Tjah, hvað get ég sagt… þetta er fyrsti kaflinn af ríflega fjörutíu blaðsíðna smásögu sem ég er búinn að vera að skrifa undanfarna mánuði. Þessi fyrsti kafli er líklega árs gamall, en ég er ennþá að skrifa… Ég biðst forláts á tungumálinu, en ég byrjaði með að setja þetta inná Deviantart og vildi þess vegna að sem flestir gætu lesið söguna. Gefið þessu séns ;)

————————————————–

It's a beautiful day. The sun is burning hot and the sky is as deep and clear as the ocean. There is a mild gust blowing and everyone seems to be on the streets, moving the lawn, barbequing, or just running around and playing, enjoying the life. There is a boy throwing Frisbee to his dog, and a couple of girls seem to be throwing a tea party for their dolls. But at a remote playground, in a suburban part of the town sits a rather out of place girl on an old, creaking swing. She seems about fifteen years old with long, blond hair. The sunbeams flow through the girl's golden locks as they swing back and forth, in rhythm to the swing. The girl is wearing a black jacket with some band pins in it, suggesting she likes music, or is just trying to follow some stereotype. Her hair, sparkling in the sunshine is covering most of her face, but still fails to hide the tears streaming down her cheeks.

The girl suddenly looks up and wipes her eyes as a boy her age comes running towards her. “Luna!, Luna!” the boy yells, while he tries to catch his breath. The boy is wearing a white t-shirt saying “Out of Control!” and faded jeans. He is bare-foot. “What happened at school?! You just left… and… everyone is talking about it!!”. The boy is now standing directly in front of the girl named Luna. “Leave me alone Roy!” Luna yells as she leaps from the swing and starts crying again, running away from the boy named Roy. “Luna! why are you running?!” Roy goes after her, barely standing from exhaustion from all the heat and the running. Suddenly Luna stops, turns around and yells at Roy with the tears in her eyes “Go away or I'll use it on you!!”. Roy stops and gives her a funny look. “Use what?” he says, and adds a second later, “Luna, are you crying?”. Now Luna gets furious and yells at him “You know exactly what I'm talking about! you saw it! Everyone did! I'm dangerous! I KILL PEOPLE!!!!”. Roy stands there for a minute, then opens his mouth… hesitates, and then says “Is Mrs. Robertson dead?”

Roy takes a few steps backwards and then trips and hits the ground. He’s chased Luna through the playground and is now sitting on the grass next to a slide, accompanied by a broken car lying next to it. All the yelling has drawn the attention of a little boy who was playing with his marbles before he got interrupted. “hoo died?” the little boy says. But Roy is too shocked to even notice him. Luna then starts walking slowly towards Roy, still hiding her face, and her tears with her hair. “Roy… I didn’t..” But then she's interrupted by Roy as he hurries to his feet and starts backing away from her. “Roy!” Luna yells, and bursts into tears again. “No YOU get away from ME, you freak! Why did you do it! WHY! Are you gonna kill me too??”. “ROY!! LISTEN TO ME!!” the little boy starts crying. “NO! GO AWAY!!” Luna gives a long and loud scream and collapses to the ground

“Oh my god, she did it again!
This is bad… oh my god, this is bad!”. ”Damn it… are we going to stop her or what?!“ In the outskirts of the city lies a parked minivan, equipped with a large radar disk and some other satellite equipment. ”Have you contacted croup Deilo?“ ”they're still on standby, awaiting orders…. should we proceed?“ ”How about team Stoy?“ ”The same“ A tall and muscular man in a black suit then arises in the back of the van and yells ”Fuck it! Do you want to just sit here and watch?“ ”Move it! Take her out!!! Don’t let her age distract you, she’s just as fucking dangerous as her brother! Do it now!!“. Two confused men, dressed in lab coats, surrounded with computers and radio equipment stare at the giant in black and then each other, speechless. ”o-of course sir!, w-we just have to…“ the man speaking is interrupted by a thundering voice. ”DO IT!!!“ The man in black bangs his fist against one of the monitors, demolishing it.

”…roger…“
”…move out group Stoy, we have a clearance, fire at will…“
”…roger…“
”…out…“

The grass around the children seems burnt but the slide, the car and the swing are intact. The voices that had drawn the attention of a little boy earlier are now silenced. When taken a second look, the grass doesn't really seem burnt… it's just dead…
Luna is sitting, covering her face with her arms crossed on her knees. She is crying, but not as hard as before. She's quiet, relaxed and had just experienced a great feeling of release. She takes a quick look to see what's in front of her, but hides her face again, just as quickly. ”I did it again….“

Earlier that day. Just before Luna went to school her father had hit her. Since five years ago, when her older brother, Aaron died, her father had started drinking more and more, and he started to pay Luna less and less attention. The only time he ever spoke to her was while he was scolding her for something she had done. Sometimes he gets really mad… Luna always covers her face with her blond hair to hide the bruises from her friends and those around her. But this morning it was pretty bad. She had tried not to make the bruises noticeable but she wasn't doing a very good job. Everyone had been looking at her at school, as she passed the hallways, on her way to class. There was no doubt her bruises were getting bigger, and more visible. People started whispering among each other and some even asked Luna if she was okay. She couldn't bear it. She ran into the ladies room, locked herself into a toilet booth and burst into tears. She let it all out… the dam of her frustration over the past years had burst. The tears didn’t seem to have any ending.

After some time, when she had let it all out she felt a slight relieve, but she defiantly had more she needed to deal with. The class had already started some time ago.
Just as she was about to open the booth she heard a familiar voice. ”Luna… is it you?“. ”Shit….“ The voice came from the booth next to her. How long had she been there listening. ”I've been here the entire time“ her friend Leila added, as if she had read her mind. Luna pretended she didn't hear Leila and kept her silence. ”Luna… did he hurt you again?“. There was no escaping it now. She had to respond. Luna closed her eyes, crossed her arms over her knees and gave a quiet whimper. ”Yeah“. Then came the silence. Neither Leila or Luna spoke for some time.

Luna had known Leila for a long time. They used to play together as children in her old neighborhood. Leila had always been stronger than Luna and defended her when she was being bullied by the older kids. When Luna's brother died five years ago, Leila had comforted her and told her it would be alright. It never became alright…
Some students passed in and out of the ladies room while Luna sat there and waited for Leila to say something comforting. ”You can run away from home you know“. Luna was startled by the sound of her voice. It sounded almost cheerful. ”You know I can't“, Luna responded. ”It's… my home, I can't leave just like that. Where would I go?“. ”You can stay at my place!“. Luna smiled a little bit. Leila had a way of finding the simplest solutions to the most complex problems. “Well.. just think about it. I've got a class to go to. See ya later”. The booth next to Luna opened up and closed again with a click as Leila left the ladies room. That reminded her… she had a class as well

Luna stood up slowly from the toilet she had been sitting on for the last fifteen minutes or so. She opened the booth, but looked away as she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirrors, opposing the booths. Her face was a mess. When she finally entered the classroom the class was half through. Everyone was staring at her face… even the teacher, Mrs. Robertson. “Luna, where ever have you been?! The class started twenty minutes ago!” the teacher said in a sharp tone as Luna was about to take her seat. She didn't respond. Some of the students started whispering and pointing at her. Luna was about to burst from embarrassment. Her friend, Roy leaned in her direction and asked if she was alright. Luna didn't respond. “Luna Loire! give me a reasonable explanation for your absence or else I'll send you to the headmaster!!”. Luna was shocked. Mrs. Robertson sounded almost malicious as she yelled at her. “I…I…wasn't…” Luna tried to explain, but couldn’t find the words. “Well??….” Mrs. Robertson’s face was red.
Then suddenly something happened. Luna felt as she was about to faint. Her eyes felt like if they were about to burst and her head felt a several numbers too small. But then… an extreme feeling of release.

When Luna opened her eyes again, her teacher, Mrs. Robertson was lying on the floor in front of her. She had killed her. Luna was absolutely one hundred percent sure. The students were stuffed in one corner of the classroom. Some of the girls were crying. “Guys..” Luna turned to them, bewildered. Her friend, Roy looked at her with big and confused eyes… “Luna?, is it you”. Then she felt sick again. The room was getting smaller, she couldn't breath. Luna rushed out of the classroom, passing Leila and some of her friends on the hallways. Luna pretended they weren’t there and kept on running faster. Out of the school, out of this horrible world.

Luna looks up again to make absolutely sure they are dead. “Who am I kidding”, she says to herself and lies back in the dead, yellow grass. The sky is as pure as ever. Luna brushes her hair away from her face, revealing a number of bruises. The sun is hot but the gentle breeze makes it bearable. Luna had killed three people today, one old lady, a friend and a curious little boy who happened to be playing with his marbles as she entered the playground. She knows what she did was horrible, and that there are no ways of avoiding the consequences, hell, she even killed Roy, her friend for years. But then why did it feel so good? Why did their death bring such a wild feeling of… ecstasy?! Luna felt as if she had gone to the bathroom for the first time in days. This great feeling of release. “I must be going insane”… she rolls on her right side and pulls her knees against her chest and closes her eyes. The grass beneath her… it's dead. It's yellow and lifeless. Did… she… kill it, just like she killed Roy and Mrs. Robertson? Does that mean she's a murderer? Are you a murderer if you eat a cow, or even an apple? Because that's what she feels like. Like she had eaten their souls!

At first, it was only footsteps… then she heard voices. There are so many of them, and they sound excited. Luna jumps to her feet and watches terrified as an army of SWAT forces start rushing into the playground. She can't run. They've surrounded her and started yelling at each other to get in formation. The sunbeams sparkle from their body armors and riot shields. “What is this? Am I dreaming? How? Why? What??” Luna is more confused and scared than she has ever been in her entire life! Her heart is pounding like crazy. Then, someone shouts “FIRE!!”. Time stands still… is this her death. Will Luna die right here in this playground where she killed Roy. Does she deserve it?

then something hits her hard and hauls her into the sky at an even before she realized if she is being shot or not.

She screams out loud and covers her eyes… The vertigo is unbearable as she is hauled to the sky at an incredible speed. She can't tell what is up and what is down. Earth, Heaven, no difference at all. Then spoke a voice. “Luna, I've got you, it's gonna be okay” Luna opens her eyes just a little bit. But closes them right away. What she saw was an angel… a male dressed in white with majestic wings. Luna opens her mouth to ask for the name of her savior. But she can't talk because of the speed and the pressure.

“It's Seth”, the angel replied…

————————————————–

…framhald síða
Sprankton