Austin Powers: Goldmember New Line Cinema gefur gefið grænt ljós á nýja Austin Powers mynd, Austin Powers: Goldmember sem er þriðja í seríunni og mun byrja á að taka hana í nóvember en hún er væntanleg 26.Júlí 2006!

Official tilkynninginn er hér fyrir neðan;
- - - - - - - -
Myers and director Jay Roach made the decision to set aside their other projects for the third and possibly final “Powers” play after New Line brass frothed over a strong draft turned in by Myers and co-writer Michael McCullers.

Myers will play Powers, his nemesis Dr. Evil and Fat Bastard again, as he did in the first sequel. He'll also play title character Goldmember, a villain who, aside from providing the James Bond-spoofing title, has some unusual qualities that Myers and Roach will try to keep secret until the film's release.

“It's the most interesting, exotic villain people have seen in a long time, and every time Mike lapsed into the character in readings, we would literally lose it and take time to regain our composure,” said Roach.

Roach said talks are under way for Verne Troyer to return as Mini-Me, and the plan is to have Seth Green reprise his role as Dr. Evil's son Scott, with Robert Wagner back as No. 2 and Rob Lowe possibly returning to play the younger Wagner in a time-travel moment.

Heather Graham might return for a cameo, but a new love interest will be introduced.

“I can't wait to start. We had a blast writing ‘Goldmember.’ It's like a big party,” said Myers.

“Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me” earned more than $310 million worldwide, and the film holds the distinction as the highest grossing domestic title in New Line history.

“Mike Myers and Michael McCullers have outdone themselves with their work on ‘Goldmember,’” said Toby Emmerich, President of New Line Productions. “This latest script is in a league all its own and takes the franchise to a new level of insanity and genius. We have all been mindful of the challenges of keeping this series fresh, fun and entertaining. ‘Goldmember’ will be a hard act to follow, and we believe this film will continue to build on the loyal fan base that has made Austin Powers a world-renowned household icon.”

Emmerich will oversee the development of the project along with Richard Brener, New Line's Senior Vice President of Production.

- - - - - - -
Yeah baby, yeah!

IndyJones