Punktur Net Eg skrifadi thetta original a ensku, en eg geri rad fyrir ad thid kunnid ad lesa.

There just a few things I have to tell everyone about when it comes to .NET… You may all go, “Why should I care?” Well, there are a number of objectives for .NET for developers in all camps.

Objective 1: User-Interface. Make the user interface easy to program and easy to use. The new Windows XP is a prime example of an operating system that will use .NET natively for the UI.

Objective 2: Data Management. The new ADO.NET has slimmed and trimmed itself down, while toning and shaping its data-oriented muscles. It may not look like the ADO you are used to, but it's been re-thought to reduce the number of objects you need to remember and use. Very nice.

Objective 3: Web-page templating. The new Visual Studio.NET interface will allow web designers to rapidly build fully functional websites. You'll be able to use common elements from the .NET library to insert into your web pages, without the difficulty of rebuilding the wiring over and over again.

Objective 4: Middleware. This is my favorite aspect of the system. I've already been designing and building middleware systems since early last year and the company I work for has already benefit from the planning and work done building the middle layer software components. .NET makes this WAY easier by eliminating the headaches associated with developing COM components. You can write the components and have them immediately available for use in your standalone or distributed application. You can also make your components web services, so SOAP compliant clients can communicate and develop solutions based off of your new .NET components.

Objective 5: Language neutrality. .NET is a framework, not a language. Any language ported to the .NET framework can build components for the .NET environment, and interoperate easily with other software developed in other languages written for .NET… Write a component in C# and call it from a Perl.NET program.
- Moose ltd. -