A tall figure wearing a cloak walked down the road. He had been on that road for 3 weeks always travelling toward this town. He came upon a hill overlooking the town, the night had already poured it's darkness over it and the lights in town despratly struggled not to be swallowed by it.

The figure walked don the hill and in to town. He walked past a billboard, on it was pinned a call for adventurers signed by Elaria Eranithia.
The figure stopped for a while and read the notice then walked onward in to town.

Finally it reached the marketplace, most of the booths were closed by now, but the blacksmith was still open. The figure walked slowly to the forge.

A old dwarf was forging an axe, he paused as the figure entered the room “Welcome stranger, now what can i do for ya.” spoke the dwarf in a cheerfull tone.
“I need you to sharpen my blade” said the figure, it's words cold and without any feeling.
“Aye then let me have it.”
In one gracefull movement the figure unsheated a mighty greatsword. The sword was nearly 7 ft in length and wider then any sword the dwarf had seen.
The figure laid the sword on the anvil. Then walked in to one of the corners of the room and sat down, and took of it's hood.
The figure turned out to be a human. His hair was as black as a raven's feather. His face was batlle worn, his eyes were black and empty.

“That's one large blade you've got there.” said the dwarf and examined the blade in his hands, and then started to sharpen it.

“Aye that should do it, doesn't get any sharper.”
The dwarf had finished.
The man slowly arose and walked over to the anvil. Without even checking the blade he sheated it in it's harness on his back. Then he let two gold coins fall on the anvil and the he walked of.

He walked over to the estate where the notice led him and there he stoped outside and waited.

Finally after half an hour he walked toward the door and knocked. after a while a servant came to the door, “Good evening sir what can i assist you with.”
“I am here beucause of the call for adventurers.” he said in a deep and dark voice. “Yes ofcourse sir, please just follow me.”
The servant walked in to a room, lit up by a fireplace. The walls were decorated with wepons and monstorus heads. “Now if you would just wait here sir, my master will by with you in a moment.”

To be continued……