ooo ég fékk svo fallegt í E-maili um daginn, ég hafði aldrei heyrt þetta áður, en vá…. breath taking. Ég fékk þetta á ensku, svo ég lét þetta bara fljóta á ensku. og til að vera ekkert að breyta bréfinu þá sendi ég það bara í heild:

I was just reflecting on your previous email, about how one person could be the only person for us for the rest of our lives, and so forth. Well, a few people just know. But the rest of us, I think, cannot know anything about the future. After all, people change over time, so the maximal thing would seem to be to grow old together; but it's just as likely to grow old apart, right? It reminds me of the speech of Aristophanes in Plato's Symposium. You've probably heard it before: how in the old days, we were round beings with four legs, four arms, circular torsos and a round head with two faces. We used not to walk but to roll around as if we were doing cartwheels. And we used to reproduce by spilling seed on the ground which would turn into children.
Then one day Zeus decides to zap us with his thunderbolt and
divide us into two. He moved the faces to the other side, and most
importantly, made genitals on the severed sides. Some human
cartwheels became two males; some became two females; and
the rest became male and female. Now, since our faces and
genitals face those of the other half, we have a way of uniting with our lost halves: by bringing our bodies, faces, and genitals together and feeling like the original cartwheel being again. But it can only be temporary. And sometimes we never meet the lost half, and spend our whole lives looking for him or her. And that is how Aristophanes explains the origin of love: the desire for wholeness, to unite with the other half of our severed souls.

kveðja kvkhamlet