Það lítur út fyrir að Rivaldo, sá sem allir eru að velta vöngum yfir ætli!!! að vera hjá Barcelona!
Brazilian striker Rivaldo has ruled out the prospect of a big-money move to the Premiership.

It had been reported the former world player of the year was the subject of behind the scenes discussions between Barcelona and Manchester United.

It was even suggested David Beckham could be used as bait to land the brilliant playmaker, widely regarded as one of the top three players in the world.

þá vitum við það…………..eða hvað?

With Sir Alex Ferguson rumoured to have a £50million transfer ‘war-chest’ at his disposal for the final year of his Old Trafford reign, Manchester would be seen as the most likely destination for a player whose wages would probably easily exceed the £63,000 a week Alen Boksic collects from Middlesbrough.

But Rivaldo has distanced himself from such talk and insists he wishes to stay at the Nou Camp.

“I know nothing about meetings between clubs and I don''t want to know anything about them,” he said.

“If it is down to me I will honour my contract but it all depends on the fans, the president and directors.”

Rivaldo recently signed a new contract which ties him to Barcelona until 2003 - and crucially also gives the club a final say in any decision to let him leave.

“It gives me great pleasure to see my name linked with clubs like Manchester United and Milan,” he told the Independent.

“However, when I signed my improved contract I gave Barcelona all the say in any transfer. At the moment it is up to Barcelona to decide.”