He leaves a couple of coins on the table as well before heading out into the city night.

He leads Redknop to the right and down the road towards the large walled park area. Once inside he leads on a trail through the park to an open area near the pond with several benches. Sitting on one of these benches is a figure dressed in leather armour with an impressive array of weapons arranged about its person. Redknop thinks to himself that the figure looks a little too tall to be a gnome.

As they get closer, Bromley calls out and the figure stands. The figure approaches, and in the moonlight Redknop sees that Bromley's ‘cousin’ is a human male. Looking a bit closer Redknop thinks he may see pointed ears.

The two spend a couple of minutes hugging, slapping shoulders, talking over each other and laughing.

Bromley finally introduces Redknop.

-Redknop, I'd like you to meet my cousin Janus. Janus this is a new friend of mine, Redknop.

Janus nods and shakes Redknops hand.

-Sure nice to meet you, Janus.

Redknop eyes the tall man suspiciously, then smiles and adds.

-Ain't you a bit too big to be counted for as a gnome?

Janus and Bromley laugh, and Janus answers.

-I have known and worked with Bromley for many years now. We met when I was helping the elders of his clan with a little problem of theirs. Since then I have been a ‘cousin’ to Clan Flangerhanger.

-It had to be something like that, because I've never in my life seen such a big gnome. I got kind of a scared for moment or two.

Redknop shares their laugh.

Janus laughs a little more then turns to Bromley.

-There is much to talk about. Come, I know a place near here.

Janus leads them out of the walled park and around to the right. After 5 minutes or so of walking he stops at a narrow three story wooden building. The sign out front proclaims it ‘The Dog and Duck.’

the three of them enter to find a small, dim taproom with about a dozen or so tables. Most are occupied but Janus leads to one by the fireplace.

As you make your way to the table, Bromley flags down a server and has drinks and food sent to the table. After the order arrives, Janus looks to Bromely. I am very glad that you are here. The timing of your arrival is most fortunate. You see, we have a little problem that should be right up your alley.

Bromley takes a bite of cheese and a sip of ale. Go on, do continue.

Janus takes a sip and goes on.

-As you know, I've been in this area for many years now. There's a town, a village really, about a day or so ride west of here on the coast. Mulaspyr, some fishing and farming, that sort of thing. There's also the Emerald Woods, one of the last large forested areas in Sembia with a few communities of elves still guarding it.

He takes another sip and continues.

-Anyway, just outside of town there is an open temple, The Glade of the Raven. I've been going there and helping them out on and off for a number of years. Last week, one of their most treasured possessions was stolen. I spent a few day searching for it but to no avail. Then I remembered that you were due in town so I hightailed it here. What do you think?

Redknop scratches his head and seems puzzled. But after a while his mouth forms a smile and he quickly turns to Janus, the big gnome and says:

-Well, I would never want to known for turning away from a gnome in need!

He smiles at his own cracks and adds.

-Of course we'll help. Wouldn't want that holy item to be lost, in the clutches of evil.

Bromley smiles.

-Of course I'll help you Janus. And I'm glad to hear that you're in as well Redknop. The three of us should be able to find the missing piece in no time.

Bromley smiles and takes another bite.

-Besides, it's on the way.

-But do you have any more information that you could give us? What was the piece alike? Who would want to steal it and so on?

Redknop asks.

Janus takes a drink then replies.

-The item that was stolen was a book, ‘The Testament of Greater Prayers’. It is a massive book covered in red velvet with gold embossing and silk trimmings. No one knows the exact origin of the Testament. Some say that it was a gift from a god, while others hold that it was created by a legendary priest of extreme wisdom.

He takes a couple of bites of food while forming his thoughts.

-I don't know much about the contents of the book, but have been told that it contains powerful and rare magic designed to talk to the gods themselves. As for who stole it, I don't know. I tried tracking the thieves the next morning when the theft was discovered but to no avail. Either they were very good or they had magical aid. As of the time I started here to meet with Bromley, about a day and a half ago, nothing new was known about the thieves.

-This sounds terrible.

Redknop says and takes another zip from the drink.

-But you can count me in!

Bromley nods his agreement.

-I'm in to old friend.

Janus smiles.

-Excellent. We should leave at first light. With gnomish legs it will take us a day and a half to reach Mulaspyr.

-By gods, you have a tall family. But I guess that you are not a gnome, right?

Redknop says and smiles to Bromley. He finds this all a little amusing, but remembers his manners and the reason why they're here. Then he adds

-Yes, I am a worker of wonders, a priest of the magnificent Gond, the worker of wonders.

Redknop bows humbly and smiles to the elvish looking man.

Janus nods.

-Ah, a Gondian. This should make for an interesting group.

He takes up his mug in a toast.

-Here's to Tymora's blessings on us and Beshaba's curses on our foes.

-And here's to gnomes, tall or small!

Redknops adds and raises his mug.