Ég fékk þessa grein af <a href="http://www.3dactioncs.net/“>www.3dactioncs.net</a>

Just for some background reference, I would like to introduce myself. I go under the name skalmanxl, I'm 21 years old, I'm swedish. I also work for swedens biggest HL site www.halflife.nu and I am the ”boss“ of the SiX mod (www.halflife.nu/six). I have played CS since day 1, I was there that day when it was released, and I played it all the weekend. It totally blew me away, wow, this was one kick ass mod. And I emphasise, WAS!

I played it for ages, with ping that was between 350-550 at all times. I never used my ping as an excuse for not playing good at times, I used to manage quite good actually. I have now realized that the latest betas…really hasn't added ANYTHING to the mod. Sure, we have the new netcode, we have some new levels, some new guns and player models, the looks have changed, but not the feel. (I do not think of the netcode as a feature in the mod itself since it is made by Valve and are in every mod nowadays). It actually feels like the mod is taking steps backwards in its development. I mean, drivable viechles, I don't get it, they don't work properly, and they are seldom used for anything good ingame. Mappers like to spice up their maps with cars, APC's, tanks and whatever…for what use…playtime (kiddie- style)?

People complain alot about some newbies that won't ”teamplay“, how are they supposed to do that, when the mod itself don't actually aim towards teamplay? Now I sense that alot of angry people think that I'm full of shit, but as a matter of fact, that most players don't give a flying fuck about being a part of a team, they want to get frags! CS has turned into as deathmatch mod with a fancy suit. Gooseman hasn't really done anything to change this, no on the contraty, he actually REMOVED the escape scenario, which REALLY need teamplay to be successfull, people didn't like to play as the ”underdog“ Gooseman stated, and removed the ES scenario. Wrong I say, people ain't intelligent enough to play as a part of a team, that is why they didn't like ES. I loved ES, it was intense and required alot of cooperation with the people on your team…but most people are too stupid to play ES.

Sure, the official maps for ES wasn't great, but the CS team, never gave it a real chance. They never tried to improve the situation, they did the most simple (and stupid) thing they could, they removed it. The situation I am speaking of, is public servers, when you play in a clan in more organzied matches, everything is diffrent, just want to make a note of it. I feel that the players don't get much for downloading update files of 30 megs, since the content mainly is new maps…and maybe some models. But gameplay wise, we ain't getting anything new, on the contrary, we are getting less and less. I don't hold a grudge against Gooseman, I don't know, and I have never spoken to him. But I have played every beta of his mod, and I know for a fact, that in the recent betas, the mod has gone from top-notch, to a medicore one. It looks good, but plays terrible. Don't make the mod to be a TP one, when it actually is more a DM mod on the public servers.

Just to make an example, de_dust must probably be one of the most loved maps EVER, for ANY game. But how much teamplay is there actually on DM_DUST! Not much…two rushpoints, the ones with the fastest reflexes win, simple as that. I don't mean to piss DaveJ the creator of dm_dust off, but this is a well stated fact, for my own personal opinion, I think dust is one of the worst maps I have ever played, but that is just me. I know that I piss alot of you people off…and so be it. I have my opinion, you have yours, I have stopped playing CS you still play it (probably, would you visit a CS site otherwise?). Sure, you people can mail and say what you think, but most of the time, when people complain on me, they just sound pathetic with their wide use of profanity, namecalling and other childlish things. Remember…I don't complain about your opinion…neither do I have anything against the people who works with CS.

Written by: <a href=”mailto:skalmanxl@halflife.nu">skalmanxl</a>

Mér finnst mikið til í þessu hjá honum… það er erfitt að fá fólk til að teamplaya. Ég hef bara spilað frá beta 6.5 en mér finnst samt eins og þetta hafi versnað síðan þá…

dArkpAcT