Já, samkvæmt þessu bendir allt til þess að hljómsveitin Busted séu hættir, en þeir hættu eftir brottför Charlie Simpson sem hefur ákveðið að snúa sér að annari hljómsveit sinni.

“Busted Announcement
Following the departure of Charlie Simpson, Busted announced today (Friday 14th Jan 2005) that they have decided to split up.

Over the last two years James Bourne, Charlie Simpson and Matt Willis have become household names. Busted have had eight top three hits including four number ones. Both Busted albums, 2002’s Busted and 2003’s A Present For Everyone, have clocked up over 1 million sales each.

Busted won Best Pop Act and Best Breakthrough Act at the 2004 BRIT awards and they were nominated for Best British Group. Most recently they topped the charts with the theme to the Thunderbirds movie, which was voted Record Of The Year.

In the course of their career Busted have sold out 50 UK arenas including 11 Wembleys and last year they sold more Wembleys than any other artist (equaling the all time record), consolidating their position as the biggest and best pop act in the UK.

Says Matt Willis: “It’s a really sad day for all of us but we’ve always said that if one member left then we’d call it a day. The last three years have been unbelievable and I’d like to say a massive thank you to all our fans- you’ve been amazing.”

Says Charlie Simpson: “I’m incredibly proud of everything that we’ve achieved in Busted. We’ve enjoyed some of the best times in our lives together. I wouldn’t change one single bit of it. This has been a really difficult decision and I hope the fans will understand”

Says James Bourne: “I’m devastated that Charlie has chosen to quit Busted, but I have to respect his decision and I fully support him and wish him all the best for the future. I would like to say a personal thank you to all the fans who have made the last three years the best years of my life. I’ll remember these years forever.””

Þannig að svona hefur þetta endað:) .. eftir þrjú ár í bransanum hehe!
——