Það sem þú vildir vita um Buffy en vissir ekki.... “Into every generation, a Slayer is born,” Giles intoned. “One girl, in all the world, a Chosen One. One born with the-”
Buffy joined him then, the two of them speaking together. “-the strength and skill to hunt the vampires-”
Until Giles broke off, letting Buffy finish the words alone. “To stop the spread of their evil blah blah, I’ve heard it, okay?”
(Words by Richie Tankersley Cusick. “The Harvest”)

Buffy was destined to be the Chosen One. Even before she moved to the Hellmouth, she exhibited the strength and skill of a Slayer.

Around the age of 8, Buffy’s and her favourite cousin, Celia's games were almost prophetic.

(In the photo) The two girls stood together with their arms around each other. Celia was wearing jeans and a tee shirt. Normal kid clothes. But Buffy was wearing her Power Girl costume. She’d been so into being Power Girl she never wanted to take that costume off.

Sadly a demon, Der Kindestod (meaning ‘Child Death’) murdered Celia before Buffy’s own eyes in a hospital.

Her lips were curved up in honour of the camera, but the smile didn’t reach her eyes. This was Buffy’s 8th birthday, when she hadn’t wanted a party because Celia couldn’t be there. Celia wasn’t ever coming to one of Buffy’s parties again. She was dead; She was gone. As a special treat, to try to cheer her up, Buffy’s father had taken her to the ice show for the very first time.
(“Here Be Monsters” by Cameron Dokey)

At the age of 15, Buffy was living the life of a popular, yet somewhat superficial teen at Hemery High in Los Angeles. That was before she met her first Watcher, Merrick. He told her of her calling, and though reluctant at first, Buffy (reluctantly) excepted her fate. Later, in an effort to avoid being ‘turned’ and to save Buffy’s life, Merrick killed himself. (See the original version of the 1992 movie, in the novel or comic: “The Origin”)

Buffy, after defeating Lothos (sorta evil vampire) burned down the school gym and was expelled. It was also that year that her parents, Joyce and Hank, filed for a divorce. The Powers That Be stepped in, and Joyce saw an ad in the paper about an art gallery opening in Sunnydale. So she and Buffy moved to the Hellmouth.

Once in Sunnydale, Buffy decided to make a fresh start. She assumed that no one knew of her calling or who she really was, so she could just pick up her old life again. No such luck. On her first day at Sunnydale High, Buffy met her new Watcher, Rupert Giles.

“Can I help you?” the man asked politely. He spoke with a British accent, and his expression was one of quiet intensity.
Buffy breathed a sigh of relief. “I was looking for some, well, books. I’m new.”
“Miss Summers,” the man said.
“Good call. I guess I’m the only new kid.”
“I’m Mr. Giles, the librarian.”
Buffy studied him for an instant. Tall, slender, with a refined sort of elegance, dressed in English tweeds and wools, a pinstripe shirt and tie. Kind eyes start back at her from behind thin wire-rimmed glasses.
“Great.” Buffy smiled. “So you have, uh-“
“I know what you’re after.”
He turned and led her to the checkout desk by the door. Buffy could see his office just behind it, but Mr. Giles obviously hadn’t meant to take her there. She watched curiously as he pulled a book out from beneath the counter and slid it toward her. Huge and leather bound, it bore a single word in gilt upon its cover.
VAMPYR
(Words by Richie Tankersley Cusick. “The Harvest”)

That day she also met her now, closest friends: Willow and Xander. That night she met one of the most important people in her life: Angel. Unbeknown to Buffy, Angel had observed her in LA. He had watched her being called. He had watched her stake her first vampire, and he had wanted to help her.

“I saw you before you became the Slayer.”
“What?”
“I watched you, and I saw you called. It was a bright afternoon out in front of your school. You walked down the steps… and… and I loved you.”
(Angel and Buffy. “Helpless”)

When Buffy found out that Angel was a vampire “Angel”, she was torn between her heart and her duty. Eventually neither won, and she did not see him again until “Prophecy Girl”. When a Giles found a prophecy of her death at the Master's hands. Buffy was understandably upset. She told Giles that she didn’t want to be the Slayer anymore.

“Giles, I’m 16 years old. I don’t wanna die.”

Though she finally excepted her fate, and went to the Master’s lair, where he bit her and then drowned her. It was her friend, Xander, who gave her CPR and brought her back to life.

In season 2, (Junior Year) Buffy returned from Summer Vacation, seemingly distant from her friends, and even Angel.

After Buffy had been killed by the vampire know as the Master, she had bottled up her feelings for a long time. All her fear and frustration had poured out in a long crying session in Angel’s arms.
(Words by Nancy Holder and Christopher Golden. “Blooded”)

Buffy and Angel grew closer that year, eventually falling in love. On her 17th birthday, they consummated their relationship.

”I love you. I try not to, but I can’t stop,“
”Me too…I can’t either.“
”Buffy, maybe we shouldn’t.“
”Don’t. Just kiss me.“
(Angel and Buffy. ”Surprise“)

Angel experiences a moment of true happiness and reverted to his evil ways, threatening and killing those she cared for the most. When Angel’s soul was finally restored, it was too late and in a moment of true bravery, Buffy was forced to send him to hell.

She left town that morning, believing her friends would be safer without her, and that she wasn’t wanted.

She went to Los Angeles, where she lived in a cheap hotel and worked as a waitress. There she met Lily (formerly ‘Chanterelle’), a girl who once was in a cult that worshipped vampires. Buffy saved them. When Lily’s boyfriend, Rickie went missing, she turned to Buffy for help.

“Can you help me?”
“Uh, I-I can't.”
“But… but that's who you are and stuff, right? I mean, you help people, and, you know…”
“I can't get into this. I'm sorry, Lily.”
“You, you know how to do stuff.”
“I don't. Not anymore.”
(Lily and Buffy. “Anne”)

Buffy feels bad for Lily, and pushes aside her own issues to help find Rickie. When she finds him he's dead. Also, he has aged about 60 years.

Buffy and Lily find a place, similar to hell, where people who had no where to turn had gone, and then be made into slaves, only to be worked until they were to old, and then they were thrown back onto the streets to die.

Buffy and Lily worked together to get the people out, eventually destroying ‘Ken’ (the demon/guy who lured teens in there) and sealing the entrance portal. Buffy realising that she didn’t have to be alone, that she still had a place where she belonged, returned to Sunnydale.

Over the next few weeks, Buffy fought to fit back into life after her stay in Los Angeles. She even found a new boyfriend. Scott Hope. Then Faith arrived.

When Buffy had died, even if only for a few minutes, a new Slayer, Kendra, was called. Kendra was killed by Drusilla, so then Faith was called.

Faith was on the run from a very old and terribly vicious Vampire, Kakistos. She had witnessed her own Watcher’s death, and was too afraid to face him alone. Meanwhile Buffy was not happy about the sudden appearance of her sister-slayer.

“She's very personable. She gets along with my friends, my Watcher, my mom. Look, now she's getting along with my fries.”
“Now, Buffy…”
“Plus, at school today, she was making eyes at my not-boyfriend. This is creepy.”
“Does anybody else think Faith is creepy?”
“No, but I'm the one getting single-white-femaled here.”
“It's probably good you were an only child.”
“Mom, I'm just getting my life back. I'm not looking to go halfsies on it.”
(Buffy and Joyce. “Faith, Hope and Trick”)

Buffy and Faith were eventually forced to work together to fight Kakistos, and in the end, Faith found the courage to kill him. She stayed in Sunnydale. And Giles was to look after both Slayers.

Angel returned from hell that night, and after a few weeks of confusion and a visit from The First on Christmas, Buffy and Angel got back together, with the knowledge that they could never be make love again.

On Buffy’s 18th birthday, Giles administered a muscle relaxant, so that she would lose her powers, in preparation to face a deadly Vampire on cunning and wit alone. (Cruciamentum) An enforced process done by the Watchers Council, when and if a Slayer reaches her 18th birthday. Needless to say, that a hurt and betrayed Buffy passed the test. Giles told her about the test, and was consequently fired from his position as Buffy’s Watcher.

In this time, Faith turned to the dark side. She began working for The Mayor, who had plans to become a pure demon on Graduation Day.

Before Prom, Angel realised (with the Mayor and Joyce’s help) that he was keeping Buffy from the live that he wanted her to have. The life that she deserves.

“I've been thinking… about our future. And the more I do, the more I feel like us, you and me being together, is unfair to you.”
“Is this about what the Mayor said? Because he was just trying to shake us up.”
“He was right.”
“No. No, he wasn't. He's the bad guy.”
“You deserve more. You deserve something outside of demons and darkness. You should be with someone who can take you into the light. Someone who can make love to you.”
“I don't care about that.”
“You will. And children.”
“Children? Can you say jumping the gun? I kill my goldfish.”
“Today. But you have no idea how fast it goes, Buffy. Before you know it, you'll want it all, a normal life.”
(Angel and Buffy. “The Prom”)

He breaks up with her, admitting that he’s leaving town.

Buffy, although heartbroken, resolved to save the Prom from the hellhounds, eventually showing up in time to win a ‘Class Protectors Award’. And before the night was over, Angel showed up for one last dance. In “Graduation Day”, Faith shot Angel with a poisonous arrow, that would kill him unless he drank the blood of a Slayer. Buffy knew what she had to do.

“I don't mean to play devil's advocate here, but are you sure you're up to this?”
“It's time.”
“We're talking to the death.”
“I can't play kid games anymore. This is how she wants it.”
“I just don't want to lose you.”
“I won't get hurt.”
“That's not what I mean.”
(Xander and Buffy. “Graduation Day part 1”)

Buffy put Faith in a coma, but was not able to kill her. Forcing Angel to drink her blood instead.

That afternoon, after many weeks of research and preparation, the Mayor ascended into a pure demon. Arguably, one of the worst enemies Buffy and her friends had faced. Buffy, knowing that the Mayor’s weakness was his father-like love for Faith, led him through the school, trapping him in the library before Giles blew it up.

We did it, we stopped the mayor. I’m so tired. Giles found my diploma for me. It means something, I guess. My mind hasn’t processed everything yet. I saw Angel. He didn’t say goodbye, like he said. But I saw him. He looked at me and turned and walked away. I’m okay. I just need a little sleep. It’s over. (“Graduation Day.” Slayer’s Journal trading card 6)

In the fall, (season 4) Buffy attended UC. Sunnydale, with best friend Willow, and Oz.

Feeling very lost and alone, after an unsuccessful fight, and missing Angel sorely, Buffy went to her old hangout, The Bronze. There she ran into Xander, who had just returned from his almost cross-country road trip (his engine fell out at Oxnard)

“Buffy, I've gone through some fairly dark times in my life, faced some scary things, among them the kitchen at ‘The Fabulous Ladies Night Club.’ Let me tell you something, when it's dark and I'm all alone and I'm scared or freaked out or whatever, I always think, ‘What would Buffy do?’ You're my hero. Ok, sometimes when it's dark and I'm all alone I think, ‘What is Buffy wearing?’”
“Can that be one of those things you never, ever, tell me about?”
“It's a deal. Let's put this bitch in the ground! What do you say?”
(She holds out her right hand and he helps her up.)
“I think I say thank you.”
(Xander and Buffy. “The Freshman”)

Buffy and Xander worked together to take down the vamps and they succeeded.

The next week (with a few roomie problems) Buffy met Parker Abrams. Sweet talker who offered to ‘watch her back’ (it means ‘look at her butt’ – Killed By Death). The following week, she slept with him. Big mistake. Parker was the college womaniser. He chased anything in a skirt and unfortunately, Buffy was too lonely and confused to see it.

In “Fear Itself” Willow persuaded Buffy to join them at a local Halloween Party, where everyone’s fears were manifested. Buffy’s fear? Desertion. She believed that it was a pattern, that everytime she opened her heart to someone they left her. (Her father, Parker, and most obviously: Angel)

That year, Buffy fell for Psych. TA, Riley Finn. Riley was part of a military group that experimented on Demons. After the initial shock of Buffy finding out who he was and Riley in turn, discovering that she was a Slayer, they became an official couple.

In “Primeval” Buffy invoked the power of the first Slayer to help her destroy demonoid-Adam, and the Initiative. That action having consequences with the first Slayer trying to kill Buffy, Willow, Giles, and Xander in their dreams. (“Restless”)

Buffy is currently in her second year of college at UC. Sunnydale.