(Stolið af Clanbase og heimasíðu CPL)
<a href=“www.clanbase.com” class=“ulink” target=“bla”>www.clanbase.com</a>
<a href=“www.thecpl.com” class=“ulink” target=“bla”>www.thecpl.com
</a>

Gaman fyrir íslensku clönin :)

In another statement the CPL announces it will be using player surnames from now on:

In an effort to further professionalize the sport of competitive gaming, the CPL will no longer allow players to represent themselves with a nickname in league tournaments. The CPL now requires that all players use their surnames in official CPL matches.

I guess football isn't a professional sport in Brazil then; what with players using nicknames like Pele… .
The CPL will also uniformise clan tags. Ordnung muss sein!

In an effort to further professionalize the sport of competitive gaming, the CPL will no longer allow players to represent themselves with a nickname in league tournaments. The CPL now requires that all players use their surnames in official CPL matches.
For example, John Smith, formerly known as Wrecker from team ZBG, will now be ZBG|Smith. Variations to this format will be allowed for duplicate surnames within a team. All team tags will be uniform and subject to approval by the league.

The Cyberathlete Amateur League (CAL) will also adopt this naming format for all Counter-Strike divisions in Season 3.

Og meira:
The CPL has just released a statement in which they basically say that any form of config editing is not allowed anymore. They will disable the console in their qualifiers and tournaments and they will have a special menu in CS to set up some of the ‘legal’ binds.

“The modified configuration menu includes such additions as numeric mouse sensitivity input, a crosshair color selector, and it is designed to retain all the needed configurations once only available at the console.”

<a href=“www.thecpl.com/images/csmenu.gif” class=“ulink” target=“bla”>The modified in-game menu can be viewed here:</a>

I personally don't understand this, as every player is different and every player has different configuration preferences. Config editing has been allowed in all games, even the most extreme cases of config editing are allowed in Quake3 for example, so why it shouldn't be allowed in CS is a mystery to me.