<TABLE STYLE=filter:glow(color=pink, strength=1)“> Og hér eru svo J. August og David B. viðtölin… </TABLE>

He showed up last season as the rough and tough rogue vamp hunter, this season he's joining forces with <i>Angel</i> to fight the good fight.

The WB: Tell me a little about your character on <i>Angel</i>.
J. August: My character's name is Charles Gunn. He's a self-appointed vampire hunter, we haven't discovered the reason yet, but I think there's a huge reason he does what he does. I love playing him, he's very dynamic, he has a lot of sides and a lot of dimension.
The WB: Your character originated in an episode last season. Was it always meant to become a regular character?
J. August: When I auditioned for the part it said, ”guest star, possible recurring, possible regular,“ it was always up in the air. Walking into that situation is really nerve wracking for an actor, you are really under the microscope. I had to really rely on my character. He's so sure, so confident I had to just stay there until it was done. It was fate really, everything just fell into place. Outside the audition I felt I didn't understand the character, so I called my manager and wasn't going to go in. Once I walked through the door, the veil came off and I understood everything. It clicked for me when I went in.
The WB: It's a pretty dark show, what is the general mood on the set?
J. August: Anything but dark, almost too light! The actors I work with are all hilarious. David does this dance after every take, Charisma and I teach each other dance moves (she teaches me ballet), Alexis is a really nice guy, he gives me financial advice.
The WB: How do you feel about the subject matter of <i>Angel</i>?
J. August: I love it. On my dressing room wall I have something that says, ”Why I call myself an activist," that is how I think of my character, he's a spiritual activist.
The WB: You've known since you were quite young that you wanted to be an actor, how does it feel to have a job as a series regular?
J. August: It really feels great. I have always wanted to be an actor and on a certain level this is like a graduation, but when you graduate from one thing you are at the beginning of another.
The WB: How did your family react to your career choice?
J. August: Well at first my mother was crushed because she wanted me to be a priest or a lawyer (I never caught the irony about that until just now). I was a really good student, I was really good at math, so people weren't expecting this. My mother went with me when I went to NY to audition for USC. She was totally against it until we saw Phantom of the Opera.
The WB: What was your first acting job?
J. August: The Cosby Show. I was in an acting camp in NY and the casting director saw me and asked me to audition.
The WB: You've done quite a bit of travelling, where is the most interesting place you've been?
J. August: I have to say Panama, my family's country of origin. I wasn't born there, but my parents were. It was always interesting to see where my parents grew up and how they lived. My grandmother still lives there so I go to visit her.
The WB: Where do you see yourself in five years?
J. August: I created a five-year plan when I moved to Los Angeles. It only included things I could control myself, not whether or not I'd have a series. I could control being a better actor, so the plan was to find a good class and do plays. I try to only do things I can learn from. I can't predict where I'll be, but I know I'll be a better actor and a better person. If you concentrate on those things everything else will fall into place.
The WB: What advice do you have for struggling actors?
J. August: Just connect to the joy of what you do. This could be the best time of your life.

<i>Copyright 2001 The WB Television Network</i>

David Boreanaz relates his experiences as an actor, his influences, and the pressure of being a vampire with a tortured soul.

The WB: What was it like when you first came out to Hollywood to pursue acting?
David: When I first moved to L.A., I had some friends and family out here. The first place I lived, ironically, was downtown. I lived in the artists' district downtown, I slept on a green couch, people were coming in and out of the room everyday and it was almost like, there I was, trying to find my way, confused, mixed up, trying to find any kind of help. And I was thrown into this big city.
The WB: Was it difficult?
David: There were some trying times and it was difficult. It is a lot of hard work, still is a lot of hard work. I'd have to say, I can share Cordelia's pain.
The WB: Tell us about how your first audition for <i>Angel</i> and your expectations.
David: When I first read the breakdown, it was an appealing character. To me, I didn't really think much of it at the time. I was just happy to be working. [laughs] I mean, it was something that came at a time in my life where things were just starting to move for me, personally and professionally.
The WB: After three seasons on <i>Buffy</i> the Vampire Slayer, was there pressure now that the character has become its own series?
David: I think that pressure is something that you bring upon yourself and I was fortunate enough to have two great parents who instilled a lot of confidence in myself and also a lot of humility. I learned just to take things for what they are, work hard, and be loose with it. And with those ingredients, along with great cast members and a great support team and being part of the whole, rather than being part of the given - I think it works out. Everytime I did an episode, there was something new to Angel. The character grew on me and it's been a great experience so far.
The WB: Who inspired you to become an actor?
David: When I was seven or eight my parents used to take me to New York to see Broadway shows. When I saw The King and I, I was blown away by Yul Brynner - not only by his performance but the way he handled himself when he came out afterwards to greet the crowd. His intensity and his passion was so vibrant and energetic that it kind of transcended - I connected with it.
The WB: And there's also The Magnificent Seven where Brynner played, of all things, a cowboy.
David: Yes, great film. I think Yul was a gambler - and I think Angel's character has a bit of that in him, and, you know, I tap into that.
The WB: What's something that people might not know about you?
David: I have a fear of heights.
The WB: How does that work when Angel is flying off buildings in the streets of L.A.?
David: [Laughs]…Well, we're very safe on the show. We have great stunt coordinators and everbody who works on the show is very particular. When we did stunts on <i>Buffy</i> and even on <i>Angel</i>, when we're high up, we are very safe and thorough. When you're involved with a group of people like that, then it makes things easier.
The WB: What's in store for Angel? Will he always have a tortured soul?
David: I take the character for what he is and I think every day there's something new and exciting about him that I learn with every script. Within each episode, I learn something different about the character. Yes, he has a tortured soul and he has a guilty conscience. But at the same time, he's trying to rebuild that and make amends, for his own true sanity, to make himself become a better person. And I think we'll see that happen slowly but surely. In the beginning, he sure is going to feel a lot pain, and he'll be suffering. But it will be humorous pain.

<i>Copyright 2000 The WB Television Network</i>
<br><br>:[ :[ :[ :[ :[ :[ :[ :[ :[ :[ :[ :[ :[ :[ :[ :[
–“Tell me the truth: how's my hair?”–
“Napoleon is always right!” -Boxer