toward the tower. When he got in his room he took it up and stared in it for a short while trying to see what kind of power could be hidden in it…
The night after he could not feel any way of getting tired then he thought it might be something about the orb he used as a paper press making it there less attention drawing. After a while he started to feel as if there was some kind of a hidden energy coming from it. He decided to watch it for a moment concentrating on making an identification spell to manage to analyze the energy he felt coming from it which disturbed him greatly and he sensed some kind of teleportation spell. He was so determined on finding out its mystery that he did not notice that a small flame had started from his lamp, but when he caught smell from the smoke he used the nearest object to try to turn it out. Then everything around him spun in his eyes and all of a sudden he was standing in a valley covered with sunshine.

Chapter 2
The Wizards trial

As he stood there he found that the earth was shaking and when he looked to his left he saw an army of monsters wearing heavy armor and carrying gruesome weapons amongst the war banners under a fast drum beat as well as catapults in the back, then he heard a horn blown on the other side of the valley and there a massive formation of human warriors massed under a flag he did not recognize to be any nation's flag but he figured he was in the middle of the battlefield and therefore he ran towards the human camp where he was not let through and when he asked to get through he was just handed a sword. Then he figured he would have to fight to get back to Alme. He figured he could use a cast a powerful spell because of the distance between the armies, but then again he was taken by surprise when the monster army started running against the humans and the humans charged in the opposite direction and Heldar got pushed forward he figured that there would be no time to charge so he just decided to fire flames as fast as he would be able to. Heldar was so busy shooting, raising the dead and enjoying the smell of battle that he did not notice the human general come to his side and watch him shoot like mad. After a while the humans were victorious because of the flames the green monsters got afraid and ran. Heldar walked to the officer and asked if he could be sent back to his school the officer looked shocked that Heldar said himself to be a sorcerer and wanted to be able to go home. After listening to him the officer said: My name is Olgrund and you say that you come from some forest that your girlfriend lives in with your teacher in magic and want me to help you get there? Yes Heldar replied. Olgrund stood up and looked away from Heldar before he said: I have never heard of any teaching like the one you described for that mages are few and they study for many years before they can do as much as a spark but you on the other hand are very young and if I wouldn’t have seen your flame's burn down the Hirsirs I would not believe you and because you almost literally won the battle for me I shall send give you a horse and tell you were to find the nearest wizard and maybe he can help you. Heldar answered this very politely: keep the horse I know how to teleport just tell me where he lives and that will be enough maybe we will meet again someday on the battle and fight together and then you can award me how ever you want. Olgrund told him where the wizard's home was and Heldar teleported there, when he got there he saw the wizard out in the front mopping and spoke to him. The wizard looked up and Heldar saw a long beak and red eyes. Then he spoke: I killed Tascon the wizard but you are here earlier than expected so I will have to kill you so my master’s plan will not go astray. Then it threw it's robe and revealed it's feathered wings and scrawny scaled body thin arms holding a halberd, then it jumped at Heldar who defended himself with a bone spike that shot up between it's legs and up through the demons back and then Heldar spoke: release the wizard or you will never get from the place you are at! Then the demon said: my death is better than you gaining power and suddenly the monster blew up to little pieces and the only thing still on the bone spike was its black heart still beating. Then Heldar heard a cry for help that came from inside the wizard's house he went in and there lying on the floor it was. The wizard he ran to him and helped him to his feet the wizard said his name to be Tascon and then he said beware there is a Flokien nearby. Heldar said I killed the winged demon outside before I came in. The old man looked in his eyes and said no warrior can best that Flokien. Heldar just smiled and said I’m no warrior I’m a black mage. Tascon said: why have you come to me great one I have barely learned magic for a few years? Heldar had no reply to that but he just said ”no worries I'm lost and I need guidance to the forest where I have been taught magic and am not that great“. When Tascon said that he frowned and said you are the promised one and then Heldar felt himself being teleported where he didn’t know. They were standing in a great darkened hall in front of a few men with long gray beards who were sitting on a stone bow and they were obviously arranged there by status. Then out of the darkness a man spoke: Though art the promised one, art though not? Heldar decided not to lie to those men and told them that he was a black mage from a distant land that got lost when the black orb teleported him right there in the middle of that battlefield. The elders were shocked and where whispering to each other and then the greatest one asked: Have you heard the prophesy of Darkness? Heldar had never heard of it and asked to hear this prophesy. The whole counsel looked shocked but then they seemed to figure that he must’ve come from another world because every one had heard that prophesy and then they started humming and when they all were ready they sang: The Youngest of all shall come and win battles after battles and in the end lead the armies of men to victory over the wile Hirmirs. Heldar finally under stood that he would never see Alme ever again. he had a feeling that he would develop a strong stomach from the upcoming bloodbath, but while he was thinking this the counsel decided that his first mission was to prove his worth by going alone to get a sacred book from a crypt nearby. The next day he was given directions to get to the crypt. He asked the knight if he could get any men with himself but then the knight just laughed in his face and said: I’m not sending any of my men to their death but ill give you a horse so that you can get yourself killed faster and stop this nonsense. Heldar was given a horse and he rode in the direction of that mysterious crypt everyone was scared to death against. Heldar thought of Alme the whole time and he started to realize that he loved her and he became even more dedicated on getting home even if that journey home would be dangerous or even take his life. After a few day travels he came to the fence around the crypt and saw a few men standing out in front and as he came closer he noticed that it was only one man fighting foes that just stood back up. Heldar jumped off his horse and ran to the mans help and when he saw his chance he blew all the Zombies of the strong looking man who had held them off with his battle axe. The grand warrior fell down on his knee with undead all around him burning and Heldar's first impression was that the man was wounded and ran the last few feet, as he neared he heard some kind of a whisper and guessed it was some un-slept spirit. Suddenly the man stood up and the whisper quit. Heldar introduced himself to the unknown warrior and asked for his name, then the warrior turned and Heldar realized this was no ordinary warrior it was a paladin a knight of the gods and keeper of justice. The man introduced himself as Gendel. Gendel told Heldar of the lich Bromende that hunted his crypt and that he himself was there to find out why the former bishop was walking again. Heldar joined up with Gendel and they walked into the graveyard that did not seem to have any caretaker because all the graves appeared in a mess and as they walked closer they saw a human looking figure sitting on a bench in the mist. Heldar was going to try to communicate but Gendel seemed to have a different idea and swung his hammer in the direction of the figure witch blew to pieces and the parts that came their way seemed to have been dead for ages. Heldar and Gendel were nearing the middle of the graveyard when they heard a voice talking the secret language of necromancy. Heldar started listening and heard the voice give orders for a ambush, Heldar picked Gendels shoulder and whispered to him what he had heard, Gendel stopped walking and looked into Heldars eyes and asked how he could understand the voice no man can listen to without shivering or panicking. Gendel told Heldar that he would have to kill him if they ever got out of there alive. They walked right into the middle of a round square surrounded by shady tombs and in the shadows Heldar could see what other men were lucky not to see upon entering a graveyard, the souls of the dead in the same situation their bodies in their tombs some were hewn to pieces and as they entered the area the spirits seemed to notice him and started to take physical form. Heldar noticed and started to chant the spell to take control of the zombies that would arrive. Gendel heard Heldar's chant and started to feel the pain of fear down his spine and hardened the grip on his hammer, suddenly he figured that they were surrounded and felt Heldar's warm hand on his shoulder and heard Heldar's voice tell him to calm down because those where his own zombies that had come to help them break the seal and vanquish Bromende. Gendel took Heldars word for it and ventured to the tomb dealt a heavy blow on the door that cracked from the blow and fell in. Heldar was holding his concentration to sustain the connection to the zombies but when he looked for Gendel. He saw the big man fall down the few steps in front of the tomb with a large hole in his chest, in the tomb door was a swinging pointy ram prepared for another kill. Heldar sent zombies in the door for securing the zone and checked personally on Gendel who was still alive. Gendel dragged Heldar down and whispered: ”if you truly are the prophesized one then destroy that tomb and rid it of all evil!“

Chapter 3
Bromende's tomb

Heldar stood up from Gendels body and determined himself not to let the dead man down though it would be wonderful to have Alme there and kill Bromende all together for that she could've revived Gendel. Heldar sent his zombies ahead to scout the insides of the tomb and try to locate Bromende. Heldar finally found a staircase leading to the richer tombs and Heldar was starting to get a feeling of uneasiness because there was nothing but traps attacking his troops. But when they finally came by a corner it seemed like all hell was waiting for them. Heldar stepped back and the zombies started a hopeless battle against the much more powerful undead minions of Bromende. Heldar was not sitting back and enjoying the view though, he was charging spell of power that few could handle especially in black magic. And finally when Bromende's troops were getting through Heldar unleashed his might in a grand tsunami of fire that literally cooked not only the enemy but also his own troops, any spiritual being that could’ve seen that would go to a church and make peace with their gods and as Heldar penetrated through the scorched bones, he found the undead bishop that showed many signs of surrendering. Heldar took a sword from the ground and stabbed Bromende in the chest with it but as he intended to remove the sword he found it stuck, the undead being grabbed the sword and broke Heldar's wrist stood up and sent a spear flying through Heldar's stomach and impaled him on the opposite wall. Bromende leaned toward Heldar's face and whispered in his ear that he would use him for an undead general and steal all his powers and become the most powerful being in the universe. He had barely said the last word when something reminding on the sun appeared in the middle of the tomb, the light engulfed and burned Bromende. When Bromende was on the floor twitching a few elderly men walked in and two of them pulled the spear from Heldars body and another healed the wound then Heldar passed out. When Heldar woke up he was in a bright white tent lying on a bed and next to him to his surprise was Gendel sitting reading the bible, Heldar was silent for a moment and then he couldn't resist asking how Gendel was still alive after getting hit by that ram and how he himself still lived after being impaled and then his stomach ripped open. Gendel was taken by surprise but calmed down and explained how paladin healing magic worked with prayers and fast healing. Not like he hadn't known already but still he listened because it killed time for both of them while they could not walk due to injuries, the next day were spent chatting with Gendel but on the third day after he woke up Olgrund came in after losing a big proportion of his army he spent a day resting with Heldar and Gendel, they all spoke for the day and Olgrund, Heldar and Gendel were getting very well along and by the end of the day they decided to help go together to help Heldar finish convincing the elder mages that Heldar was truly the prophesized one. One week later Heldar left for the senate. Heldar stood before the senate of mages after telling his story and the senate members were talking together and making a decision when one of the lower members said: “You did not finish the task alone how do you think you can stop the Hirsirs if you can't kill a zombie-lich without dying in the process. The whole counsel agreed and they decided that Heldar was only an exceptionally talented mage. Heldar was dismissed and met his friends outside and told them what had happened. Gendel got furious and wowed to show the mongrels, but Heldar and Bromende told him off the plan. They walked toward their chambers and went past a smith workshop shop there Heldar excused himself and went in. Bromende woke up in the morning to find Heldar missing, he woke up Gendel and they went to search for him late in the afternoon they had not found him and it was nearing dinner Gendel and Bromende were going towards the meal hall when a ear-splitting thunder roared in the next room and the doors flew of the hooks and cracked the opposite wall. They rushed in and found Heldar half-lying in a chair with a sword in his hand and then he looked at them and when he focused on their faces he said silently ”It works!" Then he passed out. Gendel picked Heldar up like a sack of cotton and carried him to their bed chamber.
The next time Heldar was conscious he woke up to see Gendel and Bromende looking worried by his bed. He intended to speak but his throat felt like burning in acid so he silenced himself and poked Gendel who was closer to him. Gendel jumped as Heldar touched him and the older men leaned over him and began talking to Heldar who just realized that he could not hear anything but a buzz. Heldar could not speak nor hear so he summoned an illusion, that showed a pen flying and writing “I can not hear nor speak” Bromende put up a face that said “I told you so” and Gendel just laughed and explained to Heldar on a paper that he was given a drink in hopes that he would wake up three days ago and everyone had given up on him ever waking up after sleeping for 2 weeks and snoring the whole time he wrote barely able to keep his hand steady due to laughter .
When Heldar came to health and started to wander around the castle halls he found himself wondering what he had been doing prior to the explosion after thinking for a early in the morning he finally summoned enough courage to ask Gendel about what had happened. Gendel was practicing in the training hall using an strange long sword that seemed to give a blow thrice to his hammer by the look of the training dummy that finally gave back and flew into a nearby wall. Gendel turned when Heldar came and when Heldar asked about his status when they found him he was told that he had been holding a sword that Gendel had been testing and told Heldar that he had never found a weapon nearly as balanced. Then a messenger came in and said:

Chapter 4
The Disappearance.

The night Heldar’s room burned and Alme wept for many days and Tenwuh did not press her for classes because he knew and maybe even better than her that the youngsters were in love. When a month and a half had passed Alme asked what had happened to Heldar and he said: “Heldar roams another realm now but he is not dead just traveling. Let us hope that somewhere is a dimensional war going on for him to appear in. Alme looked up her face one question mark and in a split second she grabbed Tenwuh’s robes and shouted at him to explain what he meant with that. And thus Tenwuh told her the Legend of the orb of need: “Once upon a time there were mighty empires and even mightier heroes, who traveled between the planes and dimensions of existence, but peace was soon no more and wars ravaged the planes. A few selected empires united and created two vast armies that conquered many universes and then a wizard found a temporary solution. To seal the world from any outer contact several empires joined in and they sent their wizards to complete the spell by making altars of great power in every dimension and it would be safe as long as most of the altars would remain intact but as the centuries went by the altars started to falter and the barrier weakened. Alme looked as if struck by a pan on the forehead and she asked: “Are we in the barricaded realm that you speak of?” And then her instructor answered: “ No we are on the other hand in one of the ten last realms that still resist against the power of the Akruna Empire which commands the armies of thousands of world.” Alme still shaking from this last revelation asked “And what does that have to do with Heldar?” Tenwuh lowered his head and sighed then put his hand on Alme’s shoulder and said “He is the hero of freedom and he was prophesized to be a great warrior and wielder of the orb of need who would in the end lead the armies of the free planes against the ruling empire of Akruna… He just doesn’t know that yet. And that is where you come in you must get a normal plane sphere, find Heldar and help him find his destiny but never tell him the truth.” Alme who had been half crying looked at him with a face of great determination and said in a brave tune “where is that sphere!” Tenwuh stood up and showed her the way down to some of the lower reaches of the house, that seemed to be some kind of catacombs and when at the bottom Tenwuh enlarged the fire in his hand and therefore lit the whole room and strode toward an altar at the back of the room. He told Alme that the former owners of the house had been devil worshippers who committed many ritual sacrifices and suicides and therefore the house was so tainted by spirits that the barrier between their world and magic was so thin in it that magical powers were easy to attain and that was the reason they had both greater magical potential than most mages their age but perhaps they could not be considered mages yet because they were so young and still could learn so much. He then pushed the altar a little but then it moved on its own and revealed a small chamber including magical items of many kinds and then she saw the item that would alter her future on a stone pedestal it lay, an orb of plane traveling. She jumped into the hole and grasped it Alme felt great power surging into her fingers and then she had a sudden feeling like the one she always felt when casting spells it was the feeling of magic but now it was so bad that it was really incomprehensible and she felt like turning inside out before she heard Tenwuhs voice say: “Do not worry think about Heldar and the orb will drop in a settlement of a free nation!”. Alme felt like being pulled and she then appeared a quite few feet up in the air “just my luck” Alme thought as she fell down but instead of falling to her death she landed on some fur that gave back from her weight and as she struggled to free herself she felt something big grab her ankle and in a split-second she was hanging upside-down on her ankle looking in the face of the monster that held her up. The creature was about ten feet tall and its skin was quite green brownish and it had tusks that were so long that they would have blocked its sight if they were not so gliding. Alme could only figure two things about the beast from her view that it was a he and not happy about her falling down breaking something probably and apparently his home. The grunt started shaking her and shouting something at her in a language she didn’t understand, the fact they did not understand each other was most likely so obvious that the brutish being who looked capable of ripping her to pieces in milliseconds dropped her on the ground and said something in a more calm tune to another of his kind probably a female that stood up and walked away. Alme dared barely to breathe but in a few minutes the female came back in the company of a group of monsters and one of high age and great standard. The old one approached Alme and told her in human that she had ruined the big male’s home and would either pay him compensations or become his slave for an appropriate amount of time. Alme looked at the brute and sensed she would not get out of slavery from that thing for years so she said: “what if I rebuild his home?” The old creature laughed and said that she looked like she was barely capable of carrying a large branch and would never be able to so much as push the columns then what about raising them to the horizontal degree required. Alme only put up a face of determination and as the elder translated to the younger beasts who laughed so hard that they seemed to be dieing then she faced her problem and thought how nice it would be if Heldar were with her because he was lot better at looking intimidating and she raised her hands started to chant the spell which she knew by heart and sang it into the wind who obeyed her command and blew up the fur and the wooden columns she did not bother sheltering the not-so-funny-anymore crowd who all bent down and held tight on to the ground the wind seemed to be quite strong so the tent flew a bit longer than necessary but in the end she managed to make it land and then she looked at her astonished audience who approached the newly built tent touched it then grabbed crudely made weapons and approached her in a strange manner that would still not be mistaken as a battle formation. Alme was suddenly on the verge of panic because she had never been in a real battle except against a few goblins and a mountain troll and then she had been with Heldar. But instead of running away she decided to make the savages feel the pain of attacking an apprentice mage. She raised her hands and let green flames jump of her hands who readied them selves for fighting she swung her hands down to her hip height and in her left hand appeared her flute which she raised to her mouth and played as she played creatures started appearing but instead of the butterflies and birds that came to her in the forest long ago came falcons and dragonflies and the flames started multiplying and battling the beasts who were changing formation to what seemed more like a defensive formation and moved slowly toward her when they encountered the flames they were broken back by the furious heat steaming from Alme’s incarnation of fear. Then suddenly a furious cry came from another side of the camp what seemed like the leader and behind him came the elder from before. The camp leader looked so furious that Alme’s wall of fire walkers doubled in size but then the old one shouted to her that if she wouldn’t turn those flames down before they hurt anyone she would end up with a bolt in her back. Alme finally regained control and waved the flames, falcons and the dragonflies away along with her flute. She looked better at the camp leader and noticed that he did not look like the others on the fact that he seemed to be an old warrior with much experience and well fitted for leading an army. Alme bowed her head to the greatness of the figure, who now stood right in front of her glaring with the fury of a person responsible for his people. Alme understood that she had gotten the attention of the whole camp and the leader was there to stop the conflict and shouted at his warriors who left and then turned to Alme who found herself shaking, she braved herself up and faced the chief and then she said: “I am a Emotional Witch come from a alternative dimension to help in this war against whatever it is that you battle” The chief’s frown became a smile as he said something in the ear of his assistant who ran out and shouted some words in their own language and then the chief told her that they fought creatures like her that wielded magic like her and that they had been losing the war for a few years and then she was told that they were Hirsirs the first inhabitants of this world. Alme then asked if they had seen a young human male in robes similar to hers in the vicinity and then it seemed that she had touched a sensitive nerve because the others went suddenly silent. Alme looked around and noticed that there were a lot of Hirsirs in the tent now they probably had slipped in while the others were talking and now she regretted having mentioned Heldar. Finally the chief spoke and said that this young male had single handedly slain a big proportion of their army and was on the side of the enemy. Alme was astounded by the news and said without thought: “He is on our side he is just confused!” She noticed a tear on her chin and a grin on the face of the lord in front of her, and she wiped the tear off and looked in his eyes and asked what he thought so funny. And The great chief started laughing and somehow she felt like she never wanted to leave his side, but then he said that she obviously was in love and should get her boy but not before they had celebrated her coming and the tilting of the scales of war. That evening Alme enjoyed a celebration and a kingly meal. The next day every one in the camp spent the whole day doing something that looked like preparing for a battle. Around noon she got a message from the chief by the only one who also spoke human and that was the shaman, who told her to go to the lord tent and help preparing strategy. She walked with him and noticed for the first time that he walked in a strange manner and then she noticed that he was missing the knee-cap on his left leg, Alme was quite gifted in healing magic and proposed to him that she restore his leg. The shaman turned and looked her in the eye and asked: “Would you heal a wound given by a god?” Alme didn’t know what to say about this but when she put in concept what she knew about spiritualism she was quick to ask for forgiveness. The old one gave out something sounding like a cross blend between a cough and a laughter and then he pointed her into the chief’s tent he followed quickly and then sat on the floor where he had an opening Alme noticed a small opening on the left side of the camp chief she assumed that the others were chiefs from another camps and they seemed to be planning a mission where she was to infiltrate a human castle find her lover and then they would open the gates for the army to attack and destroy the invader settlement. The next evening she dressed herself up in clothes the Hirsirs called human, though she personally doubted that. She went into the castle in the evening and went straight for the castle main doors touched it and it flung open and they broke of the hinges and fell on the floor throwing up dust and inside were soldiers drinking in a behind room that now were in the front hall trying to make out that it was a woman invading their stronghold and after a few minutes of staring a captain came in and ordered them to arrest the troublemaker but he had barely given the order before his soldiers started running in her direction to beat her and arrest, she raised one hand and in it appeared her flute. When the first guard reached her she hit him in the stomach and then with a sudden move took a golf move and threw him a few feet breaking a marble column with his head killing the innocent man in before he knew it himself, the next three guards got their heads cut off by the blunt magical power of Alme’s fury and then the last ran away into the castle dungeons. The general was standing there prepared to die for the king whom but Alme had no intent on killing him and he quickly surrendered when his sword shattered. She shouted at him to tell her where the young mage was but when he told her nothing of importance his head shrunk till he died. She found herself surrounded once more and this time she spared no one and in a short while she was alone and then the Hirsir army came in and cleared the remaining humans. When the Hirsirs had taken the area Alme found the commander and told him that Heldar was not to be found in the castle, he told her that there was a base camp nearby that they had not known about and were going to attack there in the morning but she was to go immediately and check if Heldar was there. Alme got directions and consequently left for the espionage mission and when she got there a few hours later she looked down at the small boastful village. And when she got down to the village square she found a heavily guarded barracks and as she strode toward the door she ran accidentally into a young bearded man in a combat armor, She excused herself and told him her name and he replied in the same manner and his name was Gendel and was a paladin to the castle. Gendel then offered her a drink she accepted they went to the inn and spoke and drank for a while, Alme didn’t drink anything and only pretended to drink while Gendel got quite drunk and when she asked him about Heldar she was surprised to find that those two where good friends and asked him to show her the way to him. Gendel agreed and took her to the fort knocked on the door which opened with a creek they went in and the door slammed behind them. It was dark both of night and because all windows were covered with cloth she decided not to bother but before she knew it the cloth was removed from the windows and bracers lit and dozen archers appeared aiming at her and guards came from side corridors she was completely surrounded. When she was about to surrender a door opened in the back and in came three men two wearing royal armor and the last wearing a cape over his mighty armor crested with gems and rubies and that man ordered her to surrender or die, Alme surrendered and was brought to a dungeon wondering were Heldar might have been and she got an idea to try to send him a telepathic message and hope he could help her before morning. She concentrated hard.

Chapter 5
The Final showdown.

The messenger said that he was to go to the main hall for a new mission briefing. Heldar teleported himself there and was immediately arrested and when Heldar turned around it was Bromende and Gendel armed for battle along with everyone else and he asked what he was accused of then the answer was that he had been consulting with the enemy. He was then sent to the dungeons and thrown in. He went down to the abyss and there he found the last person he expected Alme. Was behind another set of bars fueled with rage, happiness and love he shouted her name and the bars disappeared. She looked up smiling and ran towards him and said: “You have been helping the wrong side” and he didn’t reply because he was crying held her shoulders and sobbed then she told him of the Hirsir attack and Heldar realized that it was a trap. Fueled with wrath he pointed at the door and when nothing happened he looked at the handcuffs and who melted down from his power, he looked at the door again and said words of magic who he had not needed to do for years the door exploded leaving a huge hole in the wall and when they walked out they noticed the men dead with bricks standing out from their bodies. The couple strode through the castle killing anyone standing in their way taking the direction to the outer wall where battle had begun. When they came to the door out to the wall a man walked into their way behind him were Bromende and Gendel, “step back or die” Heldar shouted the man didn’t move, but took down his cape and Heldar recognized him to be the king in lead of the humans on this plane. Heldar drew back and flared them all but with out effect. Heldar then pushed Alme back and summoned his sword to his hand. The king acted accordingly and sent Bromende against him Heldar said: “You do not have to follow this man he sold himself for power and he will not reward you in your death.” Bromende then rushed at Heldar with his sword prepared to attack Heldar stepped sideways and cut him in two along with his sword. Gendel then rushed forward and stood prepared to defend the king and Heldar just raised his sword Gendel then asked: “You do not try to discourage me?” Heldar only hissed back “You deserve death for betraying me and my wife.” Gendel was set back for a second which Heldar used for attacking but Gendel blocked in time. Then they traded blows for a moment and backed again, jumped at each other again. And then suddenly Gendel lost a leg as he fell, Heldar looked at Alme who stood next to him in battle position armed with her flute and claimed: “A wife who stands by idly while her husband defends the family is useless.” Then the two turned to their last opponent whom made his cape fall on the floor and dragged out two long swords one in each hand and he strode toward them Heldar sent a spell at him and in the blink of a eye the whole corridor filled with smoke and Heldar felt himself bump backwards and into a wall, he then felt Alme land on him as he lay vertical on the wall. Heldar put Alme who was knocked out on the floor and turned to finish off his foe. He ran towards the grand king grabbed his sword on the way but before he knew it he was hovering in a stasis and the king approached him and said: “Your allies are being slaughtered you can’t do anything about it but watch them die and after they are all dead you will join them in extinction”. The door opened on his command and they went out and looked over the battlefield where Hirsirs were being slaughtered. And it seemed hopeless for them battling infantry and knights backed up by archers and ballistae from the walls on the other side were only the ten feet Hirsirs along with a few minority races of their world. Heldar watched as the defense lines of the free beasts drew thin and begging for some way to turn the tide and hope for peace he hung there in the air forced to watch the battle and finally the great commander was fighting for his own life along with his people he reminded himself that if he would ever meet that great warrior and leader again he would bow to the ground to him in honor of his fidelity to his people. Heldar felt as if he had been watching for hours when he suddenly was thrown out of his thoughts as he fell to the stone floor and looked around he then noticed Alme struggling against the king and he picked up his sword and struck the king who managed to block the attack and held them both off with his swords. They fought him for several minutes without getting any advantages then they saw him collapse and behind where the king had stood was Gendel standing on his leg using his hammer for a crouch. Heldar thanked him and then turned to the battlefield and shouted: “You the mislead children of multiple dimensions have failed your invasion and extermination of these people who deserve your respect!” Heldar waited a moment then announced: “Your king betrayed you all and sold his loyalty to an inter-planar empire… I have freed you from his greed and I will now force you to surrender and leave to whatever plane you came from in the first place.” All over the land before him humans lay down their weapons and surrendered they were then lead to a place of power where Heldar and Alme helped the new king Gendel by opening a gate for him and his men. Heldar stood did indeed bow to they lord of the nomads called Hirsirs and then later on was connected by Tenwuh in his dream on how to use the Orb of Need. And thus learned the true prophecy of his lineage “Messiah will arrive at a age of slavery an age of corruption, the last age messiah will lead the free, free the enslaved and put ruin to corruption” The next day he woke and found a box by his feet in it was the orb he woke Alme and they had breakfast with the lords. That evening they said goodbye to their friends in the camp walked to the fire and Heldar grabbed Alme with one hand dragged her closer and then used the other hand to throw the orb into the fire.

The End.