“GS: How would you compare the development process for the original Half-Life and what you've been through with Half-Life 2?
GN: With Half-Life we were trying to build the company at the same time as we were building the game. It was not a whole lot of fun to try to do both of those things at the same time. With Half-Life 2, we have a much better team and a much stronger team. Everybody from Half-Life has been through it before. People had at lot more confidence in terms of taking risks that those risks would pay off.

In a lot of ways–except for the fact that it's taken an unbelievably long time to do–Half-Life 2 has been a lot more fun for us than Half-Life.

GS: Everybody wants to know when Half-Life 2 will be in stores. What can you say about the release date?

GN: I hate release dates because no matter how hard we try, we screw them up. We held back talking about our release date going into September 30 because I wanted to have a much clearer idea of what day we were going to ship on.

Right now all we can say is holidays of this year, which to me feels really unfortunate. Our customers really want to know. They say, ”Tell us what the date is going to be,“ and that's what they want to hear. They're fine with what the date is; they just want to know so they can plan accordingly.”

tekið af <a href="http://www.planethalflife.com">www.planethalflife.com</a> en einu sinni :)
————————