Snillingurinn George W. Bush George W. Bush sagði þetta í alvöru:

<b>“No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.”</b> George W. Bush 27. ágúst 1987

Við sem drögum Biblíuna í efa, þ.á.m. þúsundir húmanista og friðarsinna, erum sem sagt ekki verðugir borgarar í henni Ameríku. Þar er ein þjóð undir einum guð. Hvað með alla þá búddista sem búa í BNA? Hérna fyrir neðan eru fleiri spakmæli sem hafa fallið af vörum alheimslöggu nr. 1. Lesið og njótið. Treystið þið þessum manni?

“When I have been asked who caused the riots and the killing in LA, my answer has been direct & simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame.”

“It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.”

“The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation\'s history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.”

“We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe.”

“Mars is essentially in the same orbit…Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe.”

“People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history.”

“I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.”

“The future will be better tomorrow.”

“A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.”

“We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur.”

“I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.”

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system.“

”I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future.“

”Actually, I – this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about – when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me.“ –Hardball, MSNBC, May 31, 2000

”It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.“ –Reuters, May 5, 2000

”I think we agree, the past is over.“ –On his meeting with John McCain, Dallas Morning News, May 10, 2000

”I was raised in the West. The west of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California.“ –Los Angeles Times, April 8, 2000

”We want our teachers to be trained so they can meet the obligations; their obligations as teachers. We want them to know how to teach the science of reading. In order to make sure there's not this kind of federal cufflink.“ –Fritsche Middle School, Milwaukee, March 30, 2000

”The fact that he relies on facts – says things that are not factual – are going to undermine his campaign.“ –New York Times, March 4, 2000

”It is not Reaganesque to support a tax plan that is Clinton in nature.“ –Los Angeles, Feb. 23, 2000

”If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign.“ –Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

”How do you know if you don't measure if you have a system that simply suckles kids through?“ –Explaining the need for educational accountability, Beaufort, S.C.,Feb.16, 2000

”I think we need not only to eliminate the tollbooth to the middle class, I think we should knock down the tollbooth. –Nashua, N.H., as quoted by Gail Collins, New York Times, Feb. 1, 2000

“I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.” –Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

“This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses.” –At a South Carolina oyster roast; quoted in the Financial Times, Jan.14, 2000>>

“There needs to be debates, like we're going through. There needs to be townhall meetings. There needs to be travel. This is a huge country.” –Larry King Live, Dec. 16, 1999

“The important question is, How many hands have I shaked?” –Answering a question about why he hasn't spent more time in New Hampshire; quoted in the New York Times, Oct. 23, 1999

“Keep good relations with the Grecians.” –Quoted in the Economist, June 12, 1999

“I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating.” –U.S. News & World Report, April 3, 2000