Got asked by some ppl how to turn demo to avi.
Here is one way of doing so. :)

Demo to avi tutorial:

Gonna write in english (im not Icelandic) :)

Ok, first make sure you have demos you want in your cstrike directory and at least 2 gb (dependes how big of a movie u want to make)free space on your hard disk.

Go to CS and set your resolution to something low (512x384 is ok). Now go to console and write "timedemo [demoname]“. Let the demo play to the end (don't be suprised if the demo is playing faster than normal).
— ”timedemo“ will cache your demo so it is easier to read afterwoods (we'll come to that in a min).

Now, when done with timedemo write ”playdemo [demoname]“ in console. Once it's playing and you come to a part that you want to turn into a movie write ”startmovie [moviename]“ in console (DONT GET WORRIED ABOUT CS LAGGING AND FPS BEING LOW. The comp is busy
capturing and can't show graphics as it should). When you are done with the part write ”endmovie“. (BE SURE TO HAVE DISK SPACE BEFORE DOING THIS! even 10 sec can take a couple of hundred mb on the hard disk).

Note: Sound is not recorded. If you want to record the sound you have to find some other way of doing so.

Ok let me explain what ”startmovie“ does first so it will be easier to understand.
When you write, e.g. ”startmovie mymovie“, half life creates a file called ”mymovie“ … there is no extension, so the file is called ”mymovie“ and not ”mymovie.avi“ or ”mymovie.something“

Now you have to download a small program called <a href=”http://www.planethalflife.com/dl/dl.asp?planethalflife/wavelength/2dart/mkmovie.zip“>mkmovie</a> (think the URL should work)

After you download it copy the file you created in the half life directory and mkmovie.exe (extracted from mkmovie.zip) into a new directory of your choice.
There, drag your half life movie file on to mkmovie.exe.
This will create A LOT of bmp images.
These images would be similar as if you pressed F5 (take screenshot) many times in each second.

So, now you have a image sequence of the part you want to turn into a movie. To put it together you have to have some kind of video program.
A good free program is <a href=”http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10079-100-6442423.html?tag=st.dl.10001-103-1.lst-7-1.6442423">Video Mach</a>

I'm not going to explain how to use this program, if you are going to make a CS movie you should have some knowledge of video codecs
and video programs.

For MurK CS video I didn't use this method up there and won't explain what I did in here as it's should be in another tutorial.

ClanBase video was done with the method listed above though.
Also I didn't use Video Mach but I dont want to get into trouble here giving away warez I used ;)

Hope this helps.

daathian