CPL Bans Custom Configs
Posted by Bender at 16:59:32 PDT - 19 comments
TheCPL has made a new move to ban all user configs. Its an interesting move, and I can see the arguemenst that it brings up. But, if you don't have the dexterity and deftness in your fingers to buy everything you need within the 5 seconds “buy time”, then you really shouldn't be in a professional competition. This new move really shouldn't effect any good players in any way.

In another slightly amusing surprise, CPL has announced that each player shall no longer be allowed to use a nickname.

In an effort to further professionalize the sport of competitive gaming, the CPL will no longer allow players to represent themselves with a nickname in league tournaments. The CPL now requires that all players use their surnames in official CPL matches.
For example, John Smith, formerly known as Wrecker from team ZBG, will now be ZBG|Smith. Variations to this format will be allowed for duplicate surnames within a team. All team tags will be uniform and subject to approval by the league.

Yes thats right.
Now if I go to a CPL with my team mates, I'll be called “Rhodes” and I'll have teammates called names such as “Starrenburg”, “Souvannavong” and “Bain”. I doubt if most clans out there would even know all the members last names, let alone their christian names.

Its an interesting move, one that might even add a bit more realism and professionalism to the game. I'm betting this move came about to get rid of unsightly names in specific clans, hence cleaning up the CPL's already brilliantly polished image.

þannig að nýja nikkið mitt er ccp | Ásmundsson

:P
<br><br>ccp|Ashtray