Og sagan heldur áfram… endilega lesið þetta, fyrsti kafli kom einhverntíman fyrir svona hálfum mánuði síðan. Tékkið á þessu

————————————————–

“SETH!!” Luna yells from the top of her lungs. Another wave hits the reef and another spray of sea is produced. Luna shields her eyes while moving towards the angel figure in front of her. “Seth!?” she reaches the girl and grabs her by the ankles. “What is this? Where am I?” Luna feels like she’s talking to a mannequin. The girl in front of her then bends forwards and touches her cheek. She looks Luna deep in the eyes and starts speaking to her. Luna sees her lips move, but she doesn’t hear a thing. Then… she hears it, a low voice speaking from the back of her head. She doesn’t make out the words but still she listens. “you… don’t…. …. mak….. behind…..” Luna tightens the hold on the girl's ankles and says “What are you trying to say? Where am I? Who are you?!”

“What the fuck Cain! You’ve been drinking?!” A female figure says in a harsh tone to a young man with a girl on a leash dragging behind him and a cigarette in his mouth. “Dita, no… I just…” Cain looks over his shoulder and points towards a huge door he just passed through. “I was just reading a book… ya’ know… and… I had a little wine, but…” Cain wasn’t paying attention to where he was going and walked right into a vase standing on the floor. “Oh my fucking god… you’re fucking unbelievable!” Dita says while watching her employer and so called superior tripping over the vase and spilling it’s contains all over the parquet floor. “Oh maaaan….” Cain said, as he saw what he had done. “okay, okay… I admit it, I’m wasted”. Dita looks at him angrily with her hands crossed over her chest. Cain tries to raise the vase he just knocked over but slips in the water and falls flat on his back where he starts laughing like crazy, drunk as hell. Dita kicks Cain in the side, only making him laugh harder “You’d better get the fuck up, Seth’s here and he’s got bad news for you”. “What is it?” Cain tries to get up but is too drunk, so he just lights up another cigarette while lying on his back, soaked. “I dunno, probably something about that girl. You should go see him”. Cain tries to hold back his laugher “Why me?”… then he starts laughing again, giggling like a girl. “Because it’s your fucking responsibility you asshole! You’re the one in charge, or at least that’s what Az says! So get your drunk ass of the fucking floor, gather some clarity and go see Seth now!”. Cain looks up at Dita’s face and sees she’s angry at him. “I’m sorry…” he sits up and rubs his eyes. “I’m fine now… I’ll go see what he wants right away” Dita’s face grows a little calmer as she watches Cain get up and brushing the back of his shirt. “Oh man, I liked this shirt”. “What are you talking about, you never wear it”. “well… I was saving it for an occasion like this…” A few seconds passed until then they both burst into laughter “For what? Getting drunk while reading a fucking Lovecraft?! And then making a total ass out of yourself? You’re fucking ridiculous!, I’ll tell you that”. Dita grabs the leash Cain dropped earlier. “Now come on, we’ve got to get Steph to Jacob”. “All right… We’d better be ready when Aaron’s sister gets here” Dita turns her head to Cain and asks, “I never caught her name…” Cain starts walking, rubs his neck and answers “It’s Luna”. “Luna…” Dita repeats after him. “Luna….” They walk side by side through the hallways with the kneeling girl dragging behind them.

Cain, Dita and Stephanie head for an isolated chamber in the basement of the mansion. Cain’s father, Archangel Azrael had built this mansion millenniums ago to serve as his domain where he could hide during times of unrest such as these. But the master of the house is nowhere around. The only ones who dwell there are his sons, Cain and Seth, Dita and a quiet and self centered character called Jacob von Eckenfelder III. And of course, Stephanie. Jacob is fundamentally different from the other three. Jacob is a man. Jacob is the peak of nature’s creation, a pure and unaffected being blessed with the gift of sin. The son gave his kind the ability to wander freely within the realms of the material world without having to abide to any rules set by the father or the Seraphim. Jacob’s (and all men’s) astral body is completely confined within his flesh thus leaving nothing be altered or manipulated in any way. Among angels, humans are a rarity, but once they become tuned according to their vision, movement and astral activity, they’re a powerful alley.

“What’s up motherfuckers? Are you ready to raise some fucking hell?” Cain yells as he comes bursting into the chamber with Dita and Stephanie behind him “Hey Jacob!” Dita says cheerfully as she closes the door behind her. Kneeling on the floor in front of them with his palms to the floor is a tall, muscular man with blond, short hair and a goatee. He’s wearing a black shirt, black pants and a priest collar. He had obviously been praying when they entered. “Cain, shut the fuck up and take your’ fucking shoes of” Jacob says calmly as he straightens his back and puts his hands on his thighs. Lying around him are a dozen of chalks in red, white and black. On the floor in the front of him he’s drawn large circles, one around each other, surrounded by occult shapes and letters in different colors. In the middle is a large pentagram. The shapes and circles cover the entire floor, but in the other end of the room stands an altar, decorated with animal skulls and candles. The room looks like a ceremonial chamber, set up to summon some demon. Behind the altar stands Seth nervously with a cigarette in his hand.

“So… you’re finally here” Cain says to Seth in mocking voice. “Did everything go according to plan?” “Pretty much” Seth replies while taking a smoke. “They tried to get her before I did, so I had to move fast, if you know what I mean” “They being…?” Cain replies and makes small circle movements with his hand, suggesting he should come up with an answer. “Those damn rebels. Luce warned us about them, remember. Luckily their kind is not the brightest one so we didn’t experience any troubles getting out of there” Seth nods towards Dita “No offence” “None taken” Dita replies with another nod. “Yeah whatever…” Cain says “Do you know what her cozy hotel room in Limbo cost us? Now we owe some fucking guy named Regvid half our fucking stuff for that one!” “Shut to fuck up” Seth mumbles quietly and takes another smoke from his cigarette while Dita struggles to keep herself from laughing.

“Did you bring her?” Jacob asks calmly. Dita steps forward after a brief hesitation and hands him the leash attached to Stephanie’s collar “Yep, here she is! All ready for her big moment!” Jacob takes the leash from her hand unenthusiastically and stands up. Jacob is easily the tallest person in the room, rising almost two meters into the air. He grabs Stephanie’s shoulders and pulls her to her feet. Her knees make a couple of snaps as they straighten and at first she’s having a hard time keeping her balance, but then she stands firm in front of Jacob like a mannequin, his hands still on her shoulders. They stand like that for a few seconds until Jacob pulls her to his chest and starts hugging her while whispering something in her ear. They stand like that for a minute while the others watch awkwardly, looking at each other, making weird faces. “You know…” Seth leans towards Cain “After we got here, I did lose track of them” “The rebels?” Cain replies with a surprised look on his face. “Yeah, but I don’t think they returned to where they came from” “So you think they staid behind??” Seth looks over to Dita… “No, but I think they’re coming here… To stop her arrival” “Are you talking about Luna?!” Cain is now whispering. “Yep…”. Seth leans backwards against the wall and nods slowly. “Whatever’s following her… We must stop it”. Cain’s face then grows serious “Holy shit! What about Steph?!” “She’ll be fine… but I still think it’ll be risky” “So are you suggesting we should just let her through without paying attention to the risks involved?”.

Jacob finally lets go of Stephanie and drops her to the ground. She lands on her back, not trying to brake the fall with her hands as she was a doll. Dita walks towards her and helps her back on her knees. “Seth, tell me everything you know about them” Jacob orders while brushing his hair from his eyes. “All I know is in this note Luce faxed to me earlier” “Give it to me”. Seth hands Jacob the letter and he reads it quickly. The others watch him, waiting for him say something. “Dita” Jacobs looks at her seriously. “How big do you think you can make it?” “The gate?” Dita asks while scratching the back of her head “Yes, the gate”. “Well, we originally intended it to be a one way portal so the girl could be summoned directly into the host, but I guess an actual physical gateway isn’t out of the question… but why?” “If those freaks intend to follow the girl I don’t think we have any other choice to take them on. One way or another” Cain interrupts the conversation “Excuse me, but are you fucking insane? Do you actually suggest that we should make a gateway so the freaks can come through and have the chance to cause more trouble then they’ve already done?”. Seth steps forward “Cain is right, the only choice we have is to go in ourselves”. Jacob then bangs his fist against the wall hard enough to crack it. “What about Stephanie?! Don’t you care about her?! What if they decide to go through her! Not only will she get killed, but it’ll ruin the only chance of getting the girl through! And what about Aaron?!” The group becomes silent… “You still remember what we promised him, don’t you?” Cain mumbles something about not being supposed to baby-sit some fucking kid and Dita watches Jacob and Stephanie worried. “Don’t worry, I’ll reach through and take them on, It’ll be over before you notice” Seth says while leaning against the wall and lighting another cigarette. “But that’s not what we’re concerned about, We all now that you alone are superior to anything those guys will cook up” Dita looks at Seth and grins “After all, they are only demons”. Seth grins back at her and takes a smoke.

Cain steps forward and brushes his curly lock from his face “She’s right, Stephanie may be the only chance we have to get hold of that girl, you know, so we mustn’t take any chances” Seth stares at him for a while with an empty look on his face and takes another smoke while banging the back of his head against the wall “You’ve got a better idea?”. Jacob then takes a few steps towards Seth until he’s towering over him like an adult speaking to a child “Seth, are you absolutely positive you can do this without causing any harm to Stephanie nor Luna?” Seth looks Jacob steadily in the eyes and pulls fourth a large black swan-like feather. Jacob watches as the feather starts wiggling back and fourth as if there was a wind blowing and then morphing into something looking like a small black flame, but only purer and more sophisticated, consisting of an impressive number of small curls and a silk-like texture. The flame then disappears into Seth’s hand like he had absorbed it “When that freak of nature sees what I have in store for him, I don’t think the use of force will even be necessary!” Jacob looks at Seth seriously and lowers his eyebrows. Then he turns away and says “It’s a good thing you guys are Azrael’s boys” Seth smiles and watches Jacob walking away.

————————————————–

Meira seinna…
Sprankton