“just visited HL2Central.net and read their most recent news post. I figured it would make a good post for all those that don't visit any other news sites. The post was about a fake email announcement sent out to news sites. After reading the post on HL2Central.net I checked our news submittion email here, and of course, the same email they speak of was in our inbox. So, here it is:
My apoligies to those affected by the e-mail that made it's way around
news sites in past hours. Unfortunately it was nothing more than a cruel
joke. Doug Lombardi sent no such e-mail.

I can assure you there is no such Half-Life 2 delay, and that details
regarding the release will be made public in coming days. Expect the
tech-demo and SDK to be released on or prior to the 30th.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,
Gabe Newell
This email was supposedly sent out from gaben@valvesoftware.com, however, as HL2Central.net discovered, it did not actually originate from Valve at all. HL2Central.net and City-17.net can confirm that the email from Doug Lombardi, stating Half-Life 2 is delayed, is genuine.

Update: To avoid confusion, the only fake email is the one above, supposedly from Gabe stating that Half-Life 2 isn't delayed. That was fake and was traced to Brisbane, Australia. The Delay email from Doug Lombardi is not fake. We traced this directly to Valve.

Update: This is for those who still don't understand why this email was posted, and where it came from. At the time of posting, HL2Central.net had a post on their webpage about the email that is in my post here. Because they were the first webpage to have any information about this email, I gave them credit for it. Now, because there were only 3 sites targeted by this fake email, they found no point in keeping the post on the site, so they removed it. Now, that makes my post seem to be in the wrong. However, it is not. If you still don't understand, well then I can do nothing more for you.”

Tekið af <a href="http://www.city-17.net/">http://www.city-17.net/</a
————————