Fann þetta á forums á dayofdefeat.net og er áhugavert að lesa þetta.

Sjáið líka um þetta hér

En ég er mjög ánægður ef grenade springur nálægt við mann þá missir maður hljóðið í nokkrar sekúndur.

En Enfield verður tekinn út, karinn verður sá sami og hækkað verður recoil á byssunum eitthvað nema á á carbiner..
En lesið þetta..

Right I finally pieced this together from what has been posted so far in the beta testing thread. This will be updated as the beta testing continues and as more questions/answers are posted.

**UPDATE**
Added some more questions and answers, plus a link to in-game video's:
www.dod-infos.com

Firstly i will start with weapon's based questions:

Q - “do greandes show on soldiers bodies as they do in CSS?”
A - “No”

————————————-

Q - “So recoil is boosted a lot, but you can deploy in a lot more places… how does that affect balance and gameplay?

A - ”It takes some getting used too, but I did 79 and like 33 with the BAR in avalanche. It's VERY powerful, you just gotta know how to burst it now. Deploy on the BAR takes too long imo compared to the MGs considering the BARs clip size.“

A - ”You can still deploy the BAR. It still takes a while, though not as long. The MG deploy time seems instantaneous…“

————————————-

Q - ”Has the Garand changed at all? How about the Kar/Enfields?“

A - ”Garand has higher recoil, still takes 2 shots at most to kill. Kar is the same badass Kar. No enfield.“

A - ”I think all the guns have recoil kicked up a few notches except the carbine which feels like it has no recoil at all. The garand included.“

A - ”The increased recoil people were seeing is not intentional. We're aiming for the same recoil that is in the current DoD.“

————————————-

Q - ”How's the MG42? Any different?“

A - ”MG42 definitely feels more accurate, but i have to play with it more to actually note the difference. The steam effect from overheating also begins earlier and lasts longer adding the the visual department. The best part about the mg and any gun is the sound. In dod:s there is no ambience sound, all the sound is from a grenade or someone shooting. All the gunshots from afar a little burps, and you can distinctly hear an mg-42 a few bends around and you know to keep watch. Its really awesome. “

————————————-

Q:
also, is the mg deploy system just like 1.3 but and object at the right height can be mounted and also the added feature of crouch deploying?

A:
It really doesn't even have to be at the ”right“ height. I was running all over avalanche deploying on everything I could and it would crouch down to the correct level for me to shoot.

————————————-

Q - ”What about grenades at this point? Is the damage radius reduced/increased and is there a priming method?“

A - ”no priming right now, you can't pick up your own nade… though they do seem more “realistic” in the boom/power factor.“

A - ”No priming method and you cannot pick up your own grenades. Damage seems about the same as before but when your close to an explosion you lose your hearing for a few seconds. Also grenades+ragdolls = awesome“

————————————-

Q - ”Do MGs still have tracers? (Can't tell from those screenshots)“

A - ”Yes“

————————————-

Q - ”Has anyone seen anything regarding the mortar class or smoke grenades?“

A - ”Mortar class is in the class menu, but cannot be selected. No smoke nades thus far“

————————————-

Q - ”Is the panzershreck still in?“

A - ”Yes…and made for fun ragdoll effects “

————————————-

Q - ”Is it still similar in terms of being poo as a weapon, and useful as a tool.“

A - ”For the most part…but it seemed to me to take a long time between shots before it would let you reload. “

————————————-

Q - ” Is it possible to pick up pistols? and pistol ammo?“

A - ”no“

————————————-
==================================
————————————-

Right now for gameplay based question's:

————————————-

Q - ”Is it still possible to do ‘stopound’?“
A - ”Its not possible to do “stopsound” unless, I believe, sv_cheats 1 is on.“

————————————-

Q - ”Have Iron Sights been implemented?“
A - ”No“

————————————-

Q - ”Is there leaning?“
A - ”No“

————————————-

Q - ”how many players do the maps support?“

A - ”I think upto 34“

————————————-

Q - ”How is the material system affecting gameplay? “

A - ”the material system doesn't add much except different sounds, such as grenades hitting wood sounds different than hitting dirt. There might be some attributes i haven't noticed yet “

————————————-

Q - ”Most importantly, voice_negative still have the same amount of charm? What about bazookaspotted? DROP YOUR WEAPONS?“

A - ”The voice commands are less like yelling and more like commanding. Except for stuff like “Grenade!”“

————————————-

Q - ”Is running and spraying a little less effective now?“

A - ”The game felt faster paced for some reason. It was either that the server was filled with high caliber players or the speed was picked up a bit. Moving to a new engine and physics system means that the exact rates won't transfer over the same but they seem pretty dead on with current dod.“

————————————-

Q - ”Has sprinting and stamina changed at all? Can you run for longer periods of time? Does the stamina still disappear in chunks, or it is a smoother drain?“

A - ”Much smoother. One of the things I love actually.“

————————————-

Q - ”Can any physics objects actually harm the players? I know CS:S doesn't have this, barrels can drop on players and not do a thing.“

A - ”Not that I've seen.“

————————————-

Q - ”Are there any new animations or models at all?“

A - ”I really don't think what we're seeing as far as models is final…they are better looking than the current ones, but basically look like the ones in the new screenies“

————————————-

Q - ”Sandbags, do they look different, is there a cool thump sound when hit?“

A - ”Yes and yes.“

————————————-

Q - ”Do nades send debris flying at you with enough force that you take damage?“

A - ”Not that I saw.“

————————————-

Q - ”Do 3d skyboxes seem to stretch further than CS:S?“

A - ”There are immense landscapes visible in Flash….Only two maps makes it hard to make a judgement call on this.“

————————————-

Q ”do you see your shadow?“

A - ”yes“

————————————-

Q - ”Is the voice com. proximity?“

A - ”If you're talking about mics, no. Same voice system we have currently. You can here the selectable voice commands in proximity, mics all over.“

————————————-

Q - ”Has the sniping system undergone any changes?“

A - ”You can still scopewalk. No changes I noted“

————————————-

Q - ”Does strafe shooting still work the way it used to?“

A - ”It didn't seem as effective to me…but my comp runs at really cruddy FPS“

————————————-

Q - ”How are the maps in terms of complexity?“

A - ”Maps essentially have the same layout for the most part. Some extras have been added, especially along the model/furniture lines. “

————————————-

Q - ”How long do the ragdoll corpses stick around?“

A - ”They seem to stick around for awhile, but the game was moving so fast, it was hard to really pay attention.“

————————————-

Q - ”Are there decals on players/bodies when they get hit, like in HL2/CS:S?“

A - ”Yes, the models get all bloody when injured“

————————————-

Q - ”Is the deatcam still in, or is there a fade to black? Or something entirely new?“

A - ”Seemed to be same old deathcam to me. Don't know if fadetoblack is an option“

————————————-

Q - ”How are the new voice commands? Aside from the increased variety, how's the actual voice acting?“

A - ”Didn't really see any new commands…though I didn't really check through completely and never really use them in regular DOD. They do sound great though “

————————————-

Q - ”Do helmet still pop off? If so, are they physics objects now?“

A - ”Yes. I do believe you could shoot at them…but not 100% sure“

————————————-

Q - ”How about dropped weapons?“

A - ”Noticed them flying due to nades…but didn't try shooting at them.“

————————————-

Q - ”Does strafe shooting still work the way it used to?“

A - ”yes“

————————————-

Q - ”How long do the ragdoll corpses stick around?“

A - ”Really long“

————————————-

Q - ”Do your steps still “jingle”/is it easier to hear someone coming?“

A - ”our footsteps now make noises based on your speed and the material you are walking on. sneaking is effective, sprinting gives you away “

————————————-

Q - ”Are the ricochet and bullet whizz sounds intense?“

A - ”Yes…intense and you can see the tracers coming. WHat you really hear however…is the sound of firefights in the distance. You get the soundscape to runa low-level ambient for you and then the sounds of real combat fill in the blanks…especially gratifying are the pings and whizzes and the chunks of stuff flying all over. The nade explosions rattle and you get the debris sound (tiny pebbles).
So far…the sound is awesome (and I've never used that word before in the forums…ever)“

————————————-

Q - ”Is bleeding back or not? “

A - ”No, no bleeding.“

————————————-
————————————-

Performance related qeustion's:

Q - ”How are the hitboxes in dod:s, as they are terrible in cs:s?“

A - ”I have had no problems with hitboxes except sometimes when someones prone its off a little“

————————————-

Q - ”does the game run smoothly? (i guess this would depend on your machine) “

A - ”the game is very system intensive, or so I've gathered. Once more than 12 people on each team, the lag started too “

————————————-

Q - ”How does it run compared to CS:S?“

A - ”CS Source runs a bit better for me. This ran about as well as HL2DM runs for me “

————————————-
————————————-

Finally i just peiced together some interesting random opinion's/statements from some of the beta testers.

”The makeup of the testers:
*Valve personnel, duh!
*Many/most dod forum mods/admins
*Several CAL admins
*At least 2 CAL-I level players
*At least 2 high level Euro players
*Players from NA and Europe
*Several top individuals from the custom community “

————————————-

”well I played a drinking game tonight with several of the other testers:

whenever anyone said “bug report” I took a shot. Needless to say I'm a tipsy right now.“

————————————-

”The game is FANTASTIC. Recoil has been cranked up so far, and the respawn bug (Easy to fix I assume) is actually funny as hell.“

————————————-

The physics engine really adds a whole new level of ”holy that was awesome“ to the game. See that sniper in the window? Toss a nade in there, BOOM! he comes flying out half way across the map and splats on the ground. Very satisfying indeed.

The sound engine is the best part IMHO. THere is no pre-canned ambient gunfinre anymore. All thge gun fire you hear in the game is actual player fire, just muffled according to distance – it makes for really tense moments when no one is shooting, and a great buildup when you march from spawn to action as the noise gets louder and louder until your ontop of the bastige 4 MG42's who won't f'ing morve fromt he same damn sandbags in flash…!!! ”
//Skari