Hér koma fullt af quotum úr FOTR sem koma úr kvikmyndadagatali.
Næstum allar þessar setningar líta vel út og minna mjög á mál Tolkiens þrátt fyrir að sumar séu dálítið breyttar

Varúð SPOILERAR og ÞETTA ER MIKIÐ:)

<b>Gandalf:</b></b> “A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.”

<b>Gandalf:</b> “Life in the wide world goes on much as it has this past Age. Full of its own comings and goings, scarce noticing the existence of Hobbits.”

<b>Gandalf:</b> “Ah, the long expected party! I see your Uncle Bilbo’s still turning Hobbiton on its head.”

<b>Hamfast:</b> “You can say what you like about mad Baggins, but no one keeps a better table.”

<b>Bilbo:</b> “I feel thin-sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread. . . .I need a holiday-a very long holiday.”

<b>Bilbo:</b> “The thing about resolutions, I find is . . .there’s always tomorrow.”

<b>Bilbo:</b> “Gandalf, my old friend . . .this will be a night to remember!”

<b>Bilbo:</b> “I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

<b>Gandalf:</b> “There are many magic Rings in this world, Bilbo Baggins, and none of them should be used lightly.”

<b>Gandalf:</b> “Bilbo Baggins, do not take me for some conjuror of cheap tricks!”

<b>Bilbo:</b> “I’ve thought of an ending for my book. . . .“And he lived happily ever after to the end of his days.”

<b>Bilbo:</b> “The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone
And I must follow, if I can. “

<b>Gandalf:</b> “The Ring yearns, above all else, to return to the hand of its Master; they are one, the Ring and the Dark Lord. Frodo, he must never find it / You cannot offer me this Ring . . . through me it would wield a power too great and terrible to imagine. Do not tempt me Frodo / My dear Frodo, Hobbits really are amazing creatures. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you at a pinch / Always remember this, Frodo. The Ring is trying to get back to its Master . . . it wants to be found.”

<b>Sam:</b> “If I take one more step, it’ll be the farthest from Home I’ve ever been.”

<b>Song:</b> “Gilthoniel! O Elbereth! Clear are thy eyes and bright thy breath! Snow-white! Snow-white! We sing to thee. In a far land beyond the Sea.”

<b>Saruman:</b> “Tell me, Gandalf the Grey, you - to whom so many look for guidance . . . how is it you can be so blind? / The world is changed, Gandalf. A new Age is at hand … the Age of Men, which we must rule / Are we not Istari? Within this frail human form does not the spirit of a Maiar live? / I gave you the chance of aiding me willingly, but you have elected the way of pain.”

<b>Pippin:</b> “Frodo’s my second cousin once-removed on his mother’s side and my third cousin twice-removed on his father’s side, if you follow me.”

<b>Sam:</b> “Let him go or I’ll have you, Longshanks!”

<b>Strider:</b> “You have a stout heart, little hobbit, but your courage alone will not save you. / They were Kings … great Kings of Men. Sauron gave to them Nine Rings of Power and with them the promise of eternal rule … unending life. / They took the Rings without question … and one by one, regardless of their strength to good or evil … they fell. / They are the Nazgul, Ringwraiths, the Nine Servants of
Sauron.”

<b>Merry:</b> “How do we know Strider’s a friend of Gandalf’s?

<b>Frodo:</b> “I think a servant of the Enemy would look fairer but feel fouler … we must trust him.”

<b>WitchKing:</b> “Give up the Halfling, She-Elf!”

<b>Elrond:</b> “Frodo, lasto beth nin, tolo dan na ngalad. ( Frodo, hear my voice, come back to the light.) / His strength returns, but the wound will never fully heal. / To what Frodo will come in the end I cannot tell.”

<b>Gandalf:</b> “Not to evil I think. He may become like a glass filled with clear light for eyes to see that can.”

<b>Legolas:</b> “This is no mere Ranger: He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn and you owe him your allegiance.”

<b>Elrond:</b> “Did I know the Ring would be found? No, it is what I feared. / The Ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom … only there can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came.”

<b>Boromir:</b> “You do not just walk into Mordor … It is a folly.”

<b>Gandalf:</b> “Let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy … He will not think that, having the Ring, we may seek to destroy it.”

<b>Frodo:</b> “I will take it … I will take the Ring to Mordor … though I do not know the way.”

<b>Gandalf:</b> “So it often is with the deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must. / I will help you bear this burden, Frodo Baggins, as long as it is yours to bear.”

<b>Aragorn:</b> “If by my life or death I can protect you, I will - you have my sword.”

<b>Boromir:</b> “You carry the fate of all of us little one.”

<b>Arwen:</b> “The light of the Evenstar does not wax and wane … it is constant, even in the greatest darkness.”

<b>Aragorn:</b> “I am Isildur’s heir, not Isildur himself. My fate is my own.”

<b>Elrond:</b> “The skills of the Elves can reforge the sword of Elendil - but only you can wield it. / Nai Tiruvantel ar varyuvantel I Valar tielyanna nu vilya. ( May the Valar protect you on your path under the sky.) / This indeed is the hour of the Shire folk. / Farewell, hold to your purpose and may the blessing of Elves and Men and all free folk go with you.”

<b>Saruman:</b> “Do you know how Orcs first came into being? They were once Elves. Taken by the Dark Powers in the First Age - tortured, mutilated - a ruined and terrible form of life, bred into a slave race.”

<b>Boromir:</b> “It is a strange fate the we suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing … such a little thing.”

<b>Gandalf:</b> “Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho i ruith! ( Sleep Caradhras, be still, lie still, hold your wrath!)”

<b>Gimli:</b> “Now you will see, Master Elf, one of the marvels of the Northern World.” (Moria)

<b>Boromir:</b> “This is not a mine … it’s a tomb.”

<b>Gandalf:</b> “Now we have but one choice … we must face the long dark of Moria. Be on your guard … there are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.

<b>Frodo:</b> “I wish the Ring had never come to me … I wish none of this had happened.”

<b>Gandalf:</b> “Fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity!”

<b>Gimli:</b> “Let them come! There is one Dwarf yet in Moria who still draws breath!”

<b>Gandalf:</b> “I think you’ll find there’s more to this hobbit than meets the eye.”

<b>Gandalf:</b> “You cannot pass! I am the servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass! The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow! You shall not pass!”

<b>Haldir:</b> “Orcs have dared enter Lothlorien; they will not leave it alive!”

<b>Boromir:</b> “You carry a heavy burden, Frodo - don’t carry the weight of the dead as well.”

<b>Galadriel:</b> “Your coming is to us as the footsteps of Doom. / The Quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all … Yet hope remains while the Company is true. / What you will see I cannot tell, for the mirror shows many things - things that were, things that are, and some things that have not yet come to pass. In place of the Dark Lord, you would have a Queen, not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Dawn! Treacherous as the Sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth … All shall love me and despair! / I pass the test. I will diminish and go into the West and remain and remain Galadriel. / You are a Ringbearer Frodo … to bear a Ring of Power is to be alone.”

<b>Galadriel:</b> “And what gift would a Dwarf ask of the Elves?”

<b>Gimli:</b> “Nothing, but to look upon the Lady of the Galadhrim one last time, for she is more fair than all the jewels beneath the earth … I have taken my worst wound in this parting, having looked my last upon that which is fairest.”

<b>Boromir:</b> “You are quick enough to trust the Elves. Have you so little faith in your own people? Yes, there is weakness - there is frailty - but there is courage also, and honor to be found in Men.”

<b>Legolas:</b> “A shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind. Something draws near, I can feel it.”

<b>Aragorn:</b> “I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you - I will not let the White City fall, nor our people fail.”

<b>Bilbo:</b> “It is dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. … You step onto the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

<b>Barliman:</b> “He is one of them Rangers, dangerous folk they are. Wandering the wilds. What his right name is I've never heard: but he's known round here as Strider.”

<b>Strider:</b> “You're drawing far too much attention to yourself … Mr. Underhill.” / “To Rivendell, Master Gamgee – to the house of Elrond.”

<b>Ringwraiths:</b> “The Ring … The Ring … The Ring.”

<b>Strider:</b> “This is beyond my skill to heal. He needs Elvish medicine … We've got to get him to Rivendell.”

<b>Gandalf:</b> “There is only one Lord of the Ring … only one who can bend it to his will.”

<b>Elrond:</b> “Time wearies all of us – even those who do not measure it.” / “Nine companions to match the Nine Ringwraiths. So be it. You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring!”

<b>Bilbo:</b> “It's a pretty thing, isn't it? Mithril … light as a feather and as hard as dragon scales.”

<b>Gandalf:</b> “It is not the strength of the body that matters, but the strength of the spirit.”

<b>Saruman to Lurtz:</b> “Whom do you serve?”

<b>Gimli:</b> “Moria – Khazad-dum! Greatest of the Dwarf Halls – what I would not give to look on its treasures.”

<b>Gandalf:</b> “One must tread the path that need chooses.” / “Dwarf doors are invisible when closed. Their own masters cannot find them if their secret is forgotten.” / “Pedo mellon a minno … Speak, friend, and enter.” / “The wealth of Moria was not in gold or jewels but Mithril.”

<b>Haldir:</b> “Caras Galadhon … The heart of Elvendom on earth; realm of the Lord Celeborn and Galadriel, Lady of Light.”

<b>Galadriel:</b> “For you I have prepared this … the light of Earendil, our most beloved Star.” / “May it be a light for you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”

<b>Saruman:</b> The Grey Wizard is dead. His rag-tag Fellowship is leaderless. There is none left to defend it.”

<b>Aragorn:</b> “Amon Hen – the Hill of Sight. They say that all that moves for hundreds of miles around is revealed to one who sits upon the Seeing Seat. Such was the power of the ancients.”

<div style="height: 322px; font-size: 370px; background: #EDEDED url(http://www.simnet.is/hringur/lotr8d_files/image001.jpg) no-repeat“ align=”center“></div>

<br><br>————————————————————————————————–
”Spyrðu eigi Álfa ráða því þeir segja bæði já og nei."

Allt um Lord of the Rings:
www.simnet.is/hringu