There are few who notice two small gnomes that move quickly through the busy streets of Selgaunt. Redknop and Bromley practically stay unnoticed as they find their way through network of narrow streets and alleys, until they stand before a two-storey building. Over the front door a sign hangs, picturing a pony. Redknop figures that this most be the inn that Bromley spoke of.

-Ah, this looks nice.

Redknop says as he sees the establishment.

He follows Bromley into the inn and walks up to the counter.

-Good day to you, sir Innkeeper. I wish to rent a room for me and I guess that my friend will be needing another one.

Bromley chimes in.

-Yes my good man, that will be two rooms for a couple of days.

The innkeeper, a short balding man, nods back.

-Seven copper a night, up front, more if you need stabling for your mount.

He takes their coins and hands each of them a key. Pointing to the stairs.

-Two flights up, down the hall, last two rooms on your right. Enjoy your stay.

Redknop finds the suitable amount and adds another silver piece. He leans over to the innkeeper.

-Could you make sure that my stay here is not ‘ready’ information?

The innkeeper takes the coins and gives Redknop a reassuring nod.

He smiles and walks up to where their rooms are. He opens the door and unpacks his backpack. When he's finished he goes over to Bromley’s room. He knocks gently on the door.

-Bromley, this is Redknop. I'll wait downstairs, in the common room.

He hears Bromleys muffled reply through the door.

-OK, I'll be down in a few moments.

Redknop walks down again and finds a seat near the bar. He orders some ale and waits for Bromley to meet him.

Down in the common room he’s pleased to see that it is not all that large, just the bar, a fireplace and a half dozen or so tables. Hopefully that means that the place doesn't get that crowded and noisy at nights. Since it is after breakfast and before lunch, the room is rather empty. Besides Redknop and the innkeeper, there are only two other people in the room. He orders a drink and before he takes the first sip Bromley joins him and orders a drink of his own.

-Cheers to ya friend. Welcome to Selgaunt.

He takes a drink then continues.

-I don't have to meet my friend until this evening, so the rest of the day is open. Anything you'd be wanting to do?

-I would love to go over to the Temple quarters and see the temples. It could be fun to act like real ‘tourists’ for day, seeing all this city has to offer.

Redknop drinks his ale and thinks for a while.

-Also, it's maybe a good idea to see if we can't find someone to help us. After all, there's only two of us, and I guess that sometimes, in the near future, we will need the assistance of a human-sized fighting type, if you catch my drift.

Bromley smiles and nods.

-Aye, playing a tourist for the day might be fun at that. But, there's no real Temple quarter. They're mostly scattered around the city instead of bunched up all in one place. Tends to keep the bloodshed down to a minimum that way.

He takes a sip as he listens to your other idea. He rubs his chin thoughtfully.

-Well, that might not be such a bad idea. I'm hoping that it won't come down to a round or two of fisticuffs, but there is always that possibility.

He takes another sip.

-Unless you get really lucky and come across someone else interested in your cause, you might wind up having to hire someone.

-Well, I am hoping to find someone sympathetic to our cause. But maybe you're right, maybe I’ll have to hire someone.

Redknop pauses for a moment and thinks about that for a while.

-How about we finish these ales and get our butts out on the streets? It's a fine day and I have a lot to see.

Redknop raises his mug in a salute. Then he downs it and wipes the foam from his upper lip and smiles.

-Ahh, ready when you are!

Bromley raises his mug in salute.
-Cheers

He downs the contents as well. He stands and heads for the door, holding it open.

-Shall we?

Once outside Bromley looks up and down the street, apparently getting his bearings straight.

-You said you wanted to see some temples? Well let us see what we can find.

They spend the afternoon wandering the streets, taking in the sights and sounds of this large and bustling city. Redknop sees many temples, some large and ornate, others much smaller and more humble. Among the ones he sees are temples dedicated to Lathander, Leira, Mystra, Oghma, Sune, Tymora, and Waukeen. Bromley says that there are probably a few others around but that they are much smaller, shrines rather than full-blown temples.

As Redknop finishes marvelling at the vast opulence of the Waukeen temple, he notices that the hour is getting late and the sun is beginning to set.

-When did you say that you were supposed to meet this friend of yours? Wasn't it sometime around supper?

Redknops belly grumbles about the lack of food.

-Do you think we should eat before that or after?

-Not until a bit later. We should have time to eat first. Shall we head back to ‘the Pony’?

-Sure thing.

Redknop turns around and heads off in the inns direction.

He realizes just how much of the city he’s seen when it takes him nearly half an hour to return to the inn. Trudging through the door they see one empty table left and flop themselves down. The lone server is soon at their side with mugs of ale, the same type they had earlier in the afternoon. She informs them that the meal choices are seafood stew or roasted chicken.

Bromley quickly drains the first mug of ale. He wipes the froth from his beard,

-Ah, that's just what I needed. I think I'll have the stew, and another round of ale of course. Redknop my friend, what will you be having?

-Oh my, that seafood stew sounds delicious. I'll have that and some bread. And of course, a mug of ale.

The server returns shortly with two helpings of seafood stew in a large bread bowl as well as two more mugs of ale. The stew is fresh and spicy.

While eating, Bromley speaks.

-After finishing this, I will need to go and meet my friend. You are welcome to come along if you would like, or you can stay here and get some rest.

-I'll tag along if you don't mind. I've got nothing better to do.

Redknop eats his stew greedily, because his stomach was as empty as the wide, open space.

-Who is it that you're seeing? Anyone a bloke like me should have heard off?

Bromley takes a drink and smiles.

-No one you would have heard of unless you happen to know him. I am meeting my cousin, he lives a day or so from Selgaunt, and when I know that I'm going to be in the area, I try to visit with him. He usually comes to the city and we meet up to trade news and stories and have a friendly drink or two. You may certainly come along if you would like.

-Thanks, don't mind if I do!

Redknop says and finishes the last bite from his meal.

Bromley nods in acknowledgment and turns his attention to his meal. Finally Bromley stands up.

-Shall we be off then?

-Yes.

Redknop answers and finishes his ale. He gets a silver coin from his pouch and leaves on the table for the waitress.

Bromley nods.

-Good then. Let's be off.