Mig hefur lengi vel langað að spreyta mig á því að gera sögur um karakterana sem að ég hef spilað og nú ákvað ég að gera eitthvað í því og skrifa sögu um þann karakter sem að ég hef spilað lengst og held mest uppá.
Hareth Galanodel.

He ran. He ran as fast as he could run. The sound of the howling watchdogs at his fathers' mansion urged his feet to run faster. Through his mind raced a million thoughts, the primary one being to get out the city and to think. Think why this had all happened. Why did his father send an armed force to capture him? Was it because he had refused to carry on the legacy of his lineage? Sure enough, the men of his family had been sworn protectors to the creed of Heironious but he was not interested in carrying out some noble and dignifying tasks in the name of some silly god. And probably his father did not react all that well to the fact that he had declared himself as a thief and that he had been stealing ever since he was old enough.

But sending the guards and dogs after him, he could not believe that his father could be that cruel. But after all, his father never did hold him in high favors. It had been his older brother that had been the favorite, always trying to imitate their father in everything that he did. Suddenly he was torn away from his thoughts by a familiar voice.

“Hareth”. The soft melancholy voice of his brother Arod Galanodel echoed through his mind. He spun around and saw his brother in the shadows behind a large oak. “Arod! What are you doing here?” His brother did not answer but moved silently from the shadow of the large oak and held up a fine rapier. “I want you to have this my brother. This is the rapier our mothers father used in his profession, a profession I see you have also chosen.” Hareth was speechless so Arod continued. “This sword is named ”Moonwhisper“ and has descended through generations of men in her family, however, since she was an only child, her father and our grand-father Lathros Galanodel gave this sword to her. And as you guessed rightly by your expression our family name Galanodel comes not from our father but from our mother.” Arod swung the rapier in a circular motion and the blade glimmered white in the cold moonlight. “This blade was worn by our family founder Efrad Galanodel and has the blood of many upon its sharp blade. Efrad named it ”Moonwhisper“ as a token of gratitude to an elven prince that saved his life. Hence comes our family name and the name of the rapier.” “I really do not know what to say to this, Arod.” Hareth stammered. The once menacing figure his brother had appeared to him in the past vanished as a wisp of smoke and was replaced as a benevolent father figure. A figure he had desperately needed when he was young but was still appreciated now. “Go now Hareth and do not look back. And one more thing, do not forget the necklace you dropped.” Arod handed his brother a silver necklace with a rose hanging by the chain, a necklace their mother had often worn when she lived.

With that Hareth took to a sprint and managed to say with a low voice “Goodbye brother, I shall miss you.” Arod who was already on his way back the mansion heard this goodbye but remained silent nonetheless.
—————————-