Derrick Green:Ástæðan fyrir að Jason Newsted hætti Ég sá þetta á töflu á heimasíðu Dynamo Open Air hátíðarinnar. Þetta hérna fyrir neðan segir frá sjónvarpsþætti í Ástralíu. Derrick Green söngvari hljómsveitarinnar Sepultura er í viðtali í þættinum… lesið….. (afsakið að ég þýddi þetta ekki).

Last night, here in Australia, on “channel {v}” (australians version of MTV) they had their valantines day special. and included in the line up of music celebs who came into the studio and co-hosted the special was Sepulturas Derrick Green (vox, replaced the immortal Max Cavalera…)

Anyways, when he came in, there was like, the special audience who had won competetions to be there, and all of ‘em were wearing a Sepultura shirt…except for this one guy, who had a garage inc shirt….

So anyways, Derrick is blabbing on about touring, bout CD’s etc etc etc, and when question time comes, the guy with the metallica shirt puts his hand up… He gets picked, and the question he asked was something like this: “what was it like working with jason newsted of metallica?”

And the answer went along these lines… (i was so excited to have this topic brought up, i wasnt fully sure, but it was along these lines…)

“Oh it was great… Me and jason are such close freinds now…… Jason is just such a great and friendly guy… I remember when i first met him, at his house, he came to me and said ‘yo man! hows it going! come in man! fridge is there! grab a beer! do this! do that…’ He was so cool and down to earth. he had this hugh arse CD collection that was fully stacked and awesome!! And he had this room fulled with basses, it was so cool! We went in, and he started jamming on this one, it was a special custom made, and i said something like ‘cool bass man’… A few weeks later we (Sepultura) were touring in Florida, and he had sent us this package… I opened it, and it was, the bass! He had givin me the bass cause i thought it was so cool! He came with us later on that tour… He would show up, walk in, massive grin, and wave and speak to EVERYBODY! Not just me and Igor and the band, but the support personla, the roadies, everyone! He is, without doubt, not only the nicest musician i have ever met, but the nicest person overall….. It is great that he quit metallica…”

As Derrick said this, not only did the jaw of the guy who asked the question drop, but the co host was like, shocked!! He said - “why Derrick? why is it great? Why did he quit? we only got a little info down here bout medical reasons….”

derrick looked smug… “I know Jason, me and him are such close freinds now…. And thats just pure BS…. Jason is the kind of man who NEEDS to make music… And he was suffocating there.. Sure he had some influence… But he just wasn't given the chance to fully live out his creative ability… Those guys didn't fully respect his full talent, so he just upped and left… I'm very sure we will hear some excellent stuff from him very soon… Much better then his work with Metallica… He is just so talanted… I wouldnt be surprised….”

the co-presenter just turned to the camera, with a grin on his face, and says… “Well, you heard it here folks.. The insides story..”

Derrick laughs and says “hell yeah.. Thats the inside story guys.. The real reason!”