Þetta er svooooooo langt að ég legg ekki í að nenna að þýða þetta, en þetta er mjög gaman að lesa þetta. Þetta er sem sagt af ráðstefnu þar sem að James Marsters (Spike) svara spurningum aðdáenda……..kannski smá spoilerar fyrir þá sem að eru ekki búnir með 6 seríuna!!!
July 14, 2002
Reported by Tara DiLullo, @N-Zone Magazine

TOWSON, MD (@N-Zone Buffy Guide) – Some of the hottest tickets around this summer for fans of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” were those for the ShoreLeave 24 convention held this July 12 – 14th in Towson, Maryland. In one of his rare East Coast appearances, actor James Marsters (“Spike the Vampire”) was a headlining guest for the weekend genre convention dedicated to all things Trek and sci-fi related. Pouncing on the rare opportunity, “Spike” fans came out in record numbers for a chance to catch one of the shows most popular actors relate some “Buffy” tales in the flesh.

Fans of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and Marsters, in particular, were everywhere at the con sporting pins, costumes and t-shirts exclaiming their love for the blonde vamp. Marsters originated the role of vampire villain, Spike, back in season two of the series. As show lore goes, James was hired as a one episode villain of the week until creator Joss Whedon decided to pair the peroxide haired vamp with an unholy and seriously twisted paramour known as “Drusilla” (played by Juliet Landau). The rest is history, as the pair known as the “Sid and Nancy of Sunnydale” quickly became fan favorites sticking around until the end of that season.

Regardless, fans gave James a standing ovation as he arrived on stage where he immediately opened the floor to questions from the packed house. He paced, walked and talked for seventy minutes on a wide range of fan induced topics including creator Joss Whedon, James’s new band, Ghost of the Robot as well as expertly fielding plenty of saucy questions from an adoring group of many female fans. He finished the session by singing and playing his original composition, “Smile” on acoustic guitar.

Q. Has becoming a sex-symbol redefined your persona any? Has it changed you fundamentally?
(Audience hoots and applauds while James blushes and acts coy)

JM: Uh, the girls that are breaking my heart are much prettier these days, that’s about the only difference [Laughs]
It’s a weird thing. I’ve always said I wanted to be kissing Buffy or kicking Buffy because you would be in the middle of the story then and I get to the kissing Buffy part and I’m always naked and Sarah is fully clothed, giggling at me and the teamsters are always very sensitive.
Basically, being a romantic interest means that you do have a lot less clothes on and I don’t have a particular need to keep my clothes on. I’ve been naked on stage in front of 500 people a night, 9 shows a week but at the same time in stage there is a dignity to it. [Giggles] In stage, you don’t go down to underwear until the final tech rehearsal and you don’t get naked until the very last rehearsal and there is a way to do it that has been done a hundred years before. On TV, there is no time for dignity. It’s like ‘Take it off! Get up there!’ So, you just kind of release into the maelstrom. How embarrassed am I?

Q. When you go into a McDonald’s, does the HappyMeal with legs comment ever come back to haunt you?

JM: [Laughs] I tried that once! They just stared at me. [Laughs] Yeah, that’s one of my favorite lines actually.

Q. Joss Whedon is responsible for Buffy I understand?
JM: Every move!

Q. Please thank him for what he has done. I’m a little bit of a romantic and all the sacrifices Spike made to get where he is, all the changes he made for Buffy – paid off.

JM: Yeah, the issue of redemption and how very hard it is to get. Yeah, I will thank him. I do thank him too much. [Laughs]
For the first two years of the show, I never really talked to the man because I was too nervous. In stage, writers don’t really have a lot of power so if you go to one and you tell them their work is really top notch, it’s just really a worker to a worker. But I was in a situation where the dude was my boss and I did NOT want to kiss his butt so I just completely avoided him. I think he thought I didn’t like him or something. But then when I thought I was off the show, I finally wrote him a letter just saying ‘You’re words just float an actor and make the job really easy.’ I can’t help myself! Two months ago I wrote him another letter and I was like ‘Dude, you’ve been helping me since he day after the day we met.’ It’s true. I haven’t had to worry about rent, I haven’t been bored artistically. I came down to LA pretty much to just make money. I didn’t want to be poor anymore, I didn’t want to die poor. I thought I would do anything down in Los Angeles because I was a big uppity stage actor and I was like ‘West Wing, Urkel, it’s all the same!” [Laughs]

Q: Did you really enjoy doing the musical?
JM: That was absolutely, incredibly terrifying! [Laughs]
I got off easy actually because I wasn’t asked to do anything that I don’t normally do. Joss, I hang out at his house sometimes and read Shakespeare with the gang and we sing. Joss knew that I sang and I sing in bars in LA and so all I had to do was sit around, skulk and sing and then almost bite a preacher.
The other cast members were really asked to do something that they were not prepared to do and to their credit, even though they were terrified, they really bored down and studied and no one more than Sarah. They didn’t hire her to be a musical actress and she was out in front on the thing. We didn’t know we could do a musical! Everyone was telling us we were crazy! We didn’t know Joss could write music!
There was potentially a lot of egg to be put on the faces of the actors so we were going into it as a company, terrified. Then Joss released some dailies of his first day of work – the dance with Xander and Anya, which was like the best piece of the whole thing, in my book, incredible. And we all started to realize that it was going to work and by the end of the shoot we were just on cloud nine.
When it came to so the next episode, which was a really cool script “Tabula Rasa,” we were a little bored! [Laughs] Where’s the music, the soundtrack?
As often happens on “Buffy,” we get terrified because of what they are going to ask us to do either emotionally or technically and we end up being proud we were able to get there. I’m really luck to be on a show where you are terrified after five, six, seven years. Most actors are really bored by now and we are not.

Q. Is Spike going to get anymore Buffy?
JM: [Chuckles] Man, I don’t know! I keep myself in the dark on purpose because it’s kind of refreshing to just be like Spike and not know and just fight for what you want week to week and hope you get it. I haven’t seen any other hot guys on set. [Laughs] I don’t know. At the end of the last season, they have me a soul but however, remember when the mom died? Remember how she got better right before she died? Joss does 180 degrees from where he is really going to go at first so giving me a soul is like ‘He’s Dead!’

(Audience boos!)

I don’t know! See, Spike doesn’t want Buffy anywhere near him right now because he is bad – he feels horrible, I think. If I was a vampire and I woke up to the fact that I had killed all these women and kids, I’d feel pretty bad. I really wouldn’t want my love to be dirtied by that so it is quite possible Spike is going to keep her really far away from him if possible.
(Audience grumbles in disapproval)
How many times after a “Buffy” episode are you like ‘Oh, I feel good now!’ NEVER!!!!

Q: First of all, I don’t know what you mean when you say Joss doesn’t give us what we want because we pretty much wanted you naked [Laughs]

JM: [Laughs] No, I think that was Marti [Noxon]. I am really serious. I don’t think Joss went there, I think it was Marti. She has a dirty mind. How much heat was there last year? Whoa! That was Marti’s year. As much as we talk about Joss, Marti is the Bomb! She is, like all the writers, using her personal life and she is incredibly brave about what she admits has happened to her. She has lived the life.

Q: Whose performance besides yours in the musical was the best?

JM: Sarah. She had to whip out dance moves at the end, she had a lot of songs. I think she was incredibly brave. You guys don’t know her like I do – she has a big work ethic but at the same time she likes control and she had to give up a lot of control to do that. Tony rocked too! I am so glad he is back. We need that guy!

Q: When do you go back to filming?

JM: July 25th.

ég tók bara úr það sem að snerti Buffy beint!!!!

kv. Spikesgirl