Starship Troopers kom út árið 1996 ´(if i´m not mistaken).
Ég fannst hún mjög góð og hef séð hana ábyggilega 20 sinnum.
En allavega hér er smá upplýsingar um Starship Troopers 2 sem kemur út seinna í þessum mánuði.

Starship Troopers 2 - join the fight!
Stephen writes… There were plenty of other panels I could have attended. With over 600 hours of ‘programming’ there's always about ten different alternatives for any time slot at Comic Con, and you can always wander through the treasures of the show floor. But, because I figured getting a seat early for the Comic Book: The Movie presentation was a good idea (and it was), I ended up sitting down to hear all about Starship Troopers 2.

I knew zilch about the flick as you probably realise - my previous encounter with it had been a good ribbing, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Overall the movie looks like a pleasant surprise though.

The panel was hosted by Paul M Sammon, whose name I was aware of because he'd written one of the better ‘Making of’ books I've ever read for Starship Troopers. Back in 1996-97 he had pretty unlimited access to the movie and had become friends with all of those involved, so he seemed like a good choice for a panel moderator, especially when we learned later that he'd become the still photographer for the second flick, giving him even more on-set access than before.

Explaining that the movie had only wrapped four weeks ago and that we were some of the first people in the world to see the stuff he was to show, Sammon kicked things off with a simple slide-show, and an outline of the movie's basic plot. The first analogy he came up with was that if Starship Troopers had been like World War II (with Gestapo like Psi-officers and a fascist, Aryan-friendly government) then ST2 is like the Korean War. The human-bug conflict has been raging for five years as the flick opens, and humanity is losing the battle - although through all-pervasive, pro-war propaganda, the majority of humanity doesn't know that.

The story opens on a remote, perpetually dark desert planet called Zulu Angel, where a lone patrol, Bravo 6, has managed to get itself stranded behind bug lines. With local weather conditions alternating between several hundred-mile per hour duststorms and vicious lightning strikes, getting lost on Zulu Angel ain't a smart thing to do. Especially when there's a zillion bugs out there who want nothing more than to snack on every human they can find. So to keep their butts alive, the patrol shacks up in a deserted outpost - which is precisely where their trouble begins.

You see, it seems like the previous occupants of the outpost left in a hurried (and violent) way, leaving the place extremely untidy with limbs, blood and other stuff that's really hard to get washed out of upholstery. They also left behind one sole occupant - Captain Dax, the so-called ‘Hero of the Federation’, who is enjoying his stay in this outpost, except for his cramped living quarters. Oh yeah, and the fact that the previous patrol left him rotting for dead with the word ‘Murderer’ scrawled above his cell door.

While no-one is too anxious to let an apparent murderer loose, Bravo 6 realises soon enough that it's going to need all the help it can get from Dax if they're going to survive. Because a massive wave of bugs is closing in, and the outpost's defences won't last for too long….

So far, so Aliens, right? Well, perhaps ST2 has a few more tricks up its sleeve. Because as Sammon explained, displaying the new ‘brain’ and ‘parasite’ bugs, things go from bad to worse even after the bugs attack. With these new brain bugs infiltrating human bodies and controlling them, and with the harsh environment of planet Zulu Angel, it sounds to me like ST2 is going to be more Aliens-meets-The Thing than anything else.

Closing out the slide show, Sammon then summoned (ouch) screenwriter Ed Neumeier and actress Brenda Strong to the stage. Both of them are well connected to the Starship Troopers universe, as Ed wrote the original movie, and Brenda had starred in it as the Captain of the starship Robert Young. She also died in it (she memorably gets crushed by a lowering bulkhead door as the ship crashes), but this time out she plays Sgt. Rake, described as a “female John Wayne” by Neumeier.

Switching the panel over to a Q&A session, the first question asked was the thorny ‘direct to video’ one. The movie is considerably lower in budget than ST because it's the directorial debut of Phil Tippet, the effects man responsible for the bugs in the first flick. That means that while ST2 will apparently get a theatrical release “everywhere outside of the US” it might go straight to video/DVD for its domestic release, but there's been no decision made yet, apparently.

The other big question asked by Heinlein fans who still feel cheated is about power armour, and whether it'll appear in ST2. It was fairly obvious to me given the budget that it wouldn't, but Ed Neumeier confirmed that was the case. As Paul Sammon reminded everyone though, power armour designs were done for Starship Troopers, and were never used (they're shown in his book) so if ST2 does well - perhaps they'll arrive in ST3. (Or perhaps someone could adapt John Steakley's enjoyable Armor into a movie, which has bugs and power armour galore.) Inexplicably, Ed Neumeier blames himself for the lack of power armour in the first film, saying that it ultimately came down to a ‘believable bugs or power armour’ argument, and the bugs won. As he pointed out “Some people hate me for that movie,” referring to some of the more extreme Heinlein fans out there (some of whom were present in the audience).

Fans of the original's sarcastic take on war propaganda will be pleased to know it's going to return for the second flick also, and that Ed Neumeier wouldn't have it any other way. More importantly, the intense in-your-face violence of the first flick is going to be present again, with all three present promising a ‘hardcore horror flick’ that will be rated as a ‘hard R’ when it's released.

While there might not be as many epic bugs vs. human battles in ST2 the claustrophobic setting and human-invading new bugs should ensure there's plenty of horror to go around. In fact, when it was suggested that ST2 looked a little like Aliens, Paul Sammon argued that it was actually a lot more like Alien instead, with a dash of 1950s gritty war combat movies. It sounds like a good combination to me….tekið af: http://www.tagliners.org.

Í myndinni koma ekki fram neinir af aðalhetjunnum úr númer eitt eins og Johnny Rico(Casper Van Dien), sem var alveg mín uppáls persóna. Og ekki heldur Carmen Ibanez(Denize Richards), eða Ace og ekki heldur skrýtni vinur þeirra með skyggnis hæfileikana sem ég man ekki hvað heitir. Og auðvitað ekki Dizzy, Rasczak eða Zander því þau dóu nottla öll í fyrri myndinni.<br><br>Kv.Sammi