Spilið Spilið gengur einhvern veigin út á það að vera bjargari
Middle-Earth. Þetta er leikur þar sem þú ert einn af föruneytinu og átt að komast á enda spilsins(giska Mount-Doom) og átt að gera útaf við hringinn. Þetta spil snýst um samvinnu keppanda og skipulagningu. Í spilinu átt þú að forðast það að spillast af hringnum eina og halda þér réttu megin á spillingar línunni. Þetta er víst mjög flókið spil og það eru alskonar spil sem þarf að draga og auðvitað teningur.

Þetta spil er hægt að kaupa á Amazon og þar eru líka Customer Reviews og ég ætla að sýna ykkur þau:

Overall, my friends and I enjoyed playing this game. Especially, because we destroyed the Ring in our first game (other groups had been unsuccessfull). But there are a few pitfalls:
1) It takes longer to set up the game and go through the rules than it takes to play it.
2) The rules are not in a linear order. (i.e. you better read them all and UNDERSTAND them before you play.)
3) The actions on some of the cards and boards are not clear. Better read the rules to be sure you understand them.
4) If you have a tendency to lose game pieces this is not the game for you.

Finally, a cooperative game that's actually fun. I suppose you could put RPGs into the same category, but something like D&D is not a game that you can play with two people in about an hour.

I brought the game on vacation last week, taught a couple young cousins (10 and 11 1/2) how to play and it quickly became a favorite for them. The mechanics of the game are easily learnt although there were a few places where the manual could have been a bit more explicit (the details are supplied on the board). Strategywise, the game can be learned reasonably well after a few plays through, so I have some doubts about whether this is a game that can be lasting fun like, say Monopoly or Scrabble (we'll have to wait for the test of time on this).

Cooperation is the key in this game, and that's where I think the game really shines. What I found happening while I played was that I was competing in many ways less against Sauron, then against myself. *I* wanted to be the one to save the ring and to complete the objectives of the game. In a way it really reflects the dynamics of the novels well in this respect.

This is definitely something to play with the junior-high aged kids in your family, and is one of a few games that may well turn them into better people.

While innovative in style and game play, The Lord of the Rings board game lacks some of the deeper strategy offered by games that cast players as opposing forces, even when set amidst a conflict as epic as that envisioned by J.R.R. Tolkein. The game's feel is different and unusual, and until you gain experience by playing the game through a few times, it seems to be a game of great possibility. After a time, however, the supply of new things to try and new places to visit is exhausted, lowering the replayability value of this fascinating game.

The core concepts are not different from a variety of other adventure games; you use a combination of skill and luck to journey to different areas, traveling and fighting your non-player opponents. However, in this incarnation, many factors have changed. Your enemies are no longer distinct, but blend into a “fighting line” along which you advance your piece. Similarly, traveling, hiding, and friendship, which could serve as the basis for encounters with creatures and other players, have been reduced to a line format. Thus, besides minor variations, the only factors that distinguish one area (called a “scenario board”) from another are the events that occur there. These events, taken from Tolkein's books, are translated into game terms in a variety of ways, some of them clever adaptations, while others seem unrelated to their effects on game play. Because of their importance, the events on the four scenario boards become the central elements in making game play decisions, so their unchanging nature is one of the elements that reduces replayability.

The players cooperate, advancing the same pieces and using items to aid each other as soon as themselves. This has the beneficial effect of giving players a chance to work together to defeat a great foe. Players can discuss strategies, attempting to determine which should be employed at each particular moment, and formulate backup plans in case the worst should befall. This type of cooperative puzzle-solving gives the game the human interactions it needs to stay viable and entertaining.

The fact that players work together also has the detrimental effect of making it irrelevant which item card was dealt to which player, as any player will use the necessary item when it is needed for the group. Additionally, since the items are the same from game to game, the randomization of the cards plays a very small role, so one game seems relatively like the next. Again, in the trade-off between replayability and creation of a rich gaming experience, replayability was sacrificed for the benefit of the game play.

This is not an easy game. There are a variety of ways to lose the game, ranging from being corrupted by the Dark Lord, Sauron, to letting too many events slip by in Mordor, to simply being unable to discard a required number of cards. However, there is only one way to win: reach the summit of Mt. Doom, with the ring bearer present, and destroy the ring without being corrupted by its influence. Additionally, there are three positions where Sauron may start, to adjust the game's difficulty level. Wait- does difficulty level adjustment equal replayability? Sadly, no. Changing Sauron's start position simply affects how much corruption you can withstand before losing the game; the strategies and game play are all the same.

The quality of this game is surprisingly high, a mark of many of Wizards of the Coast's products. The artwork has been done by John Howe, and each scene from J.R.R. Tolkein's books used in the game has been painted in a beautiful, semi-impressionist style. The item and character cards also feature paintings by this artist, making the game visually stunning. The playing pieces are also of a high quality- Wizards of the Coast could have supplied cheap plastic pieces, but instead chose to give hefty pieces of a smooth material (probably resin or coated wood). A Hall of Fame sheet, provided to allow you to record your score after each game and watch your skill improve, is a nice addition.

An expansion to this game is scheduled to be produced later in 2001. This expansion has the potential to greatly enhance an excellent, but not replayable, game. Additional rules and methods of interaction with other players would be some of the best potential additions this expansion could provide.

There are many reasons why you may wish to give The Lord of the Rings a look. If you tire of competitive games, or long to plan strategies with the aid of your fellow players, this game may be just what you seek. Any Tolkein fan will greatly appreciate the fine artwork and attention to detail this game provides, as well as all the reminders of the epic events in the novels. With a set of unique game mechanics, cooperative play, and high quality construction, The Lord of the Rings board game provides an amazing gaming experience, at least once or twice.

Nú ættuð þið að vita aðeins meira um spilið en ef þú hefur prófað þetta spil, lýstu því þá.